What is CoinCube Miner?
CoinCube Miner is a kind of browser redirect virus/ browser hijacker which can do harm to computer system. Users should be careful of it because this class of virus can not be detected by computer protection tools as other viruses. Although it is classified as a browser hijacker, but most antivirus program do not regard it as a computer threat but a legitimate site. Because it always covers itself with some regular files. Usually, it is an information collected tool that attack uses in order to record user’s private data for malicious purpose. First, hackers implant this virus into browsing applications and infect user’s computer when it is downloaded and installed on computer. Once its infection has wildly spread, it can cause a lot of unexpected problems as annoying pop ups and forcible download.
You may have no idea when and how does this browser redirect virus get into your computer for it is capable to sneak into the target computer secretly without asking any permission. It is delivered through internet resources which can be found every where. Most of time, cyber criminals implant this infection into freeware that you can download from unknown web pages. Apart from suspicious freeware, clicking malicious links and opening infected email attachments will also give an opportunity to browser redirect virus to invade your computer. What is more, this infection is able to attack your computer via infected USB device and system files. This infection will block your antivirus program under the evil purpose of preventing itself from being detected and removed. Besides blocking antivirus program, it disables Windows Firewall and Windows Defender to break down system security, as a result, a large number of threats and infections can easily enter your computer by taking use of system vulnerability. Moreove
r, your private information as browser history, online banking detail and recent online transaction can be recorded and sent to remote hackers while cyber hackers may use this virus as a spy item to keep an eye on your browser activities.
The Risks of Browser Hijacker and Redirect Virus
Users may have long held strong views but didn’t always have the medium in which to express them, ave for venting to friends or telling all their problems to the computer experts for help. Users tend to face more risks, such as fake search results, redirection and pop up ads, when they are browsing the web or searching keywords. Everyone gets their own cause about how do they let such browser hijacker or redirect virus in, but not all of them can find the exact carrier on computer without the help of tools. So, it indicates that once users find browser hijacker or redirect virus on computer, there must be other possible threats are downloaded. The increasing prominence of web browser and the internet and the ensuing introduction of browsing security, has led to users accumulating a proliferation of accounts and passwords. For inexperienced users looking to search information by using fake browser hijacker or redirect virus, there is no doubt that the information they upload would be in risks. Similarly, even
the browser hijacker or redirect virus users are infected do not offer any search function, they still can spy on user’s activities as long as they keep hijacking the web pages. Malicious pages always need to record personal details for their developers for legal or illegal purpose. Just being able to collect and send sensitive details gives users no chance to avoid data theft once the infected computer is connecting to the internet. For those who do not realize the hijack, the browser hijacker or redirect virus will have more chances to get personal details.
The Symptoms Of CoinCube Miner
It modifies all the original settings of the browser.
Everything along with homepage will be changed and hijacked.
Makes PC be full of vulnerabilities
Can drop additional spyware or malware
Degrade PC’s overall performances at great level.
It violates your privacy and steals confidential information.
Consumes lots of memory space.
How CoinCube Miner Infiltrates into PC
Free Software Installation: CoinCube Miner mostly utilize bundling method in order to infiltrates into PC. As, these days, cyber criminals are adopting this trick at great level in order to spread their distrustful program to targeted PC by inserting the code into free programs like game, free security application, video etc.
Using shared network: On networked drive, if another computer infected with malware has write access to your computer or to the drive accessible by your PC, then in that case, threat can also came to your device.
Opening E-mail Attachment: Your system may get infected with CoinCube Miner because of reading or downloading malicious attachment of junk mails received from unknown source. So, always be caution before opening any junk mails.
Social Media : Today, social media is the mostly found reason for spreading all such malware.
Not Running Latest Updates or irregular updation: If you do not update your OS on regular basis or using noncurrent application preferably security programs, then there is great chance of getting infection like CoinCube Miner .
Clicking on Pop-up Window: Clicking on online ads encoded with malicious codes permits harmful bugs to get slips into your computer.
CoinCube Miner browser hijacker removal guide
If your computer is infected with this browser hijacker, follow the instructions below to get rid of it from the PC. Have tried many manual methods but the virus is still there Try advanced anti-malware software as mentioned below to detect and delete the threats completely.
Step1:Run SpyHunter to find and delete CoinCube Miner
Step2:Uninstall potentially unwanted programs via Control Panel
Step3:Remove suspicious add-ons/extensions from browsers
Step4:Repair the default homepage and search engine
Step5:Delete CoinCube Miner from browser shortcuts
Note: With the steps above, CoinCube Miner should disappear from your PC. When your computer is infected with such unwanted software and you find the regular manual methods fail to work, use SpyHunter and the problem can be fixed soon. They can find and remove CoinCube Miner completelyfrom your PC with only a few clicks.
Step1:Run SpyHunter to find and delete CoinCube Miner
SpyHunter is an anti-malware program that can detect and remove browser hijackers, adware, spyware and other malware completely. It provides you free malware detection. Follow the steps below to delete the infections within your system by using SpyHunter:
- Click here to download SpyHunter.
- SpyHunter starts to scan your system for malware. The scanning may take a few minutes to finish.
- Once done, all the threats on your PC will be showed in the scan results. The tool provides you with brief info and related infections of the threats. You can expand to view more details about the malware. To clear the infections, click on the Fix Threats button.
- You need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter to completely wipe out CoinCube Miner and other infections.
