Earlier today I downloaded a game from a website and then I suddenly noticed that I have something new on my browser. My default homepage was no longer Google anymore and it just changed to Search-square.com which had a similar appearance like Google. I supposed it could be a phony search engine but I cannot get Google back. I went to IE settings and changed the homepage a million times, but it didn’t work at all. I have spent a few hours scanning my computer but still no luck. What should I do? How do I get rid of this annoying hijacker thing completely?
What is Search-square.com?
Search-square.com is a highly infective and dangerous browser hijacker infection. If you are finding Search-square.com on your web browser’s default homepage then you should realise that your computer has infected with this malware infection. The appearance of this nasty website on your computer will let you face several devastating outcomes. It make your web browser and PC very sluggish and develop tendency to corruption. You can also face very annoying and intrusive web browsing experience because it allow massive display of pop-ups and redirections on suspicious websites. Search-square.com suspicious domain is designed by hackers to deform system and browser on Windows, to earn money by promoting products or services of dubious websites. This advertising-supported program and potentially unwanted on your computer. Components sticks with your browser as an extension and always display the modified search results for the keyword and redirect web browser to malicious websites. If you read the pop-up ads on Search-square.com while surfing the Internet, which me
ans malware infection on your computer, which can lead to cyber-scams and serious data loss. Sources of the infection are online free downloads, spam email attachments, visiting illegal websites and links to unknown websites or advertisements.
If your computer is infected Search-square.com you can see a lot of changes on your computer, but your anti virus software can not detect the infection, because it is designed to infiltrate installed in your computer and go unnoticed security. In a very short period of time, it makes your computer slow and take in your browser. It shows you targeted ads based on your previous searches through a web browser. He’s always looking for an opportunity to steal your personal information and send them to cyber-criminals. You can easily imagine how cyber-criminals are abusing your email ID, user name, passwords, credit/debit card, if the malicious program to be successful in the collection and export of information on your remote server. It is much better to immediately delete suspicious Search-square.com and prevent your computer from unauthorized access.
Browser hijacker also has the ability to monitor your browsing activities and collect some relevant information like IP address, search queries, pages viewed, etc. According to your browsing habits, it can serve you related advertisements that you are more likely to click on. Please note that most advertisements generated by Search-square.com are spurious. Clicking any of them may redirect you to visit phishing sites that designed to look like legitimate sites. In reality it is dangerous to visit since your private data like email address, password or credit card number may be stolen. Be cautious! As mentioned before, the main goal of malware is to drive users to visit particular sites, download viruses or other malware on your computer in order to mess up the system, gather your personal information and sell to someone else.
Source from this site
How Much Do You Know About Phishing Site?
Do you know that anyone can set up a website through the Internet without any permission? So you should be vigilant when browsing the web. Do you know that how hackers or cyber criminals get you to visit phishing sites and filch your sensitive data for illegal activities? In addition to the pop-up advertisements that may redirect you to phishing site, in reality the main way to achieve their dirty means is via email including spam emails and email attachments.?Hackers send you email, appearing?to come from your bank that tempt you to log in your bank account and password.?To stay safe, you are against clicking a link in an e-mail to access your bank account or any other service that is important to you.?In general, any legitimate bank & service provider will never ask for your bank account or password details through email or online messaging without any indication.?If you receive such email or message, leave it alone or delete it immediately. If you really want to click, please check the information firs
t.? In the second place, keep your antivirus software up-to-date, so that your browser won’t be easily hijacked and you are not redirected to the phishing site that designed by hackers.
Avoid Getting Malware – How To?Do?
Most of the time, people understand the risks of infecting malware but they may not know how to protect themselves as a malware attack can happen in so many ways. Now let me show you how to protect yourself and avoid unnecessary issues. Malware can enter the target computer through all sorts of ways, such as freeware, bundled package, P2P file-sharing, spam emails, torrent files, pop-up ads, etc. However,?the most popular way is bundled with freeware installation. To avoid installing malware like Search-square.com, you should download any software only from its official site or other reputable sites and pay more attention to the software installation process. You should always finish the software installation with Advanced or Custom installation and make sure you won’t check any additional programs recommended to you. Never hurry to click Next or Accept button without reading the License Agreement carefully. In most cases, special offers are usually potentially unwanted programs that you don’t want to install. Many users
often complain that some unknown programs are installed on their computers without any signs when they ?finished the freeware installation.?Therefore, be extremely careful when installing free software. If you want to know about how malware attacks in detail, this page will show you more.
