My Mozilla Firefox stopped normally working for days. It kept directing me to Rayjump.com as soon as I started to browse. Each time I started to search something, this virus popped up automatically. What is going on? Google said that this webpage is a malicious and pesky browser hijacker virus. What should I do now? I got lots of pop-up on screen while I was browsing. Please help! Thank you!
What is Rayjump.com?
Rayjump.com is yet another redirect virus that will never let you surf freely. It is created by evil hackers and cyber criminals aiming to make your machine completely completely unusable. Rayjump.com pop-up will never let you surf freely rather make your search result hijacked to a web page full of sponsored links and annoying ads. This nasty threat will start annoying user by showing fake discount offers, pop up ads, error messages along with lots of other unusual pop up ads. Rayjump.com pop-up will bring modifications in all over your essential system’s settings and its appearance without asking your consent. This nasty threat is capable to ruin your entire system’s performance and thus make aiming to ruin it. It will bring changes in all over your system appearance and in its essential system’s settings including security one. Rayjump.com pop-up will turn off firewalls and with modify security settings aiming to make an easy way for other risky malware. Thus, it is advised to take any quick action against Rayjump.com pop-up malware and thu
s make your system again accessible.
Most often, Rayjump.com pop-up will bring modifications in all over system’s appearance and in its valuable settings as well. It will mix up its risky code in the start up section so that it can easily get added after every start up. Rayjump.com pop-up is capable to ruin your system’s performance and thus make your machine vulnerable. It will modify desktop back ground, default browser’s settings and other valuable settings aiming to make your system completely in-accessible. Rayjump.com pop-up usually get added after surfing unsafe websites, clicking unusual links, unsafe removal media and most commonly come along with bundled freewares which is downloaded from non authorized websites. You wont be able to install any new genuine and legitimate programs as well. In order to get rid of all the above mentioned system’s issues, we recommend you to remove Rayjump.com pop-up as soon as possible.
Identity theft?is the deliberate use of someone else’s?identity, usually as a method to gain a financial advantage or obtain credit and other benefits in the other person’s name,?and perhaps to the other person’s disadvantage or loss. The person whose identity has been assumed may suffer adverse consequences if they are held responsible for the perpetrator’s actions. Identity theft occurs when someone uses another’s personally identifying information, like their name, identifying number, or credit card number, without their permission, to commit fraud or other crimes. – Wikipedia
So far there are many users’ computers infected with Rayjump.com virus. From the description of the victims given below, you can see that Rayjump.com is stubborn browser hijacker and hard to be removed by common anti-malware programs or simple manual removal. Actually, it is not terrible if you can seek for the effective way to get rid of ?the browser hijacker?in time once infected with it. Keeping the threat on PC for a long time, the potential harms caused by it will be greater. To avoid further damage, it is highly recommended to eliminate Rayjump.com malware with a Top Malware Removal Tool.
Without question, computer is vulnerable to attack by malware if you don’t form a good habit of surfing the Internet. However, it is really difficult to get rid of it from computer especially some stubborn malware just like Rayjump.com. So it is quite important to know about how the malware or spyware come into the target computer.
Browser hijacker Rayjump.com enters the target computer through all kinds of tricky means which users won’t notice. However, the most popular way is bundled with third party applications particularly some freeware that are often downloaded by users such as Windows Media Player, game software like Cheat Engine, PDF reader, Adobe Flash Player, Video Downloader, etc. To avoid installing malware or other potentially unwanted programs, it is advised you to pay close attention to the software downloads and installation. To download freeware, you’d better go to its official website. Most users may not know that lots of notorious websites are designed by hackers or cyber criminals to spread malicious programs. Be cautious when downloading freeware.
