What is Search.searchtheweb.today?
Search.searchtheweb.today is categorized as a dangerous browser hijacker virus which is associated with the browser plugin that you may have been offered to install on your system in order to improve your search functionality. The browser plugin linked to this domain may have landed on your computer along with some cost-free programs. Although, Search.searchtheweb.today threat may claim to improve your Internet browsing experience by rerouting you to a custom search engine and provide some secure links to the popular services. This dubious website may have links to Yahoo, YouTube, Amazon and Facebook that may be rigged to open the transitional page ads and new tabs when you click on them.
If you observe a sudden change in your web browser default search engine and home page Search.searchtheweb.today it clear hint of malware attacks. Also, the user also find various other undesirable changes, such as changing the desktop back to the main image, the appearance of toolbars, system slowdown, web forwarding, etc. The program also works to deactivate the anti-virus and firewall on the affected computer. It also shows the annoying pop-up ads, fake coupons sophisticated banners, floating ads, etc. to generate web traffic to the website, sponsor and promote sales of cheap products. It also collects information that is useful for hackers. You will be the victim of cyber-criminals and fuck hard deposit in your account. Thus, you should delete Search.searchtheweb.today from your computer as soon as possible.
How and Why You Are Redirected to Search.searchtheweb.today
The unwanted redirections to or other websites usually are the result of the break-in of potentially unwanted program. Malware can enter a computer via legitimate download of freeware, foisting on other programs, deceptive pay-per-click ads and many other ways. As reported by some victims of this browser hijacker, their computer are infected after they download programs named Bontio or Pokki. If you try to do a little research about these two programs, you will find that both of them are notorious programs that can even modify the system file and affect the start menu.
no capacity for search services itself.
This browser hijacker could affect most of browsers such as Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox. It can replace the links in the search results so that it will lead the computer user to its page or other pages with sponsored contents instead of their intended destination. When a user clicks on a link, the request will be intercepted and the user is redirected to the page that they did not intend to visit, but the most common way for leading unwanted redirect is to embed malicious code directly into the link. The redirect virus is able to disguise their codes and create variations to escape from detection by security program, so most of antivirus software sometimes finds nothing wrong when users’ browsers work abnormally.
Problems caused by Search.searchtheweb.today:
Search.searchtheweb.today carry stacks of problem along with itself and make the PC useless. It is so powerful that it hide its code deep inside the PC and disable system security program in order to keep it safe and unobserved. Some of the problems caused because or presence of this malware are:
Distributed into the PC without the user’s knowledge.
Modifies browser’s previous settings along with its homepage and default search engine.
Keeps popping up various pop-ups, advertisements on the browser while surfing Internet.
Mislead your search result to unsafe domain.
It totally offend user’s privacy by stealing their sensitive data.
It significantly reduces the computer performances.
Can inject system registry entries or startup files.
Allows many other harmful programs to download and install into the computer
Search.searchtheweb.today browser hijacker removal guide
If your computer is infected with this browser hijacker, follow the instructions below to get rid of it from the PC. Have tried many manual methods but the virus is still there Try advanced anti-malware software as mentioned below to detect and delete the threats completely.
Step1:Run SpyHunter to find and delete Search.searchtheweb.today
Step2:Uninstall potentially unwanted programs via Control Panel
Step3:Remove suspicious add-ons/extensions from browsers
Step4:Repair the default homepage and search engine
Step5:Delete Search.searchtheweb.today from browser shortcuts
Note: With the steps above, Search.searchtheweb.today should disappear from your PC. When your computer is infected with such unwanted software and you find the regular manual methods fail to work, use SpyHunter and the problem can be fixed soon. They can find and remove Search.searchtheweb.today completelyfrom your PC with only a few clicks.
Step1:Run SpyHunter to find and delete Search.searchtheweb.today
SpyHunter is an anti-malware program that can detect and remove browser hijackers, adware, spyware and other malware completely. It provides you free malware detection. Follow the steps below to delete the infections within your system by using SpyHunter:
- Click here to download SpyHunter.
- SpyHunter starts to scan your system for malware. The scanning may take a few minutes to finish.
- Once done, all the threats on your PC will be showed in the scan results. The tool provides you with brief info and related infections of the threats. You can expand to view more details about the malware. To clear the infections, click on the Fix Threats button.
- You need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter to completely wipe out Search.searchtheweb.today and other infections.
Step2: Uninstall potentially unwanted programs via Control Panel
Some other additional programs may come along with the browser hijacker.To free up your hard disk space and prevent from further problems, please uninstall those uninvited programs via Control Panel.
- Click on Start button and select Settings.
- Click on Systems.
- Select Apps & Features. All the installed programs will be displayed on the right
- Find any program that you don’t want, select it and click on Uninstall button
- Click on Uninstall in the pop-up to confirm the removal. Remove the unwanted programs with the given instructions completely.
- Use Windows key + X key combination to bring up the Power User Menu.
- Select Programs and Features from the menu.
