My Internet Explorer has been hijacked by SecuryBrowse Search! It changes my browser homepage and default settings automatically and will not allow me to change it back. I hate endless pop-up ads and being redirected to unwanted websites. My antivirus program can not detect it. Who is behind this annoying program? It’s pretty difficult to remove it. Is there a way to get rid of it?
What is SecuryBrowse Search?
SecuryBrowse Search is a newly created threat that belongs to the harmful redirect virus. Usually, it infiltrates in your system secretly and take overs the default settings of your system browsers without asking any approval. This illegal redirect domain has been developed by cyber criminals. The prime intention of this threat is to earn lots of money in suspicious ways. As soon as SecuryBrowse Search is attached with your web browser, you will notice that your start page, search engine is automatically replaced with other third party websites. In ways, each time when you try to search anything by using this questionable search engine, then it generates lots of inaccurate and unsafe search results. You might notice that these affiliated search results are filled with plenty of sponsored links and malevolent contents.
On the other sides, it severely hides your system while you click on junk emails attachments and visit to malignant websites. Thus, to avoid this nasty redirect infection, you need to be very careful and don’t try to download freeware stuffs from the web. Being more specific, SecuryBrowse Search has been specifically introduced to hijacks your most common used browsers like Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox or even Safari etc. Some malicious hackers misuses this rogue domain in order to promote third party products or services and enhances traffics to other specific webpages. If SecuryBrowse Search exist in your computer for long times, you may experience numerous financial loss, identity theft, degradation of internet speed. Additionally, it is really very dangerous threat. This related threat can collect your search terms, details of IP address, cookies or other email login credentials and pass to web scammers for their malicious traits. Therefore, if you want to eradicate these bogus infections, you should take an effective measures t
o get rid of SecuryBrowse Search from the system quickly.
The Risks of Browser Hijacker
Picture that no matter which website you try to visit, there are a lot of pop up ads show up on the screen and even try to stop you from scanning website contents. That mush be annoying! As dangerous as it can be to set a browser hijacker as homepage, or we can say that it sets its page to be homepage, that type of search page will not work well with malicious purpose. For most browser hijackers, the site link would look different to users. And when we use them as a search page to browse, we would getting the same trouble.The search page is nothing, the ads and results it shows is what we should be careful about. The search results can be fake and dangerous to click. The pop up ads can be risky as they might contain potential unwanted downloads, adware, browser hijacker and other thre
ats that will be automatically downloaded once any of the pop up link, image and text is clicked.
Once browser hijackers control web browsers, they used up many system resources and the CPU will reach 100% every now and then. Web browser is a port which link computer users and the internet. This makes computer very vulnerable for hackers to hack or for threats to infect once the door between computer and hacker or threats is completely open.
What is more, when malicious third parties take the chance to attack computer, it keeps the computer system in a high stress, high CPU, which will make computer stuck. Changing your homepage to an unknown page would be terrible, according to the analysis of many detailed unknown pages. Obviously, that is not practical for most users to never download third parties or browse the web.
The Spread of Browser Hijacker
So why users keep browser hijacker on computer since it is dangerous? The issue here is that no one wants to get browser hijacker added to web browsers, most of users are forced to download it or others even do not notice the download at the beginning. Sometimes experiences put you through circumstances that show you what is the main cause of installation of browser hijackers. Focus on the one which has been recently downloaded, rather than checking all programs installed on computer. Be careful of all resources and content that can be found through the internet. For you may not know which one of them is the threat that may your computer crash down.
The most possible way to get infected by malware is that you may click on nasty links, download malicious programs, insert infected drives and open insecure email attachments. “Scam artists are using technology in increasingly insidious ways to harm innocent consumers and taxpayers,” said TDCI Deputy Commissioner Bill Giannini. And it is no doubt that we all have the experience of clicking on malicious pop up ads or links.