Do you still hesitate to remove Search-square.com browser hijacker? There is?a user whose computer gets infected by Search-square.com virus and is?searching for help online. Now, let’s have a look how the victim?states?the symptom after infecting the threat.?The virus hijacks the Chrome homepage every time he launches the browser.?He can’t get rid of the annoying website and stop being redirected.?What’s worse, the infection might have stolen his personal information and?obtained the privacy.
Are you?afraid? To avoid privacy disclosure and identity theft, it’s time to get rid of the browser hijacker from the infected computer. Without removing it timely, more problems will be caused by the infection in the future. Can you withstand further damage?
To let you know about the characteristic of the threat in detail , you can have a look at the following table.
Overview of Search-square.com
|Threat type||Browser hijacker|
|Spreading route||?Freeware installation, P2P file-sharing, Torrent file, spam email, bundled package, pop-up advertisements, etc|
|Quick solution||Run a Real-Time Malware Remover to quickly and completely remove Search-square.com!|
|Note: The Malware Remover can quickly detect and remove the latest malware like spyware, adware, browser hijacker, Trojans, rootkits, keyloggers within just a few minutes. With its?advanced and sophisticated algorithm, the top malware removal tool can effectively block any malicious programs that try to attack your PC.|
Harmful Impacts of Search-square.com Onto Your PC
Hijack installed web browser and will replace your homepage.
Largely degrade computer performance.
Due to overuse of resources, System crashes constantly.
Help other unknown and malicious programs.
Records your browsing behavior.
Capable to steal private and sensitive data.
May damages important system files and weakens system security.
Search-square.com browser hijacker removal guide
If your computer is infected with this browser hijacker, follow the instructions below to get rid of it from the PC. Have tried many manual methods but the virus is still there Try advanced anti-malware software as mentioned below to detect and delete the threats completely.
Step1:Run SpyHunter to find and delete Search-square.com
Step2:Uninstall potentially unwanted programs via Control Panel
Step3:Remove suspicious add-ons/extensions from browsers
Step4:Repair the default homepage and search engine
Step5:Delete Search-square.com from browser shortcuts
Note: With the steps above, Search-square.com should disappear from your PC. When your computer is infected with such unwanted software and you find the regular manual methods fail to work, use SpyHunter and the problem can be fixed soon. They can find and remove Search-square.com completelyfrom your PC with only a few clicks.
Step1:Run SpyHunter to find and delete Search-square.com
SpyHunter is an anti-malware program that can detect and remove browser hijackers, adware, spyware and other malware completely. It provides you free malware detection. Follow the steps below to delete the infections within your system by using SpyHunter:
- Click here to download SpyHunter.
- SpyHunter starts to scan your system for malware. The scanning may take a few minutes to finish.
- Once done, all the threats on your PC will be showed in the scan results. The tool provides you with brief info and related infections of the threats. You can expand to view more details about the malware. To clear the infections, click on the Fix Threats button.
- You need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter to completely wipe out Search-square.com and other infections.
Step2: Uninstall potentially unwanted programs via Control Panel
Some other additional programs may come along with the browser hijacker.To free up your hard disk space and prevent from further problems, please uninstall those uninvited programs via Control Panel.
- Click on Start button and select Settings.
- Click on Systems.
- Select Apps & Features. All the installed programs will be displayed on the right
- Find any program that you don’t want, select it and click on Uninstall button
- Click on Uninstall in the pop-up to confirm the removal. Remove the unwanted programs with the given instructions completely.
- Use Windows key + X key combination to bring up the Power User Menu.
- Select Programs and Features from the menu.
- Search for the program s that may come along with Search-square.com browser hijacker, select them and click on Uninstall button.
- Follow the prompts to completely remove the unwanted programs.
- Click on Start button and choose Control Panel.
- Click on Uninstall a program under Programs category (View by: Category) or Programs and Features(View by: Large icons).
- Find the programs that were installed without permission, select them and click on Uninstall button one by one.
- Complete the removal by following the instructions on the screen.
- Click on Start button and select Control Panel.
- Double click on Add/Remove Programs.