- Search for the program s that may come along with Search.searchtheweb.today browser hijacker, select them and click on Uninstall button.
- Follow the prompts to completely remove the unwanted programs.
- Click on Start button and choose Control Panel.
- Click on Uninstall a program under Programs category (View by: Category) or Programs and Features(View by: Large icons).
- Find the programs that were installed without permission, select them and click on Uninstall button one by one.
- Complete the removal by following the instructions on the screen.
- Click on Start button and select Control Panel.
- Double click on Add/Remove Programs.
- Select any program unfamiliar to you that was installed recently, click on Remove button.
- Follow the instructions to complete the uninstallation.
Note: If the programs can’t be removed from Control Panel as usual, you may consider using an advanced malware removal tool to uninstall them thoroughly. For the sake of your PC, it’s not suggested that you leave these unexpected programs on the PC.
Step3:Remove suspicious add-ons/extensions from browsers
Sometimes Search.searchtheweb.today browser hijacker may be caused by certain browser extensions/add-ons. Follow the guide below to disable or remove the harmful add-ons/extensions.
- Click on Tools or the IE menu (gear icon) button, and then click Manage Add-ons from the menu.
- Click on Toolbars and Extensions under Add-on Types.
- Remove any add-on that is unfamiliar to you by selecting it and clicking on the Remove button.
- Click on Tools on the menu bar or the Mozilla Firefox menu button and then select Add-ons.
- In the Add-ons Manager page, click on Extensions on the left side.
- Find any unwanted add-on and remove it by clicking on Remove button next to it.
- Click on the Chrome menu button in the top right corner of the browser and then select More Tools ->Extensions.
- Find any extension related to Search.searchtheweb.today or strange to you and click chrome-trashcan-icon to remove it.
Step4: Repair the default homepage and search engine
If your default homepage and search engine have been changed to Search.searchtheweb.today, follow the guide below to reset them.
- Click on the Tools or the IE menu button (gear icon) and click Internet Options.
- Click on the General tab, check Home page field and delete Search.searchtheweb.today if it is there. Then enter the address of the website that you’d like to set as the default homepage instead. Click OK to save the changes.
- Click on Tools on the menu bar or the IE menu button (gear icon) and select Manage add-ons.
- Click on Search Providers under Add-on Types. If any unwanted search engine is listed there, select it and click Remove button and then click Close. Choose a search engine you want and click Set as default to set it as the default search provider.
- Click on Tools or the Firefox menu button and select Options from the drop-down menu.
- Click on the General on the left side. Under Startup, make sure When Firefox starts: is set to Show my home page. Delete Search.searchtheweb.today from the Home Page field if you see it there. Then enter the address of your preferred website.
- Click on Search on the left side. Under Default Search Engines section, select the one you’d like to set as the default search engine by clicking on the arrow icon.
- Under One-click search engines section, select the search engine you you don’t want and click on Removebutton. Close the page and the changes will be saved.
- Click on Chrome menu button and select Settings.
- Under On startup, select Open a specific page or set of pages and click the Set pages. Delete Search.searchtheweb.today and enter the URL of your preferred page in the blank field and click on OK to save the changes.
- Scroll down to the Appearance section, click on the Change link. If any unwanted URL is displayed there, please delete it by clicking on the “X” button. Then type the address of the website you’d like in the editable field and click on OK button.
- Scroll down to the Search section, click on the arrow button and select the search engine that you want. It will become you default search engine.
- To delete the unwanted search engine, click on Manage search engines… link. Delete the search engine you want to remove by clicking on the “X” icon. Click on OK button to save the changes.
Step5: Delete Search.searchtheweb.today from browser shortcuts
The browser hijacker may add an argument like Search.searchtheweb.today to your browser shortcuts.In this way, the site can open automatically every time you start the browser. To fix the issue, you need to delete the annoying argument from the browser shortcuts as below:
- Locate to your IE/Chrome/Firefox shortcut icon on the desktop, right click on it and select Properties.
- Check the shortcut path and make sure there are no extra characters like the URL of the browser hijacker behind the target path (e.g. “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe”.) If any harmful content is found, please delete it and then click on OK to save the changes.
How to Protect PC Safe
Trojans are so named because they need your permission to run on your computer, either when you run the program yourself, or if you open a document or image that then runs the program. With this in mind, the first and best defense against Trojans is to never open an email attachment or run a program when you aren’t 100 percent certain of the source, which includes all files downloaded from peer-to-peer programs or websites. But this is rarely possible in today’s interconnected world, so a few more specific security measures are called for.
Always keep your software up to date. This goes doubly true for important programs like your operating system and browser. Hackers exploit known security holes in these types of programs that can help the Trojan do its work, and even if the vendor patches the holes, it won’t do you any good unless you maintain the latest version of your software. To keep your Internet connection as secure as possible, always keep a firewall up. Both software and hardware firewalls are excellent at controlling malicious Internet traffic, and can often stop Trojans from downloading to your computer in the first place.