Step2: Uninstall potentially unwanted programs via Control Panel
Some other additional programs may come along with the browser hijacker.To free up your hard disk space and prevent from further problems, please uninstall those uninvited programs via Control Panel.
- Click on Start button and select Settings.
- Click on Systems.
- Select Apps & Features. All the installed programs will be displayed on the right
- Find any program that you don’t want, select it and click on Uninstall button
- Click on Uninstall in the pop-up to confirm the removal. Remove the unwanted programs with the given instructions completely.
- Use Windows key + X key combination to bring up the Power User Menu.
- Select Programs and Features from the menu.
- Search for the program s that may come along with CoinCube Miner browser hijacker, select them and click on Uninstall button.
- Follow the prompts to completely remove the unwanted programs.
- Click on Start button and choose Control Panel.
- Click on Uninstall a program under Programs category (View by: Category) or Programs and Features(View by: Large icons).
- Find the programs that were installed without permission, select them and click on Uninstall button one by one.
- Complete the removal by following the instructions on the screen.
- Click on Start button and select Control Panel.
- Double click on Add/Remove Programs.
- Select any program unfamiliar to you that was installed recently, click on Remove button.
- Follow the instructions to complete the uninstallation.
Note: If the programs can’t be removed from Control Panel as usual, you may consider using an advanced malware removal tool to uninstall them thoroughly. For the sake of your PC, it’s not suggested that you leave these unexpected programs on the PC.
Step3:Remove suspicious add-ons/extensions from browsers
Sometimes CoinCube Miner browser hijacker may be caused by certain browser extensions/add-ons. Follow the guide below to disable or remove the harmful add-ons/extensions.
- Click on Tools or the IE menu (gear icon) button, and then click Manage Add-ons from the menu.
- Click on Toolbars and Extensions under Add-on Types.
- Remove any add-on that is unfamiliar to you by selecting it and clicking on the Remove button.
- Click on Tools on the menu bar or the Mozilla Firefox menu button and then select Add-ons.
- In the Add-ons Manager page, click on Extensions on the left side.
- Find any unwanted add-on and remove it by clicking on Remove button next to it.
- Click on the Chrome menu button in the top right corner of the browser and then select More Tools ->Extensions.
- Find any extension related to CoinCube Miner or strange to you and click chrome-trashcan-icon to remove it.
Step4: Repair the default homepage and search engine
If your default homepage and search engine have been changed to CoinCube Miner, follow the guide below to reset them.
- Click on the Tools or the IE menu button (gear icon) and click Internet Options.
- Click on the General tab, check Home page field and delete CoinCube Miner if it is there. Then enter the address of the website that you’d like to set as the default homepage instead. Click OK to save the changes.
- Click on Tools on the menu bar or the IE menu button (gear icon) and select Manage add-ons.
- Click on Search Providers under Add-on Types. If any unwanted search engine is listed there, select it and click Remove button and then click Close. Choose a search engine you want and click Set as default to set it as the default search provider.
- Click on Tools or the Firefox menu button and select Options from the drop-down menu.
- Click on the General on the left side. Under Startup, make sure When Firefox starts: is set to Show my home page. Delete CoinCube Miner from the Home Page field if you see it there. Then enter the address of your preferred website.
- Click on Search on the left side. Under Default Search Engines section, select the one you’d like to set as the default search engine by clicking on the arrow icon.
- Under One-click search engines section, select the search engine you you don’t want and click on Removebutton. Close the page and the changes will be saved.
- Click on Chrome menu button and select Settings.
- Under On startup, select Open a specific page or set of pages and click the Set pages. Delete CoinCube Miner and enter the URL of your preferred page in the blank field and click on OK to save the changes.
- Scroll down to the Appearance section, click on the Change link. If any unwanted URL is displayed there, please delete it by clicking on the “X” button. Then type the address of the website you’d like in the editable field and click on OK button.
- Scroll down to the Search section, click on the arrow button and select the search engine that you want. It will become you default search engine.
- To delete the unwanted search engine, click on Manage search engines… link. Delete the search engine you want to remove by clicking on the “X” icon. Click on OK button to save the changes.
Step5: Delete CoinCube Miner from browser shortcuts
The browser hijacker may add an argument like CoinCube Miner to your browser shortcuts.In this way, the site can open automatically every time you start the browser. To fix the issue, you need to delete the annoying argument from the browser shortcuts as below:
- Locate to your IE/Chrome/Firefox shortcut icon on the desktop, right click on it and select Properties.
- Check the shortcut path and make sure there are no extra characters like the URL of the browser hijacker behind the target path (e.g. “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe”.) If any harmful content is found, please delete it and then click on OK to save the changes.
How to prevent Trojan horse infection?
Trojan horses are hidden programs and threat to your computer once they get executed. They give control of your computer to a computer hacker. I would advise to follow 7 steps in order to prevent infection of Trojan horse on your computer:
1.Do not execute any program in your computer unless you believe it is from a trusted source.
2.Never open emails from unknown senders especially having attachments with the extensions .exe, .vbs.
3.Regularly update the anti-virus, anti-spyware on your computer on regular basis.
4.Regularly install the latest patches available of your Operating System.
5.Scan CDs, DVDs, pen drives or any external storage device for virus using anti virus software before using it.
6.Do not accept programs sent out from Instant Messaging applications.
7.When you download any program from Internet websites always scan them first before you use.