When it comes to software installation, many users often ignore reading the EULA or Terms and Agreement during the installation process. To prevent your PC from malware or spyware attacks, you should read each step on the setup wizard. In addition, do not agree to install any recommended software that you are not familiar although the software claims that how useful it is. Well, it is also advised to select Advanced or Custom installation instead of Express, Quick or Default installation. Why I suggest you to do that? The purpose is that many rogue applications usually conceal within these two options and they are checked by default. Without choosing either one, you may install other potentially unwanted programs on your PC along with the target software.
Detailed Information about Rayjump.com
|Threat Type||Browser Hijacker|
|Windows OS||Window 7/Vista/XP/8/10|
|Target Browsers||Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer|
|Spreading Route||Freeware downloads and installation, Pop-up ads, Sponsored links, Spam e-mails, etc.|
|Note: This Free Scanner only helps to detect malicious software on your PC. To remove the detected malware, you have to purchase the licensed version.|
When Rayjump.com Enters Into PC:
When Rayjump.com slips to your PC, you will not able to perform your system in a proper way. While surfing online and click for any unfamiliar sites, it may chance to this adware to come into your system. There are some reasons why it comes to your computer which is given below.
When you open any unknown emails and attachments
Your antivirus is out of date
While sharing P2P files
By installing free software
Blocked Firewall and security settings
Rayjump.com browser hijacker removal guide
If your computer is infected with this browser hijacker, follow the instructions below to get rid of it from the PC. Have tried many manual methods but the virus is still there Try advanced anti-malware software as mentioned below to detect and delete the threats completely.
Step1:Run SpyHunter to find and delete Rayjump.com
Step2:Uninstall potentially unwanted programs via Control Panel
Step3:Remove suspicious add-ons/extensions from browsers
Step4:Repair the default homepage and search engine
Step5:Delete Rayjump.com from browser shortcuts
Note: With the steps above, Rayjump.com should disappear from your PC. When your computer is infected with such unwanted software and you find the regular manual methods fail to work, use SpyHunter and the problem can be fixed soon. They can find and remove Rayjump.com completelyfrom your PC with only a few clicks.
Step1:Run SpyHunter to find and delete Rayjump.com
SpyHunter is an anti-malware program that can detect and remove browser hijackers, adware, spyware and other malware completely. It provides you free malware detection. Follow the steps below to delete the infections within your system by using SpyHunter:
- Click here to download SpyHunter.
- SpyHunter starts to scan your system for malware. The scanning may take a few minutes to finish.
- Once done, all the threats on your PC will be showed in the scan results. The tool provides you with brief info and related infections of the threats. You can expand to view more details about the malware. To clear the infections, click on the Fix Threats button.
- You need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter to completely wipe out Rayjump.com and other infections.
Step2: Uninstall potentially unwanted programs via Control Panel
Some other additional programs may come along with the browser hijacker.To free up your hard disk space and prevent from further problems, please uninstall those uninvited programs via Control Panel.
- Click on Start button and select Settings.
- Click on Systems.
- Select Apps & Features. All the installed programs will be displayed on the right
- Find any program that you don’t want, select it and click on Uninstall button
- Click on Uninstall in the pop-up to confirm the removal. Remove the unwanted programs with the given instructions completely.
- Use Windows key + X key combination to bring up the Power User Menu.
- Select Programs and Features from the menu.
- Search for the program s that may come along with Rayjump.com browser hijacker, select them and click on Uninstall button.
- Follow the prompts to completely remove the unwanted programs.
- Click on Start button and choose Control Panel.
- Click on Uninstall a program under Programs category (View by: Category) or Programs and Features(View by: Large icons).
- Find the programs that were installed without permission, select them and click on Uninstall button one by one.
- Complete the removal by following the instructions on the screen.
- Click on Start button and select Control Panel.
- Double click on Add/Remove Programs.
- Select any program unfamiliar to you that was installed recently, click on Remove button.
- Follow the instructions to complete the uninstallation.
Note: If the programs can’t be removed from Control Panel as usual, you may consider using an advanced malware removal tool to uninstall them thoroughly. For the sake of your PC, it’s not suggested that you leave these unexpected programs on the PC.
