What is Meta.7search.com?
Recently, most of the system users asked how to eliminate Meta.7search.com virus from their PC. It is mentioned by the victims that this threat added to their web browser when they installed some freeware applications or programs downloaded over the Internet. As you see, this is the typical way that how this browser hijacker virus is generally installed on your machine. Once inside, it modifies your web browser settings and windows registry entries without your notification. You will find it very irritating. Everytime, you go to your favorite sites or search something on default search engine, it always redirects you its malicious website.
Meta.7search.com can attack your computer system through bundled freeware programs, network file sharing, suspicious websites and other dubious tricks. This nasty threat is able to attack all famous web browsers including Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and many other. This nasty redirect virus will also inject its codes to the registry editor of your computer. Once installed on your machine, it will get a very tough task to delete Meta.7search.com from your system. It can also track your online habits and web browsing history to gather your private information. It can collect your personal and financial details without your permission. It can also share those details with remote hackers and risk your privacy. It is advised to take immediate steps to completely remove Meta.7search.com from your computer system.
Browser hijacker also has the ability to monitor your browsing activities and collect some relevant information like IP address, search queries, pages viewed, etc. According to your browsing habits, it can serve you related advertisements that you are more likely to click on. Please note that most advertisements generated by Meta.7search.com are spurious. Clicking any of them may redirect you to visit phishing sites that designed to look like legitimate sites. In reality it is dangerous to visit since your private data like email address, password or credit card number may be stolen. Be cautious! As mentioned before, the main goal of malware is to drive users to visit particular sites, download viruses or other malware on your computer in order to mess up the system, gather your personal information and sell to someone else.
Source from this site
How Much Do You Know About Phishing Site?
Do you know that anyone can set up a website through the Internet without any permission? So you should be vigilant when browsing the web. Do you know that how hackers or cyber criminals get you to visit phishing sites and filch your sensitive data for illegal activities? In addition to the pop-up advertisements that may redirect you to phishing site, in reality the main way to achieve their dirty means is via email including spam emails and email attachments.?Hackers send you email, appearing?to come from your bank that tempt you to log in your bank account and password.?To stay safe, you are against clicking a link in an e-mail to access your bank account or any other service that is important to you.?In general, any legitimate bank & service provider will never ask for your bank account or password details through email or online messaging without any indication.?If you receive such email or message, leave it alone or delete it immediately. If you really want to click, please check the information firs
t.? In the second place, keep your antivirus software up-to-date, so that your browser won’t be easily hijacked and you are not redirected to the phishing site that designed by hackers.
Avoid Getting Malware – How To?Do?
Most of the time, people understand the risks of infecting malware but they may not know how to protect themselves as a malware attack can happen in so many ways. Now let me show you how to protect yourself and avoid unnecessary issues. Malware can enter the target computer through all sorts of ways, such as freeware, bundled package, P2P file-sharing, spam emails, torrent files, pop-up ads, etc. However,?the most popular way is bundled with freeware installation. To avoid installing malware like Meta.7search.com, you should download any software only from its official site or other reputable sites and pay more attention to the software installation process. You should always finish the software installation with Advanced or Custom installation and make sure you won’t check any additional programs recommended to you. Never hurry to click Next or Accept button without reading the License Agreement carefully. In most cases, special offers are usually potentially unwanted programs that you don’t want to install. Many users
often complain that some unknown programs are installed on their computers without any signs when they ?finished the freeware installation.?Therefore, be extremely careful when installing free software. If you want to know about how malware attacks in detail, this page will show you more.
Do you still hesitate to remove Meta.7search.com browser hijacker? There is?a user whose computer gets infected by Meta.7search.com virus and is?searching for help online. Now, let’s have a look how the victim?states?the symptom after infecting the threat.?The virus hijacks the Chrome homepage every time he launches the browser.?He can’t get rid of the annoying website and stop being redirected.?What’s worse, the infection might have stolen his personal information and?obtained the privacy.
Are you?afraid? To avoid privacy disclosure and identity theft, it’s time to get rid of the browser hijacker from the infected computer. Without removing it timely, more problems will be caused by the infection in the future. Can you withstand further damage?
To let you know about the characteristic of the threat in detail , you can have a look at the following table.
