What is www.kscreensavers.com?
www.kscreensavers.com is a browser hijacker and is classified as redirect virus. This nasty domain soon affect your web browsers such as Firefox, Chrome and Opera. The browser hijacker has the ability to block your access to certain websites including your bookmarks or favorite sites while you are working on-net. However, if once it gets installed in your PC then it causes various troubles such as it modifies your browser settings as well as system settings and redirect online PC users to bogus websites. What more, if you open new tab several unwanted ads appears on your browser and a casual click also redirect you to risky websites.
Well, it is mainly designed to redirect innocent online users to its associated websites and enhance web traffic which in return help its creators to generate revenue. Due to presence of the notorious browser hijacker you cannot access the legit search engine like Google.com, Yahoo.com, etc rather it redirects you to malicious websites.
Why we do not use unknown search engine?
While many computer users have been made aware of the search engine risks, users may sometimes tend to ignore it during browsing. As always, most users do not pay more attention to the search engine which we may use everyday. Some insecure search engines will take chance to collect user’s personal details. Unfortunately, many users just do not care this seriously, it seems as though letting out some browsing details is not dangerous. In fact, once users learn how vulnerable computer could be targeted through everyday activities including emails, web browsing and text massages, they might realize the importance of using search engine. The issue is when we judge a search engine on whether it is the type of dangerous or not, we just can not get answer on surface level appearance and visible traits. But when we use it for searching, it is the results we get from it which dictates whether or not it is risky. Once a strange search engine gets added to browsers by attaching to third parties. Most of time, this kind
of strange search engine will be categorized as browser hijacker or redirect virus. Users might notice the conscious changes such search engine has caused, but there are so many unconscious changes that users are probably unaware of. It becomes dangerous when these unconscious changes stop computer from getting safe search results. If you think you are a victim of this, it is important to concentrate on getting rid of such search site or search engine.
How www.kscreensavers.com Invade Inside The PC:
It mostly sneaks inside the PC by downloading and installing several cheaper and corrupted softwares from various unreliable domain.
It often lurks inside the PC by downloading attachments from spam emails
Running outdated firewall and security programs inside the computer system is also a major reason responsible behind the insertion of this threat inside the PC.
Clicking unfamiliar links or images also lead to the invasion of this threat inside the PC.
Transferring files from one computer system to another with the help of infected storage media also causes the insertion of www.kscreensavers.com inside the PC
Unauthenticated file sharing in networking environment
Harmful Effects Of www.kscreensavers.com :
It generates countless ads in order to make the browser out of function.
It brings unauthorized modification in the default system settings without seeking the user’s permission.
It also redirects the users to phishing websites created to scam people.
It do have capability of collecting the user’s sensitive information and then revealing it to the online hacker for bad purpose.
It often causes system crashes and several other weird errors
It deteriorates the system performance badly by making usage of large amount of system resources.
www.kscreensavers.com browser hijacker removal guide
If your computer is infected with this browser hijacker, follow the instructions below to get rid of it from the PC. Have tried many manual methods but the virus is still there Try advanced anti-malware software as mentioned below to detect and delete the threats completely.
Step1:Run SpyHunter to find and delete www.kscreensavers.com
Step2:Uninstall potentially unwanted programs via Control Panel
Step3:Remove suspicious add-ons/extensions from browsers
Step4:Repair the default homepage and search engine
Step5:Delete www.kscreensavers.com from browser shortcuts
Note: With the steps above, www.kscreensavers.com should disappear from your PC. When your computer is infected with such unwanted software and you find the regular manual methods fail to work, use SpyHunter and the problem can be fixed soon. They can find and remove www.kscreensavers.com completelyfrom your PC with only a few clicks.
Step1:Run SpyHunter to find and delete www.kscreensavers.com
SpyHunter is an anti-malware program that can detect and remove browser hijackers, adware, spyware and other malware completely. It provides you free malware detection. Follow the steps below to delete the infections within your system by using SpyHunter:
- Click here to download SpyHunter.
- SpyHunter starts to scan your system for malware. The scanning may take a few minutes to finish.
- Once done, all the threats on your PC will be showed in the scan results. The tool provides you with brief info and related infections of the threats. You can expand to view more details about the malware. To clear the infections, click on the Fix Threats button.
- You need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter to completely wipe out www.kscreensavers.com and other infections.
Step2: Uninstall potentially unwanted programs via Control Panel
Some other additional programs may come along with the browser hijacker.To free up your hard disk space and prevent from further problems, please uninstall those uninvited programs via Control Panel.
- Click on Start button and select Settings.
- Click on Systems.
- Select Apps & Features. All the installed programs will be displayed on the right
- Find any program that you don’t want, select it and click on Uninstall button
- Click on Uninstall in the pop-up to confirm the removal. Remove the unwanted programs with the given instructions completely.