- Select any program unfamiliar to you that was installed recently, click on Remove button.
- Follow the instructions to complete the uninstallation.
Note: If the programs can’t be removed from Control Panel as usual, you may consider using an advanced malware removal tool to uninstall them thoroughly. For the sake of your PC, it’s not suggested that you leave these unexpected programs on the PC.
Step3:Remove suspicious add-ons/extensions from browsers
Sometimes Search-square.com browser hijacker may be caused by certain browser extensions/add-ons. Follow the guide below to disable or remove the harmful add-ons/extensions.
- Click on Tools or the IE menu (gear icon) button, and then click Manage Add-ons from the menu.
- Click on Toolbars and Extensions under Add-on Types.
- Remove any add-on that is unfamiliar to you by selecting it and clicking on the Remove button.
- Click on Tools on the menu bar or the Mozilla Firefox menu button and then select Add-ons.
- In the Add-ons Manager page, click on Extensions on the left side.
- Find any unwanted add-on and remove it by clicking on Remove button next to it.
- Click on the Chrome menu button in the top right corner of the browser and then select More Tools ->Extensions.
- Find any extension related to Search-square.com or strange to you and click chrome-trashcan-icon to remove it.
Step4: Repair the default homepage and search engine
If your default homepage and search engine have been changed to Search-square.com, follow the guide below to reset them.
- Click on the Tools or the IE menu button (gear icon) and click Internet Options.
- Click on the General tab, check Home page field and delete Search-square.com if it is there. Then enter the address of the website that you’d like to set as the default homepage instead. Click OK to save the changes.
- Click on Tools on the menu bar or the IE menu button (gear icon) and select Manage add-ons.
- Click on Search Providers under Add-on Types. If any unwanted search engine is listed there, select it and click Remove button and then click Close. Choose a search engine you want and click Set as default to set it as the default search provider.
- Click on Tools or the Firefox menu button and select Options from the drop-down menu.
- Click on the General on the left side. Under Startup, make sure When Firefox starts: is set to Show my home page. Delete Search-square.com from the Home Page field if you see it there. Then enter the address of your preferred website.
- Click on Search on the left side. Under Default Search Engines section, select the one you’d like to set as the default search engine by clicking on the arrow icon.
- Under One-click search engines section, select the search engine you you don’t want and click on Removebutton. Close the page and the changes will be saved.
- Click on Chrome menu button and select Settings.
- Under On startup, select Open a specific page or set of pages and click the Set pages. Delete Search-square.com and enter the URL of your preferred page in the blank field and click on OK to save the changes.
- Scroll down to the Appearance section, click on the Change link. If any unwanted URL is displayed there, please delete it by clicking on the “X” button. Then type the address of the website you’d like in the editable field and click on OK button.
- Scroll down to the Search section, click on the arrow button and select the search engine that you want. It will become you default search engine.
- To delete the unwanted search engine, click on Manage search engines… link. Delete the search engine you want to remove by clicking on the “X” icon. Click on OK button to save the changes.
Step5: Delete Search-square.com from browser shortcuts
The browser hijacker may add an argument like Search-square.com to your browser shortcuts.In this way, the site can open automatically every time you start the browser. To fix the issue, you need to delete the annoying argument from the browser shortcuts as below:
- Locate to your IE/Chrome/Firefox shortcut icon on the desktop, right click on it and select Properties.
- Check the shortcut path and make sure there are no extra characters like the URL of the browser hijacker behind the target path (e.g. “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe”.) If any harmful content is found, please delete it and then click on OK to save the changes.
Mentioned below are 3 steps to avoid malware while browsing the Web:
1.Do not be lazy to update your antivirus software. If antivirus software is not updated, then you are leaving your computer open for all kinds of malicious attacks from the minute of expiration of the software.
2.Do not click on the phishing mails, which shows that you have won something or saying that your account is at risk, which generally creates a sense of urgency. A Phishing mail usually asks for information’s such as usernames, passwords and credit card details by masquerading as a trustworthy entity. No banks or trusted organizations will ask their users to do that.
3.Do not forget to delete system’s cache, passwords or history. Easiest place for a malware like software to hide in the system generally tends to be in the temporary folders where browser cache, passwords or history is stored. If one fails to check this, then the possibility of identity theft and stealing of bank and email information’s are inevitable. If possible try to reset your browser frequently.