Overview of Meta.7search.com
|Threat type||Browser hijacker|
|Spreading route||?Freeware installation, P2P file-sharing, Torrent file, spam email, bundled package, pop-up advertisements, etc|
|Quick solution||Run a Real-Time Malware Remover to quickly and completely remove Meta.7search.com!|
|Note: The Malware Remover can quickly detect and remove the latest malware like spyware, adware, browser hijacker, Trojans, rootkits, keyloggers within just a few minutes. With its?advanced and sophisticated algorithm, the top malware removal tool can effectively block any malicious programs that try to attack your PC.|
Causes Of Meta.7search.com
Through pirated software or shareware
Via Spam mails and attachments
By redirecting towards malicious site
When user click on unauthorized pop ups or alerts
By adding its malicious code in legitimate Windows file automatically
Offering free scans to entire system etc
Problem Occurs By Meta.7search.com
Cyber attackers can easily access your computer through remote server
Fake pop-up ads will be delivered on your webpage
Opens a backdoor entry for other harmful threats
Modification in browser default setting
Steal your confidential data like password, bank account number, credit card number
Added some Infected extensions into the browser
Decreases the computer performance
Redirected on some illegal websites
Browser default homepage will be changed
Breaks the firewaall and antivirus security.
How to Remove Meta.7search.com from Computer?
Please follow our professional removal steps to quickly get rid of Meta.7search.com. You should know that browser hijacker should be removed from the infected computer as soon as possible in order to prevent further damage created by it. You can choose the manual removal method provided below or use an automatic anti-malware removal tool to eliminate Meta.7search.com and all its malicious files and registry entries.
Free download Meta.7search.com Automatic Removal Tool (Strongly Recommended)
Manual Removal Steps – Only suitable for experienced PC users
Step1: Remove Meta.7search.com from Chrome/Firefox/IE
Remove Meta.7search.com from Chrome
- Click the menu button at the top right corner of Chrome and then choose Settings from the drop down menu.
- In the Settings window, click “Set pages” link of “On startup”.
- Delete Meta.7search.com homepage link “http://Meta.7search.com/” by clicking X icon at the end and then click OK button.
- Return to the Settings window, click “Change” link of “Appearance”.
- Delete the unwanted homepage link “http://Meta.7search.com/ and then click OK button.
- Now, scrolling down, click “Manage search engines” button.
- First, select Google or another preferable one as your default search engine by clicking Make default button. Then remove the unwanted search engine Meta.7search.com by clicking X icon at the end. After finishing the operation, click Done button.
Remove Meta.7search.com from Firefox
- Click the menu button at the top right corner of Firefox and then click Options.
- In the Options window, delete Meta.7search.com homepage link “http://www.Meta.7search.com/”. Then you can type a preferable page as your new homepage or click “Restore to Default” button.
- Now switch to click Search tab on the left, search for the unwanted search engine Meta.7search.com and then click Remove button to delete it.
Remove Meta.7search.com from IE
- Click the gear icon at the upper right corner of Internet Explorer and then select Internet optionsfrom the drop down menu. (For Windows 8 user)
Note: For Windows 7, Vista, or XP user, click Tools menu and then choose Internet Options from the drop down menu.
- In the Internet options window, delete Meta.7search.com homepage link http://Meta.7search.com/….Then you can type another desired web address as your new homepage or click Use new tab. After that, click Apply → OK button.
- Open your Internet Explorer again, click the gear icon at the upper right corner and then select Manage add-ons from the drop down menu. (For Windows 8 user)
Note: For Windows 7, Vista, or XP user, click Tools menu and then choose Manage add-ons from the drop down menu.
- In the Manage add-ons window, click Search Providers on the left. Choose Bing or other preferable one as your default search provider by clicking Set as default button. Then click Remove button to delete Meta.7search.com.
Attention: If you can’t successfully remove Meta.7search.com in this step, you are highly recommended to get rid of this fake search provider with the help of an automatic and professional malware removal tool.
Step2: Fix your Chrome/Firefox/IE shortcut target.
For Chrome user
- Right-click your Chrome shortcut on your Desktop and then selectProperties from the drop down menu.