“ Phishing or spear-phishing attacks remain among the most common and most difficult to prevent for many organisations. The response has often been to increase the sophistication of attack detection techniques, frequently resulting in more heavily locked-down systems. This increased security has resulted in many attacks being blocked, however, even the most robust controls will not necessarily prevent a user from falling victim to a targeted phishing email. Clicking on a malicious link in a moment of distraction is far too easily done, even for the most security savvy individual.”
Problems Triggered By SecuryBrowse Search
Browser will be hijacked.
Homepage of the browser may get changed automatically without any permission.
Tons of irrelevant pop-ups and advertisements will be displayed.
Meanwhile, personal information can be stolen to cause cyber crimes.
Some strange websites may be added to the bookmark folder.
Internet connection become slow and unstable.
Utilizes high CPU resources and thereby lead to death of OS
Cruelly makes your programs non functioning and cause random system crash.
Installed security program may stop working and PC become vulnerable
SecuryBrowse Search browser hijacker removal guide
If your computer is infected with this browser hijacker, follow the instructions below to get rid of it from the PC. Have tried many manual methods but the virus is still there Try advanced anti-malware software as mentioned below to detect and delete the threats completely.
Step1:Run SpyHunter to find and delete SecuryBrowse Search
Step2:Uninstall potentially unwanted programs via Control Panel
Step3:Remove suspicious add-ons/extensions from browsers
Step4:Repair the default homepage and search engine
Step5:Delete SecuryBrowse Search from browser shortcuts
Note: With the steps above, SecuryBrowse Search should disappear from your PC. When your computer is infected with such unwanted software and you find the regular manual methods fail to work, use SpyHunter and the problem can be fixed soon. They can find and remove SecuryBrowse Search completelyfrom your PC with only a few clicks.
Step1:Run SpyHunter to find and delete SecuryBrowse Search
SpyHunter is an anti-malware program that can detect and remove browser hijackers, adware, spyware and other malware completely. It provides you free malware detection. Follow the steps below to delete the infections within your system by using SpyHunter:
- Click here to download SpyHunter.
- SpyHunter starts to scan your system for malware. The scanning may take a few minutes to finish.
- Once done, all the threats on your PC will be showed in the scan results. The tool provides you with brief info and related infections of the threats. You can expand to view more details about the malware. To clear the infections, click on the Fix Threats button.
- You need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter to completely wipe out SecuryBrowse Search and other infections.
Step2: Uninstall potentially unwanted programs via Control Panel
Some other additional programs may come along with the browser hijacker.To free up your hard disk space and prevent from further problems, please uninstall those uninvited programs via Control Panel.
- Click on Start button and select Settings.
- Click on Systems.
- Select Apps & Features. All the installed programs will be displayed on the right
- Find any program that you don’t want, select it and click on Uninstall button
- Click on Uninstall in the pop-up to confirm the removal. Remove the unwanted programs with the given instructions completely.
- Use Windows key + X key combination to bring up the Power User Menu.
- Select Programs and Features from the menu.
- Search for the program s that may come along with SecuryBrowse Search browser hijacker, select them and click on Uninstall button.
- Follow the prompts to completely remove the unwanted programs.
- Click on Start button and choose Control Panel.
- Click on Uninstall a program under Programs category (View by: Category) or Programs and Features(View by: Large icons).
- Find the programs that were installed without permission, select them and click on Uninstall button one by one.
- Complete the removal by following the instructions on the screen.
- Click on Start button and select Control Panel.
- Double click on Add/Remove Programs.
- Select any program unfamiliar to you that was installed recently, click on Remove button.
- Follow the instructions to complete the uninstallation.
Note: If the programs can’t be removed from Control Panel as usual, you may consider using an advanced malware removal tool to uninstall them thoroughly. For the sake of your PC, it’s not suggested that you leave these unexpected programs on the PC.
Step3:Remove suspicious add-ons/extensions from browsers
Sometimes SecuryBrowse Search browser hijacker may be caused by certain browser extensions/add-ons. Follow the guide below to disable or remove the harmful add-ons/extensions.
