What is Answerfinder.com?
Answerfinder.com is a risky browser hijacker that silently get entered and later on bring lots of malicious activities to make system almost unusable. After getting activated, start altering commonly used web browser’s like IE, Safari, Mozilla Firefox and Chrome searches to let its result redirected to malicious and risky web sites. Answerfinder.com will bring changes in entire system’s appearance and will even insert its code in the start up section aiming to get re loaded every time when ever system get restarted. It will block all the running applications and will even disable firewalls to open a side door for other sneaky PC threat. Thats why, in order to make system’s again usable, you are advised to remove Answerfinder.com instantly and make system’s secure.
Along with this, while online surfing it display several annoying pop-up ads that interrupts your online browsing. Answerfinder.com also shows fake messages asking you to update video player or flash player and it provides you link to update your program to latest version but do not click on the links. The redirect virus monitors and track your online browsing behavior along with other essential data. It is also capable enough to degrade the speed and performance of your Internet browser. More-over, it block your IP address and won’t allow you to access certain websites including your bookmarks or favorite sites. Thus, if your homepage also redirecting you to strange websites then take quick steps to remove Answerfinder.com, before its too late.
Why Answerfinder.com is Dangerous
#1 It will redirect web pages that usually are phishing scam websites and ad-injecting sites.
Answerfinder.com will link users of the affected computers to certain web pages that are not asked by users. When users visit fake websites, they will likely be faced with a requirement for entering their personal information in detail including real name, the email account and password, the mobile phone number and even the credit card number. Once such information is passed on hackers, hackers will gain access to valuable accounts and steal the money. Repetitive advertising contents can also be irritating and risky.
#2 It will change the affected browser’s settings automatically
Answerfinder.com will make unwanted changes to the browser that the user currently uses which is also known as the default browser. The homepage and default search engine will be replaced by this maleficent website without users’ knowledge. Once changed, it is hard to revert those sudden changes.
#3 It will display worthless advertisements all over the web pages recklessly
The affected computer can be severely underpowered and performs sluggishly in that Answerfinder.com mainly displays advertisements with pop-up windows. There could be banner ads, in-text ads and other types of ads on the browser to promote malicious programs. Besides, users’ online activities will be severely disrupted.
#4 It will invite a barrage of malware-laden programs on the computer
A number of strange and unwanted programs will be installed on the compromised computer one after another and users don’t even have the chance to cancel the installation. And then they will clog up the space on the disk and the computer can’t work normally. The screen could freeze frequently.
#5 It will peek at all online activities and expose confidential data to the risk of being stolen
Answerfinder.com stores all data have been generated when users are online and claims that it is for providing better browsing experience and customized service. However, it can also collect crucial data like banking credentials, account names, and passwords. Once cyber criminals obtain such important information, what happens next on the users is bleak.
Usually, Answerfinder.com invades into the PC through using unprincipled way like through
free downloads preferably from unknown source.
opening spam attached mails,
accessing suspicious or adult websites,
clicking on dubious links,
outdated antivirus programs,
file sharing through peer to peer network, bluetooth sharing
Inconvenience Caused By Answerfinder.com:
Answerfinder.com brings lots of problem along with itself. Even, it do have capability to disable system security programs in order to prevent itself from real time detection.
It mutely travels into the PC without having any knowledge to the user.
Do have capability to take whole control over browser by modifying all its previous settings along with homepage and default search engine.
Monitor user’s online browsing behavior so as to collect your personal data.
Can expose user’s private and confidential data to cyber crooks in order to get profit.
Keeps popping up unlimited pop-ups, advertisements, fake alerts, notifications on the browser.
Can mislead user to unsafe domain.
Get loaded automatically each time when window launches.
Allows many other harmful programs to download and install into the computer
Answerfinder.com browser hijacker removal guide
If your computer is infected with this browser hijacker, follow the instructions below to get rid of it from the PC. Have tried many manual methods but the virus is still there Try advanced anti-malware software as mentioned below to detect and delete the threats completely.
Step1:Run SpyHunter to find and delete Answerfinder.com
Step2:Uninstall potentially unwanted programs via Control Panel
Step3:Remove suspicious add-ons/extensions from browsers
Step4:Repair the default homepage and search engine
Step5:Delete Answerfinder.com from browser shortcuts
Note: With the steps above, Answerfinder.com should disappear from your PC. When your computer is infected with such unwanted software and you find the regular manual methods fail to work, use SpyHunter and the problem can be fixed soon. They can find and remove Answerfinder.com completelyfrom your PC with only a few clicks.
Step1:Run SpyHunter to find and delete Answerfinder.com
SpyHunter is an anti-malware program that can detect and remove browser hijackers, adware, spyware and other malware completely. It provides you free malware detection. Follow the steps below to delete the infections within your system by using SpyHunter:
- Click here to download SpyHunter.
- SpyHunter starts to scan your system for malware. The scanning may take a few minutes to finish.
- Once done, all the threats on your PC will be showed in the scan results. The tool provides you with brief info and related infections of the threats. You can expand to view more details about the malware. To clear the infections, click on the Fix Threats button.
- You need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter to completely wipe out Answerfinder.com and other infections.
Step2: Uninstall potentially unwanted programs via Control Panel
Some other additional programs may come along with the browser hijacker.To free up your hard disk space and prevent from further problems, please uninstall those uninvited programs via Control Panel.
- Click on Start button and select Settings.
- Click on Systems.