- In the Properties window, delete all the malicious components behind …\Application\chrome.exe. And then click Apply → OK button
For Firefox user
- Right-click your Firefox shortcut on your Desktop and then select Properties from the list.
- In the Properties window, delete all the harmful components behind …\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe”. And then click Apply → OK button.
For IE user
- Right-click your IE shortcut on your Desktop and then select Properties.
- In the Properties window, delete all the unwanted components behind …\Internet Explorer\iexplorer.exe”.And then click Apply → OK button
Step3: Uninstall Meta.7search.com and any suspicious programs from Windows.
For Windows 7 user:
- Click Windows Start→Control Panel → Uninstall a program under Programs.
For Windows XP user:
- Click Windows Start → Control Panel → Add or Remove Programs.
For Windows 8 user:
- Right-click Windows Start (at the lower left corner of your screen) → Control Panel → Uninstall a programunder Programs
- Look for any suspicious programs from the currently installed programs and then click Uninstall.
Meta.7search.com Automatic Removal Tool – SpyHunter
SpyHunter is a top anti-malware/anti-spyware removal program which specially designed to assist the average computer user in protecting their PC from malicious threats. The top removal software can detect, remove and block browser hijacker, adware, spyware, rootkits, keyloggers, Trojans and more. In addition, SpyHunter responds with advanced technology to stay one step ahead of today’s malware threats and offers additional customization capabilities to ensure every user is able to custom tailor SpyHunter to fit their specific needs. Now download SpyHunter to have a full scan of your PC and run it to quickly get rid of Meta.7search.com virus as well as all potential threats.
>> Click button below to free download the top malware removal tool.
Installation procedure of SpyHunter
- Once finished downloading, double-click SpyHunter-Installer.exe on your computer.
- Click Run button.
- Choose the language you prefer and click OK button.
- Click CONTINUE button to go on.
- Now SpyHunter is installing. Please wait for a moment.
- Click FINISH button to finish SpyHunter installation.
- Launch SpyHunter to have a full scan of your PC by clicking Scan Computer Now.
- Once finished scanning, please click Fix Threats button to remove all detected threats.
Note: SpyHunter’s free version only provides free scan and detection to your PC. To get rid of Meta.7search.com and other potential threats, you need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter.
Considering the tricky browser hijacker Meta.7search.com may have modified your browser settings. Therefore, to ensure your PC is thoroughly free from the virus, you’d better reset Chrome/Firefox /IE to default setting.
Reset Google Chrome
- Click the menu button at the top right corner of Chrome and then select Settings from the drop down menu.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click “Show advanced settings”.
- Continue to scroll down to the bottom of the page and click “Reset settings”.
- When a message box pops up as shown below, click Reset button to reset Google Chrome.
- Restart your computer to take effect.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Click the menu button at the top right corner of Firefox and then click the help icon at the lower right corner.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- In the opened window, clickRefresh Firefox button.
- When a message box pops up as shown below, click Refresh Firefox button to reset Mozilla Firefox.
- Restart your PC.
Reset Internet Explorer
- Click the gear icon at the upper right corner of IE and then select Internet options from the drop down menu. (For Windows 8 user)
Note: For Windows 7, Vista, XP user, click Tool menu → Internet Options.
- In the Internet options window, click Advanced tab at the upper right corner and then click Reset button.
- After a window pops up as shown below. Check the Delete personal settings and then click Reset button.
- Then you will see a message box as shown below, click Close button.
- Restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
How to prevent Trojan horse infection?
Trojan horses are hidden programs and threat to your computer once they get executed. They give control of your computer to a computer hacker. I would advise to follow 7 steps in order to prevent infection of Trojan horse on your computer:
1.Do not execute any program in your computer unless you believe it is from a trusted source.
2.Never open emails from unknown senders especially having attachments with the extensions .exe, .vbs.
3.Regularly update the anti-virus, anti-spyware on your computer on regular basis.
4.Regularly install the latest patches available of your Operating System.
5.Scan CDs, DVDs, pen drives or any external storage device for virus using anti virus software before using it.
6.Do not accept programs sent out from Instant Messaging applications.
7.When you download any program from Internet websites always scan them first before you use.