Hey, there. Why was I keeping being redirected to Tuniaf.com while I was on my browser Internet Explorer these days? I cleared my history and website data. But nothing was changed after that. I was still redirected to its domain. I remembered I just clicked on a Walmart coupon while I was browsing. Later after that my computer worked more and more slowly and weirdly. I did a reach online and found that Tuniaf.com is known as a browser hijacker virus. What should I do now? Can antivirus application help remove this virus completely? Please help!
What is Tuniaf.com?
Tuniaf.com is a browser hijacker which is mostly used by the third party hackers for promotional purpose. It can secretly hijack your PC and perform unwanted changes in the early phase even without your knowledge. Tuniaf.com will show an alert i.e. “Oudated Chrome detected”. It says that you can download the latest version of the browser to have to best surfing experience. You must know that it is just a trick of the hackers to increase the sales leads of their affiliate programs and drive more traffic on Tuniaf.com through illegal ways. Hence, you should try to get rid of Tuniaf.com immediately after detection.
When you will click on the install button provided by Tuniaf.com without reading the EULA (End Users Licensed Agreements) then several additional threats will also penetrate in the PC. You will find bogus extensions in your web browser which will always mislead you to suspicious pages. In its presence, you will not be able to visit any of your favorite sites due to floods of fake warning alerts. It is also possible that it will drop fake payloads in the registry editor in order to execute automatically in the PC. The running speed of the system will become extremely sluggish and the installed programs will not respond properly. Thus, it is strongly recommended to the users to remove Tuniaf.com permanently to avoid the troubles of future.
Why we do not use unknown search engine?
While many computer users have been made aware of the search engine risks, users may sometimes tend to ignore it during browsing. As always, most users do not pay more attention to the search engine which we may use everyday. Some insecure search engines will take chance to collect user’s personal details. Unfortunately, many users just do not care this seriously, it seems as though letting out some browsing details is not dangerous. In fact, once users learn how vulnerable computer could be targeted through everyday activities including emails, web browsing and text massages, they might realize the importance of using search engine. The issue is when we judge a search engine on whether it is the type of dangerous or not, we just can not get answer on surface level appearance and visible traits. But when we use it for searching, it is the results we get from it which dictates whether or not it is risky. Once a strange search engine gets added to browsers by attaching to third parties. Most of time, this kind
of strange search engine will be categorized as browser hijacker or redirect virus. Users might notice the conscious changes such search engine has caused, but there are so many unconscious changes that users are probably unaware of. It becomes dangerous when these unconscious changes stop computer from getting safe search results. If you think you are a victim of this, it is important to concentrate on getting rid of such search site or search engine.
Where can this Tuniaf.com come from?
Tuniaf.com is a tricky threat which never comes directly into the PC because it knows that users will not install it. It comes bundled with some other malware program. Downloading software from some unknown website will also download some other rogue and Tuniaf.com is one of them. Apart form that clicking on ads, pop-ups, gift coupons, banners and fake security message can give a chance to this virus for invading your PC. In addition, opening spam email attachments is also a common source of coming tis virus in the system. Moreover, frequently visiting adult or hacked site is also a source of this virus because these kinds of threat generally hide inside these site and when you visit the site then they can invade your PC. So users are recommended to remove Tuniaf.com completely from their PC.
Harmful properties of Tuniaf.com
It is able to take control on your default browser and commonly used browsers
It will change your homepage and you are not able to rest it
It will redirect your search towards some third party and unsafe website
It can bring some additional virus and malware
It compromises with your system security and violates your privacy
Tuniaf.com browser hijacker removal guide
If your computer is infected with this browser hijacker, follow the instructions below to get rid of it from the PC. Have tried many manual methods but the virus is still there Try advanced anti-malware software as mentioned below to detect and delete the threats completely.
Step1:Run SpyHunter to find and delete Tuniaf.com
Step2:Uninstall potentially unwanted programs via Control Panel
Step3:Remove suspicious add-ons/extensions from browsers
Step4:Repair the default homepage and search engine
Step5:Delete Tuniaf.com from browser shortcuts
Note: With the steps above, Tuniaf.com should disappear from your PC. When your computer is infected with such unwanted software and you find the regular manual methods fail to work, use SpyHunter and the problem can be fixed soon. They can find and remove Tuniaf.com completelyfrom your PC with only a few clicks.
Step1:Run SpyHunter to find and delete Tuniaf.com
SpyHunter is an anti-malware program that can detect and remove browser hijackers, adware, spyware and other malware completely. It provides you free malware detection. Follow the steps below to delete the infections within your system by using SpyHunter:
- Click here to download SpyHunter.
- SpyHunter starts to scan your system for malware. The scanning may take a few minutes to finish.
- Once done, all the threats on your PC will be showed in the scan results. The tool provides you with brief info and related infections of the threats. You can expand to view more details about the malware. To clear the infections, click on the Fix Threats button.