Step3:Remove suspicious add-ons/extensions from browsers
Sometimes Rayjump.com browser hijacker may be caused by certain browser extensions/add-ons. Follow the guide below to disable or remove the harmful add-ons/extensions.
- Click on Tools or the IE menu (gear icon) button, and then click Manage Add-ons from the menu.
- Click on Toolbars and Extensions under Add-on Types.
- Remove any add-on that is unfamiliar to you by selecting it and clicking on the Remove button.
- Click on Tools on the menu bar or the Mozilla Firefox menu button and then select Add-ons.
- In the Add-ons Manager page, click on Extensions on the left side.
- Find any unwanted add-on and remove it by clicking on Remove button next to it.
- Click on the Chrome menu button in the top right corner of the browser and then select More Tools ->Extensions.
- Find any extension related to Rayjump.com or strange to you and click chrome-trashcan-icon to remove it.
Step4: Repair the default homepage and search engine
If your default homepage and search engine have been changed to Rayjump.com, follow the guide below to reset them.
- Click on the Tools or the IE menu button (gear icon) and click Internet Options.
- Click on the General tab, check Home page field and delete Rayjump.com if it is there. Then enter the address of the website that you’d like to set as the default homepage instead. Click OK to save the changes.
- Click on Tools on the menu bar or the IE menu button (gear icon) and select Manage add-ons.
- Click on Search Providers under Add-on Types. If any unwanted search engine is listed there, select it and click Remove button and then click Close. Choose a search engine you want and click Set as default to set it as the default search provider.
- Click on Tools or the Firefox menu button and select Options from the drop-down menu.
- Click on the General on the left side. Under Startup, make sure When Firefox starts: is set to Show my home page. Delete Rayjump.com from the Home Page field if you see it there. Then enter the address of your preferred website.
- Click on Search on the left side. Under Default Search Engines section, select the one you’d like to set as the default search engine by clicking on the arrow icon.
- Under One-click search engines section, select the search engine you you don’t want and click on Removebutton. Close the page and the changes will be saved.
- Click on Chrome menu button and select Settings.
- Under On startup, select Open a specific page or set of pages and click the Set pages. Delete Rayjump.com and enter the URL of your preferred page in the blank field and click on OK to save the changes.
- Scroll down to the Appearance section, click on the Change link. If any unwanted URL is displayed there, please delete it by clicking on the “X” button. Then type the address of the website you’d like in the editable field and click on OK button.
- Scroll down to the Search section, click on the arrow button and select the search engine that you want. It will become you default search engine.
- To delete the unwanted search engine, click on Manage search engines… link. Delete the search engine you want to remove by clicking on the “X” icon. Click on OK button to save the changes.
Step5: Delete Rayjump.com from browser shortcuts
The browser hijacker may add an argument like Rayjump.com to your browser shortcuts.In this way, the site can open automatically every time you start the browser. To fix the issue, you need to delete the annoying argument from the browser shortcuts as below:
- Locate to your IE/Chrome/Firefox shortcut icon on the desktop, right click on it and select Properties.
- Check the shortcut path and make sure there are no extra characters like the URL of the browser hijacker behind the target path (e.g. “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe”.) If any harmful content is found, please delete it and then click on OK to save the changes.
Mentioned below are 3 steps to avoid malware while browsing the Web:
1.Don’t use a single password and PIN everywhere. No one uses same key for house, car, office, briefcase and deposit box. Generally, most of the people use different keys. Suppose one uses the same PIN everywhere, then an opportunity is being created for a thief to unlock every door.
2.Do not login (into) third party applications that ask for email logins. Third party applications are programs written to work within operating systems, but are written by individuals or companies other than the providers of the operating system.
3.Do not click on pop-ups that appear while browsing the web. Those pop-ups may contain malware which can be automatically downloaded to the PC. Pop-up ads are a form of advertising intended to attract web traffic or capture email addresses.