- Click on Tools or the IE menu (gear icon) button, and then click Manage Add-ons from the menu.
- Click on Toolbars and Extensions under Add-on Types.
- Remove any add-on that is unfamiliar to you by selecting it and clicking on the Remove button.
- Click on Tools on the menu bar or the Mozilla Firefox menu button and then select Add-ons.
- In the Add-ons Manager page, click on Extensions on the left side.
- Find any unwanted add-on and remove it by clicking on Remove button next to it.
- Click on the Chrome menu button in the top right corner of the browser and then select More Tools ->Extensions.
- Find any extension related to SecuryBrowse Search or strange to you and click chrome-trashcan-icon to remove it.
Step4: Repair the default homepage and search engine
If your default homepage and search engine have been changed to SecuryBrowse Search, follow the guide below to reset them.
- Click on the Tools or the IE menu button (gear icon) and click Internet Options.
- Click on the General tab, check Home page field and delete SecuryBrowse Search if it is there. Then enter the address of the website that you’d like to set as the default homepage instead. Click OK to save the changes.
- Click on Tools on the menu bar or the IE menu button (gear icon) and select Manage add-ons.
- Click on Search Providers under Add-on Types. If any unwanted search engine is listed there, select it and click Remove button and then click Close. Choose a search engine you want and click Set as default to set it as the default search provider.
- Click on Tools or the Firefox menu button and select Options from the drop-down menu.
- Click on the General on the left side. Under Startup, make sure When Firefox starts: is set to Show my home page. Delete SecuryBrowse Search from the Home Page field if you see it there. Then enter the address of your preferred website.
- Click on Search on the left side. Under Default Search Engines section, select the one you’d like to set as the default search engine by clicking on the arrow icon.
- Under One-click search engines section, select the search engine you you don’t want and click on Removebutton. Close the page and the changes will be saved.
- Click on Chrome menu button and select Settings.
- Under On startup, select Open a specific page or set of pages and click the Set pages. Delete SecuryBrowse Search and enter the URL of your preferred page in the blank field and click on OK to save the changes.
- Scroll down to the Appearance section, click on the Change link. If any unwanted URL is displayed there, please delete it by clicking on the “X” button. Then type the address of the website you’d like in the editable field and click on OK button.
- Scroll down to the Search section, click on the arrow button and select the search engine that you want. It will become you default search engine.
- To delete the unwanted search engine, click on Manage search engines… link. Delete the search engine you want to remove by clicking on the “X” icon. Click on OK button to save the changes.
Step5: Delete SecuryBrowse Search from browser shortcuts
The browser hijacker may add an argument like SecuryBrowse Search to your browser shortcuts.In this way, the site can open automatically every time you start the browser. To fix the issue, you need to delete the annoying argument from the browser shortcuts as below:
- Locate to your IE/Chrome/Firefox shortcut icon on the desktop, right click on it and select Properties.
- Check the shortcut path and make sure there are no extra characters like the URL of the browser hijacker behind the target path (e.g. “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe”.) If any harmful content is found, please delete it and then click on OK to save the changes.
How to prevent Trojan horse infection?
Trojan horses are hidden programs and threat to your computer once they get executed. They give control of your computer to a computer hacker. I would advise to follow 7 steps in order to prevent infection of Trojan horse on your computer:
1.Do not execute any program in your computer unless you believe it is from a trusted source.
2.Never open emails from unknown senders especially having attachments with the extensions .exe, .vbs.
3.Regularly update the anti-virus, anti-spyware on your computer on regular basis.
4.Regularly install the latest patches available of your Operating System.
5.Scan CDs, DVDs, pen drives or any external storage device for virus using anti virus software before using it.
6.Do not accept programs sent out from Instant Messaging applications.
7.When you download any program from Internet websites always scan them first before you use.