My laptop has been working well but since yesterday I started to get a lot of pop ups on my Firefox browser. My homepage was changed to a suspicious search engine and the url is Normour.com. I am not sure if it is a legitimate site, but whenever I try to change the browser settings, it won’t allow me to get Google back as my default homepage. I have tons of dumb pop-up ads that ask to sign up for a membership or try to sell me some suspicious looking applications. How do I get rid of them?
What is Normour.com?
Normour.com is identified as browser hijacker which pretends to be a legitimate domain. It will sneak in the system without the users consent and conducts alterations in the default settings of the browser. The interface of Normour.com will look like a search engine but in reality, it is a shady site which is created by the cyber crooks. When you will use it for searching purpose and enter any query then it will show results with the links of unauthorized sites. Hackers tries to increase the network traffic of their fake sites through illegal ways and promotes the affiliate programs. It will show lots of pop up and advertisements on the screen. It displays that some of your installed programs might be outdated and you need to download the latest version. In fact, it will also provide links to install the software. When you will click on “Next” button without reading the EULA (End Users Licensed Agreements) then several additional threats will also invade in the PC secretly. Normour.com is not a legitimate site, thus, try to remov
e it immediately from the system.
Normour.com also claims to help the users in their shopping session by enabling best discount offers. It will show attractive deals and asks the users to shop from its site to save time and money. Beware with such types of alerts because it can result extremely dangerous for your personal identity. When you will proceed to make payment from its sites then hackers can secretly record all your sensitive data by tracking your activities. They can use your personal details for illegal activities which can make you suffer from identity theft situations. Moreover, it is responsible for dropping bogus payloads in the registry editor. It helps the hijacker to execute automatically when you will start the system. You may get error messages at the time of visiting some of the legitimate or even the bookmarked sites due to unwanted changes in the settings. So, what are you waiting for, if you want to protect your PC from being useless then you should try to remove Normour.com completely after detection.
Things You Should Bear in Mind
No matter downloading or installing software, many PC users seem to perform very casually. Randomly download software from all kinds of unknown websites or other unreliable resources without considering whether the download software is regular or the rogue one. Most of them do that just for convenience. It is not a safe way to download software especially freeware. Why I say that? Please carefully read the following content. Computer experts have confirmed that malware like Trustedsurf.com is mainly spread through freeware download, malicious websites, torrent files, spam emails, suspicious links, pop ups etc. However, bundling with freeware download is the most common way to spread malicious programs. Oftentimes, the developer of freeware deliberately packs ad-supported programs, spyware and browser hijackers into free software. Do you know what software you install exactly? Actually there is a good way to check whether the chosen software carry other additional programs or not. Select Advanced or Custom ins
tallation instead of Default or Express installation when installing free software. Unwanted or malicious programs like Trustedsurf.com prefer to conceal within Advanced and Custom installation. Choose the two options will help you avoid installing additional and malicious programs on computer. Don’t be fooled by the so-called useful features promised by the extra or optional apps during the installation process. If you want to keep away from malware, please always opt for Advanced or Custom installation and uncheck unknown apps when you install freeware or any other software.
Visible symptoms of Normour.com:
Normour.com is very harmful threat which is design to hijack browser settings, homepage settings, DNS settings.
It can popup lots of ads to user browser and try to redirect you to different webpage without providing any knowledge.
After successful installation it try to modify your system settings by injecting malicious program into system files due to that system performance may fail.
It can consume lots of CPU storage due to this reason operating system performance ca slow down.
It can slow down internet connection by popping lots of ads to your web browser.
It can make loop hole to other malware so that these malware can control all your system function.
It can add additional files to your system files that’s why minimal storage problem may arises.
Because of these reason your system may crash.
Normour.com browser hijacker removal guide
If your computer is infected with this browser hijacker, follow the instructions below to get rid of it from the PC. Have tried many manual methods but the virus is still there Try advanced anti-malware software as mentioned below to detect and delete the threats completely.
Step1:Run SpyHunter to find and delete Normour.com
Step2:Uninstall potentially unwanted programs via Control Panel
Step3:Remove suspicious add-ons/extensions from browsers
Step4:Repair the default homepage and search engine
Step5:Delete Normour.com from browser shortcuts
Note: With the steps above, Normour.com should disappear from your PC. When your computer is infected with such unwanted software and you find the regular manual methods fail to work, use SpyHunter and the problem can be fixed soon. They can find and remove Normour.com completelyfrom your PC with only a few clicks.
Step1:Run SpyHunter to find and delete Normour.com
SpyHunter is an anti-malware program that can detect and remove browser hijackers, adware, spyware and other malware completely. It provides you free malware detection. Follow the steps below to delete the infections within your system by using SpyHunter:
- Click here to download SpyHunter.
- SpyHunter starts to scan your system for malware. The scanning may take a few minutes to finish.
- Once done, all the threats on your PC will be showed in the scan results. The tool provides you with brief info and related infections of the threats. You can expand to view more details about the malware. To clear the infections, click on the Fix Threats button.
- You need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter to completely wipe out Normour.com and other infections.