- Select Apps & Features. All the installed programs will be displayed on the right
- Find any program that you don’t want, select it and click on Uninstall button
- Click on Uninstall in the pop-up to confirm the removal. Remove the unwanted programs with the given instructions completely.
- Use Windows key + X key combination to bring up the Power User Menu.
- Select Programs and Features from the menu.
- Search for the program s that may come along with Answerfinder.com browser hijacker, select them and click on Uninstall button.
- Follow the prompts to completely remove the unwanted programs.
- Click on Start button and choose Control Panel.
- Click on Uninstall a program under Programs category (View by: Category) or Programs and Features(View by: Large icons).
- Find the programs that were installed without permission, select them and click on Uninstall button one by one.
- Complete the removal by following the instructions on the screen.
- Click on Start button and select Control Panel.
- Double click on Add/Remove Programs.
- Select any program unfamiliar to you that was installed recently, click on Remove button.
- Follow the instructions to complete the uninstallation.
Note: If the programs can’t be removed from Control Panel as usual, you may consider using an advanced malware removal tool to uninstall them thoroughly. For the sake of your PC, it’s not suggested that you leave these unexpected programs on the PC.
Step3:Remove suspicious add-ons/extensions from browsers
Sometimes Answerfinder.com browser hijacker may be caused by certain browser extensions/add-ons. Follow the guide below to disable or remove the harmful add-ons/extensions.
- Click on Tools or the IE menu (gear icon) button, and then click Manage Add-ons from the menu.
- Click on Toolbars and Extensions under Add-on Types.
- Remove any add-on that is unfamiliar to you by selecting it and clicking on the Remove button.
- Click on Tools on the menu bar or the Mozilla Firefox menu button and then select Add-ons.
- In the Add-ons Manager page, click on Extensions on the left side.
- Find any unwanted add-on and remove it by clicking on Remove button next to it.
- Click on the Chrome menu button in the top right corner of the browser and then select More Tools ->Extensions.
- Find any extension related to Answerfinder.com or strange to you and click chrome-trashcan-icon to remove it.
Step4: Repair the default homepage and search engine
If your default homepage and search engine have been changed to Answerfinder.com, follow the guide below to reset them.
- Click on the Tools or the IE menu button (gear icon) and click Internet Options.
- Click on the General tab, check Home page field and delete Answerfinder.com if it is there. Then enter the address of the website that you’d like to set as the default homepage instead. Click OK to save the changes.
- Click on Tools on the menu bar or the IE menu button (gear icon) and select Manage add-ons.
- Click on Search Providers under Add-on Types. If any unwanted search engine is listed there, select it and click Remove button and then click Close. Choose a search engine you want and click Set as default to set it as the default search provider.
- Click on Tools or the Firefox menu button and select Options from the drop-down menu.
- Click on the General on the left side. Under Startup, make sure When Firefox starts: is set to Show my home page. Delete Answerfinder.com from the Home Page field if you see it there. Then enter the address of your preferred website.
- Click on Search on the left side. Under Default Search Engines section, select the one you’d like to set as the default search engine by clicking on the arrow icon.
- Under One-click search engines section, select the search engine you you don’t want and click on Removebutton. Close the page and the changes will be saved.
- Click on Chrome menu button and select Settings.
- Under On startup, select Open a specific page or set of pages and click the Set pages. Delete Answerfinder.com and enter the URL of your preferred page in the blank field and click on OK to save the changes.
- Scroll down to the Appearance section, click on the Change link. If any unwanted URL is displayed there, please delete it by clicking on the “X” button. Then type the address of the website you’d like in the editable field and click on OK button.
- Scroll down to the Search section, click on the arrow button and select the search engine that you want. It will become you default search engine.
- To delete the unwanted search engine, click on Manage search engines… link. Delete the search engine you want to remove by clicking on the “X” icon. Click on OK button to save the changes.
Step5: Delete Answerfinder.com from browser shortcuts
The browser hijacker may add an argument like Answerfinder.com to your browser shortcuts.In this way, the site can open automatically every time you start the browser. To fix the issue, you need to delete the annoying argument from the browser shortcuts as below:
- Locate to your IE/Chrome/Firefox shortcut icon on the desktop, right click on it and select Properties.
- Check the shortcut path and make sure there are no extra characters like the URL of the browser hijacker behind the target path (e.g. “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe”.) If any harmful content is found, please delete it and then click on OK to save the changes.
How To Prevent Trojan Horses
1.Probably the biggest line of defense to help prevent having your computer infected with a Trojan Horse or other malicious software is being careful what you do online.
2.Beware of homemade CDs and thumb drives. If you plan to use these disks in your computer, scan them with your anti-virus software first.
3.If you have no other internet security software installed on your computer, ensure you have antivirus software installed on your computer. Antivirus software is much better than a few short years ago at detecting Trojans. Most, but not all, Trojan Horses are detected with modern antivirus software. Though most antivirus software updates automatically now, ensure that you keep it up-to-date. Remember that antivirus software is only as good as the last update.
4.It is a good idea to have anti-spyware and anti-keylogger software installed on your computer as well, as a Trojan Horse could very well be bundled with spyware or a keylogger. Visit my Free Internet Security Software page for free internet security software, including anti-virus, anti-spyware and anti-keylogger software.
5.In fact, never open an email attachment from even someone you know that is unfamiliar and/or unexpected, as their system could be infected with a Trojan Horse or other malicious software. Confirm that the sender did actually send you the email before opening.