- Use Windows key + X key combination to bring up the Power User Menu.
- Select Programs and Features from the menu.
- Search for the program s that may come along with www.kscreensavers.com browser hijacker, select them and click on Uninstall button.
- Follow the prompts to completely remove the unwanted programs.
- Click on Start button and choose Control Panel.
- Click on Uninstall a program under Programs category (View by: Category) or Programs and Features(View by: Large icons).
- Find the programs that were installed without permission, select them and click on Uninstall button one by one.
- Complete the removal by following the instructions on the screen.
- Click on Start button and select Control Panel.
- Double click on Add/Remove Programs.
- Select any program unfamiliar to you that was installed recently, click on Remove button.
- Follow the instructions to complete the uninstallation.
Note: If the programs can’t be removed from Control Panel as usual, you may consider using an advanced malware removal tool to uninstall them thoroughly. For the sake of your PC, it’s not suggested that you leave these unexpected programs on the PC.
Step3:Remove suspicious add-ons/extensions from browsers
Sometimes www.kscreensavers.com browser hijacker may be caused by certain browser extensions/add-ons. Follow the guide below to disable or remove the harmful add-ons/extensions.
- Click on Tools or the IE menu (gear icon) button, and then click Manage Add-ons from the menu.
- Click on Toolbars and Extensions under Add-on Types.
- Remove any add-on that is unfamiliar to you by selecting it and clicking on the Remove button.
- Click on Tools on the menu bar or the Mozilla Firefox menu button and then select Add-ons.
- In the Add-ons Manager page, click on Extensions on the left side.
- Find any unwanted add-on and remove it by clicking on Remove button next to it.
- Click on the Chrome menu button in the top right corner of the browser and then select More Tools ->Extensions.
- Find any extension related to www.kscreensavers.com or strange to you and click chrome-trashcan-icon to remove it.
Step4: Repair the default homepage and search engine
If your default homepage and search engine have been changed to www.kscreensavers.com, follow the guide below to reset them.
- Click on the Tools or the IE menu button (gear icon) and click Internet Options.
- Click on the General tab, check Home page field and delete www.kscreensavers.com if it is there. Then enter the address of the website that you’d like to set as the default homepage instead. Click OK to save the changes.
- Click on Tools on the menu bar or the IE menu button (gear icon) and select Manage add-ons.
- Click on Search Providers under Add-on Types. If any unwanted search engine is listed there, select it and click Remove button and then click Close. Choose a search engine you want and click Set as default to set it as the default search provider.
- Click on Tools or the Firefox menu button and select Options from the drop-down menu.
- Click on the General on the left side. Under Startup, make sure When Firefox starts: is set to Show my home page. Delete www.kscreensavers.com from the Home Page field if you see it there. Then enter the address of your preferred website.
- Click on Search on the left side. Under Default Search Engines section, select the one you’d like to set as the default search engine by clicking on the arrow icon.
- Under One-click search engines section, select the search engine you you don’t want and click on Removebutton. Close the page and the changes will be saved.
- Click on Chrome menu button and select Settings.
- Under On startup, select Open a specific page or set of pages and click the Set pages. Delete www.kscreensavers.com and enter the URL of your preferred page in the blank field and click on OK to save the changes.
- Scroll down to the Appearance section, click on the Change link. If any unwanted URL is displayed there, please delete it by clicking on the “X” button. Then type the address of the website you’d like in the editable field and click on OK button.
- Scroll down to the Search section, click on the arrow button and select the search engine that you want. It will become you default search engine.
- To delete the unwanted search engine, click on Manage search engines… link. Delete the search engine you want to remove by clicking on the “X” icon. Click on OK button to save the changes.
Step5: Delete www.kscreensavers.com from browser shortcuts
The browser hijacker may add an argument like www.kscreensavers.com to your browser shortcuts.In this way, the site can open automatically every time you start the browser. To fix the issue, you need to delete the annoying argument from the browser shortcuts as below:
- Locate to your IE/Chrome/Firefox shortcut icon on the desktop, right click on it and select Properties.
- Check the shortcut path and make sure there are no extra characters like the URL of the browser hijacker behind the target path (e.g. “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe”.) If any harmful content is found, please delete it and then click on OK to save the changes.
Mentioned below are 3 steps to avoid malware while browsing the Web:
1.Don’t use a single password and PIN everywhere. No one uses same key for house, car, office, briefcase and deposit box. Generally, most of the people use different keys. Suppose one uses the same PIN everywhere, then an opportunity is being created for a thief to unlock every door.
2.Do not login (into) third party applications that ask for email logins. Third party applications are programs written to work within operating systems, but are written by individuals or companies other than the providers of the operating system.
3.Do not click on pop-ups that appear while browsing the web. Those pop-ups may contain malware which can be automatically downloaded to the PC. Pop-up ads are a form of advertising intended to attract web traffic or capture email addresses.