Step2: Uninstall potentially unwanted programs via Control Panel
Some other additional programs may come along with the browser hijacker.To free up your hard disk space and prevent from further problems, please uninstall those uninvited programs via Control Panel.
- Click on Start button and select Settings.
- Click on Systems.
- Select Apps & Features. All the installed programs will be displayed on the right
- Find any program that you don’t want, select it and click on Uninstall button
- Click on Uninstall in the pop-up to confirm the removal. Remove the unwanted programs with the given instructions completely.
- Use Windows key + X key combination to bring up the Power User Menu.
- Select Programs and Features from the menu.
- Search for the program s that may come along with Normour.com browser hijacker, select them and click on Uninstall button.
- Follow the prompts to completely remove the unwanted programs.
- Click on Start button and choose Control Panel.
- Click on Uninstall a program under Programs category (View by: Category) or Programs and Features(View by: Large icons).
- Find the programs that were installed without permission, select them and click on Uninstall button one by one.
- Complete the removal by following the instructions on the screen.
- Click on Start button and select Control Panel.
- Double click on Add/Remove Programs.
- Select any program unfamiliar to you that was installed recently, click on Remove button.
- Follow the instructions to complete the uninstallation.
Note: If the programs can’t be removed from Control Panel as usual, you may consider using an advanced malware removal tool to uninstall them thoroughly. For the sake of your PC, it’s not suggested that you leave these unexpected programs on the PC.
Step3:Remove suspicious add-ons/extensions from browsers
Sometimes Normour.com browser hijacker may be caused by certain browser extensions/add-ons. Follow the guide below to disable or remove the harmful add-ons/extensions.
- Click on Tools or the IE menu (gear icon) button, and then click Manage Add-ons from the menu.
- Click on Toolbars and Extensions under Add-on Types.
- Remove any add-on that is unfamiliar to you by selecting it and clicking on the Remove button.
- Click on Tools on the menu bar or the Mozilla Firefox menu button and then select Add-ons.
- In the Add-ons Manager page, click on Extensions on the left side.
- Find any unwanted add-on and remove it by clicking on Remove button next to it.
- Click on the Chrome menu button in the top right corner of the browser and then select More Tools ->Extensions.
- Find any extension related to Normour.com or strange to you and click chrome-trashcan-icon to remove it.
Step4: Repair the default homepage and search engine
If your default homepage and search engine have been changed to Normour.com, follow the guide below to reset them.
- Click on the Tools or the IE menu button (gear icon) and click Internet Options.
- Click on the General tab, check Home page field and delete Normour.com if it is there. Then enter the address of the website that you’d like to set as the default homepage instead. Click OK to save the changes.
- Click on Tools on the menu bar or the IE menu button (gear icon) and select Manage add-ons.
- Click on Search Providers under Add-on Types. If any unwanted search engine is listed there, select it and click Remove button and then click Close. Choose a search engine you want and click Set as default to set it as the default search provider.
- Click on Tools or the Firefox menu button and select Options from the drop-down menu.
- Click on the General on the left side. Under Startup, make sure When Firefox starts: is set to Show my home page. Delete Normour.com from the Home Page field if you see it there. Then enter the address of your preferred website.
- Click on Search on the left side. Under Default Search Engines section, select the one you’d like to set as the default search engine by clicking on the arrow icon.
- Under One-click search engines section, select the search engine you you don’t want and click on Removebutton. Close the page and the changes will be saved.
- Click on Chrome menu button and select Settings.
- Under On startup, select Open a specific page or set of pages and click the Set pages. Delete Normour.com and enter the URL of your preferred page in the blank field and click on OK to save the changes.
- Scroll down to the Appearance section, click on the Change link. If any unwanted URL is displayed there, please delete it by clicking on the “X” button. Then type the address of the website you’d like in the editable field and click on OK button.
- Scroll down to the Search section, click on the arrow button and select the search engine that you want. It will become you default search engine.
- To delete the unwanted search engine, click on Manage search engines… link. Delete the search engine you want to remove by clicking on the “X” icon. Click on OK button to save the changes.
Step5: Delete Normour.com from browser shortcuts
The browser hijacker may add an argument like Normour.com to your browser shortcuts.In this way, the site can open automatically every time you start the browser. To fix the issue, you need to delete the annoying argument from the browser shortcuts as below:
- Locate to your IE/Chrome/Firefox shortcut icon on the desktop, right click on it and select Properties.
- Check the shortcut path and make sure there are no extra characters like the URL of the browser hijacker behind the target path (e.g. “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe”.) If any harmful content is found, please delete it and then click on OK to save the changes.
Mentioned below are 3 steps to avoid malware while browsing the Web:
1.Don’t use a single password and PIN everywhere. No one uses same key for house, car, office, briefcase and deposit box. Generally, most of the people use different keys. Suppose one uses the same PIN everywhere, then an opportunity is being created for a thief to unlock every door.
2.Do not login (into) third party applications that ask for email logins. Third party applications are programs written to work within operating systems, but are written by individuals or companies other than the providers of the operating system.
3.Do not click on pop-ups that appear while browsing the web. Those pop-ups may contain malware which can be automatically downloaded to the PC. Pop-up ads are a form of advertising intended to attract web traffic or capture email addresses.