What is Aqovd.com?
Aqovd.com is a suspicious website which is introduced to hack Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and even Safari like web browsers. Hence, cyber experts claims this domain as a very destructive browser hijacker which is solely intended to generate traffic on malicious sites and boost huge benefit for the cyber crooks. Right after getting inside, Aqovd.com changes the default setting of affected computer which includes browser homepage, DNS configurations and desktop screen image as well. Aqovd.com replaces Google, Yahoo or Bing like popular search engines and disturbs you badly when you go for searching any query. It records all your searched terms and floods the web screen as well as compromised PC screen with thousands of fake search results, unwanted popup ads, advertisements, sponsored products, contextual links and more.
Aqovd.com is a cunning threat can use several tricky methods to get inside your computer. It mostly get installed on your computer when you browse some malicious websites or download bundled free third party programs and application. Once inside your computer system, this nasty browser infection will start doing its malicious activities. It will also arrange its auto startup by injecting its malign codes to the registry editor. Apart from this, this dubious hijack virus will also track your online activities and browsing history to collect your personal information. It can gather all your personal details including finance and share with remote hackers for making illegal profit. This nasty redirect virus is high risk for your system security and privacy. You are advised to delete Aqovd.com from your PC as early as possible.
Why Need to Remove Aqovd.com?
- Aqovd.com can interfere with your normal online activities. It blocks some popular and security related sites and forces you to search the Internet through the reputable search engines like Google, Bing and Yahoo.
- Besides, this browser hijacker can affect stability of your browser. It can cause frequent errors and overall performance problems, and may also prevent other plug-ins on your browser from working normally.
- In addition, this browser hijacker can reduce security level of your browser. It will modify various types of settings on your browser, which may bring potential risks. For example, other types of malware can attack your PC via the browser vulnerabilities more easily.
- This browser hijacker would violate your privacy, too. It records your personal information, tracks your browsing habits using cookies, and then discloses that information to third-party advertisers. This information may include your IP address, location, browser type, interested sites, recent search terms, clicked ads, and more.
- This browser hijacker can show you many annoying popup ads. It generates popup ads on your pages, or redirects you to some unknown websites that keeps displaying endless ads.
- The browser hijacker may bring other PUPs (potentially unwanted programs). When your pages are full of popup ads, it is very easy that your accidentally click on any of them. As a result of clicking the ads, you might directly download PUPs on your PC.
How Aqovd.com Enters Inside The PC:
It invade inside the PC via loading several corrupted and cheaper softwares from several questionable domain.
It often sneaks inside the PC via several vicious websites or other legitimate web pages which have been attacked by remote servers.
While transferring data from one system to another by the help of infected physical media drives.
Network attacks on personal computers is also a major reason behind the penetration of this threat inside the PC.
Opening spam email attachments containing activation code of the malware also leads to the insertion of this threat inside the PC.
Upgrading operating system installed in the computer system on a irregular basis.
Executing older version of firewall and security programs in the computer system.
Usage of pirated CDs and hardware is a major cause liable behind the proliferation of this threat inside the PC.
Several Aftermaths Of Aqovd.com :
It interrupts the user’s browsing a lot via bombarding their browser’s screen with endless pop-up ads.
This threat also perform unauthenticated modification to the browser’s settings including the default homepage, search engine and DNS settnigs.
Furthermore, it redirects the users to several unwanted pages containing more malware infections.
It keep track of the user’s browsing activities and collect the user’s personal stuff. Then the collected stuff is transmitted to the online hackers for vicious purpose.
This threat makes the computer system and browser more vulnerable via downloading and installing more harmful threats to it.
How to Remove Aqovd.com from Computer?
Please follow our professional removal steps to quickly get rid of Aqovd.com. You should know that browser hijacker should be removed from the infected computer as soon as possible in order to prevent further damage created by it. You can choose the manual removal method provided below or use an automatic anti-malware removal tool to eliminate Aqovd.com and all its malicious files and registry entries.
Free download Aqovd.com Automatic Removal Tool (Strongly Recommended)
Manual Removal Steps – Only suitable for experienced PC users
Step1: Remove Aqovd.com from Chrome/Firefox/IE
Remove Aqovd.com from Chrome
- Click the menu button at the top right corner of Chrome and then choose Settings from the drop down menu.
- In the Settings window, click “Set pages” link of “On startup”.
- Delete Aqovd.com homepage link “http://Aqovd.com/” by clicking X icon at the end and then click OK button.
- Return to the Settings window, click “Change” link of “Appearance”.
- Delete the unwanted homepage link “http://Aqovd.com/ and then click OK button.
- Now, scrolling down, click “Manage search engines” button.
- First, select Google or another preferable one as your default search engine by clicking Make default button. Then remove the unwanted search engine Aqovd.com by clicking X icon at the end. After finishing the operation, click Done button.
Remove Aqovd.com from Firefox
- Click the menu button at the top right corner of Firefox and then click Options.
- In the Options window, delete Aqovd.com homepage link “http://www.Aqovd.com/”. Then you can type a preferable page as your new homepage or click “Restore to Default” button.
- Now switch to click Search tab on the left, search for the unwanted search engine Aqovd.com and then click Remove button to delete it.
Remove Aqovd.com from IE
- Click the gear icon at the upper right corner of Internet Explorer and then select Internet optionsfrom the drop down menu. (For Windows 8 user)
Note: For Windows 7, Vista, or XP user, click Tools menu and then choose Internet Options from the drop down menu.
- In the Internet options window, delete Aqovd.com homepage link http://Aqovd.com/….Then you can type another desired web address as your new homepage or click Use new tab. After that, click Apply → OK button.
- Open your Internet Explorer again, click the gear icon at the upper right corner and then select Manage add-ons from the drop down menu. (For Windows 8 user)
Note: For Windows 7, Vista, or XP user, click Tools menu and then choose Manage add-ons from the drop down menu.
- In the Manage add-ons window, click Search Providers on the left. Choose Bing or other preferable one as your default search provider by clicking Set as default button. Then click Remove button to delete Aqovd.com.
Attention: If you can’t successfully remove Aqovd.com in this step, you are highly recommended to get rid of this fake search provider with the help of an automatic and professional malware removal tool.
Step2: Fix your Chrome/Firefox/IE shortcut target.
For Chrome user
- Right-click your Chrome shortcut on your Desktop and then selectProperties from the drop down menu.
- In the Properties window, delete all the malicious components behind …\Application\chrome.exe. And then click Apply → OK button
For Firefox user
- Right-click your Firefox shortcut on your Desktop and then select Properties from the list.
- In the Properties window, delete all the harmful components behind …\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe”. And then click Apply → OK button.
For IE user
- Right-click your IE shortcut on your Desktop and then select Properties.
- In the Properties window, delete all the unwanted components behind …\Internet Explorer\iexplorer.exe”.And then click Apply → OK button
Step3: Uninstall Aqovd.com and any suspicious programs from Windows.
For Windows 7 user:
- Click Windows Start→Control Panel → Uninstall a program under Programs.
For Windows XP user:
- Click Windows Start → Control Panel → Add or Remove Programs.
For Windows 8 user:
- Right-click Windows Start (at the lower left corner of your screen) → Control Panel → Uninstall a programunder Programs
- Look for any suspicious programs from the currently installed programs and then click Uninstall.
Aqovd.com Automatic Removal Tool – SpyHunter
SpyHunter is a top anti-malware/anti-spyware removal program which specially designed to assist the average computer user in protecting their PC from malicious threats. The top removal software can detect, remove and block browser hijacker, adware, spyware, rootkits, keyloggers, Trojans and more. In addition, SpyHunter responds with advanced technology to stay one step ahead of today’s malware threats and offers additional customization capabilities to ensure every user is able to custom tailor SpyHunter to fit their specific needs. Now download SpyHunter to have a full scan of your PC and run it to quickly get rid of Aqovd.com virus as well as all potential threats.
>> Click button below to free download the top malware removal tool.
Installation procedure of SpyHunter
- Once finished downloading, double-click SpyHunter-Installer.exe on your computer.
- Click Run button.
- Choose the language you prefer and click OK button.
- Click CONTINUE button to go on.
- Now SpyHunter is installing. Please wait for a moment.
- Click FINISH button to finish SpyHunter installation.
- Launch SpyHunter to have a full scan of your PC by clicking Scan Computer Now.
- Once finished scanning, please click Fix Threats button to remove all detected threats.
Note: SpyHunter’s free version only provides free scan and detection to your PC. To get rid of Aqovd.com and other potential threats, you need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter.
Considering the tricky browser hijacker Aqovd.com may have modified your browser settings. Therefore, to ensure your PC is thoroughly free from the virus, you’d better reset Chrome/Firefox /IE to default setting.
Reset Google Chrome
- Click the menu button at the top right corner of Chrome and then select Settings from the drop down menu.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click “Show advanced settings”.
- Continue to scroll down to the bottom of the page and click “Reset settings”.
- When a message box pops up as shown below, click Reset button to reset Google Chrome.
- Restart your computer to take effect.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Click the menu button at the top right corner of Firefox and then click the help icon at the lower right corner.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- In the opened window, clickRefresh Firefox button.
- When a message box pops up as shown below, click Refresh Firefox button to reset Mozilla Firefox.
- Restart your PC.
Reset Internet Explorer
- Click the gear icon at the upper right corner of IE and then select Internet options from the drop down menu. (For Windows 8 user)
Note: For Windows 7, Vista, XP user, click Tool menu → Internet Options.
- In the Internet options window, click Advanced tab at the upper right corner and then click Reset button.
- After a window pops up as shown below. Check the Delete personal settings and then click Reset button.
- Then you will see a message box as shown below, click Close button.
- Restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
Mentioned below are 4 steps to avoid malware while browsing the Web:
1.Do not open a fraudulent email or spam mails. Clicking on a fraudulent email will allow the cyber criminals to easily access your computer. Also never access any account information like bank info through email links which can allow access to your account information. Also ensure to have a back up for emails like how you keep record of important hard copy documents. Make sure that all the attachments are scanned before opening them.
2.Do not forget to log out of any account that you have logged in, especially when you are at a cybercafé.
3.Do not download free stuff like screen saver, videos and pictures from other websites. Downloading free stuffs from unknown website can dangerously harm your computer. Suddenly the computer begins to slow down as malicious software’s come along with those downloads. And always access safe websites to download useful information or data.
4.Do not allow an unknown person in your social networking accounts like Twitter and Facebook. Social networking websites have become a craze in the modern generation. Hence, protecting one’s identity and account is really important with increasing threats on the Internet.