- You need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter to completely wipe out Tuniaf.com and other infections.
Step2: Uninstall potentially unwanted programs via Control Panel
Some other additional programs may come along with the browser hijacker.To free up your hard disk space and prevent from further problems, please uninstall those uninvited programs via Control Panel.
- Click on Start button and select Settings.
- Click on Systems.
- Select Apps & Features. All the installed programs will be displayed on the right
- Find any program that you don’t want, select it and click on Uninstall button
- Click on Uninstall in the pop-up to confirm the removal. Remove the unwanted programs with the given instructions completely.
- Use Windows key + X key combination to bring up the Power User Menu.
- Select Programs and Features from the menu.
- Search for the program s that may come along with Tuniaf.com browser hijacker, select them and click on Uninstall button.
- Follow the prompts to completely remove the unwanted programs.
- Click on Start button and choose Control Panel.
- Click on Uninstall a program under Programs category (View by: Category) or Programs and Features(View by: Large icons).
- Find the programs that were installed without permission, select them and click on Uninstall button one by one.
- Complete the removal by following the instructions on the screen.
- Click on Start button and select Control Panel.
- Double click on Add/Remove Programs.
- Select any program unfamiliar to you that was installed recently, click on Remove button.
- Follow the instructions to complete the uninstallation.
Note: If the programs can’t be removed from Control Panel as usual, you may consider using an advanced malware removal tool to uninstall them thoroughly. For the sake of your PC, it’s not suggested that you leave these unexpected programs on the PC.
Step3:Remove suspicious add-ons/extensions from browsers
Sometimes Tuniaf.com browser hijacker may be caused by certain browser extensions/add-ons. Follow the guide below to disable or remove the harmful add-ons/extensions.
- Click on Tools or the IE menu (gear icon) button, and then click Manage Add-ons from the menu.
- Click on Toolbars and Extensions under Add-on Types.
- Remove any add-on that is unfamiliar to you by selecting it and clicking on the Remove button.
- Click on Tools on the menu bar or the Mozilla Firefox menu button and then select Add-ons.
- In the Add-ons Manager page, click on Extensions on the left side.
- Find any unwanted add-on and remove it by clicking on Remove button next to it.
- Click on the Chrome menu button in the top right corner of the browser and then select More Tools ->Extensions.
- Find any extension related to Tuniaf.com or strange to you and click chrome-trashcan-icon to remove it.
Step4: Repair the default homepage and search engine
If your default homepage and search engine have been changed to Tuniaf.com, follow the guide below to reset them.
- Click on the Tools or the IE menu button (gear icon) and click Internet Options.
- Click on the General tab, check Home page field and delete Tuniaf.com if it is there. Then enter the address of the website that you’d like to set as the default homepage instead. Click OK to save the changes.
- Click on Tools on the menu bar or the IE menu button (gear icon) and select Manage add-ons.
- Click on Search Providers under Add-on Types. If any unwanted search engine is listed there, select it and click Remove button and then click Close. Choose a search engine you want and click Set as default to set it as the default search provider.
- Click on Tools or the Firefox menu button and select Options from the drop-down menu.
- Click on the General on the left side. Under Startup, make sure When Firefox starts: is set to Show my home page. Delete Tuniaf.com from the Home Page field if you see it there. Then enter the address of your preferred website.
- Click on Search on the left side. Under Default Search Engines section, select the one you’d like to set as the default search engine by clicking on the arrow icon.
- Under One-click search engines section, select the search engine you you don’t want and click on Removebutton. Close the page and the changes will be saved.
- Click on Chrome menu button and select Settings.
- Under On startup, select Open a specific page or set of pages and click the Set pages. Delete Tuniaf.com and enter the URL of your preferred page in the blank field and click on OK to save the changes.
- Scroll down to the Appearance section, click on the Change link. If any unwanted URL is displayed there, please delete it by clicking on the “X” button. Then type the address of the website you’d like in the editable field and click on OK button.
- Scroll down to the Search section, click on the arrow button and select the search engine that you want. It will become you default search engine.
- To delete the unwanted search engine, click on Manage search engines… link. Delete the search engine you want to remove by clicking on the “X” icon. Click on OK button to save the changes.
Step5: Delete Tuniaf.com from browser shortcuts
The browser hijacker may add an argument like Tuniaf.com to your browser shortcuts.In this way, the site can open automatically every time you start the browser. To fix the issue, you need to delete the annoying argument from the browser shortcuts as below:
- Locate to your IE/Chrome/Firefox shortcut icon on the desktop, right click on it and select Properties.
- Check the shortcut path and make sure there are no extra characters like the URL of the browser hijacker behind the target path (e.g. “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe”.) If any harmful content is found, please delete it and then click on OK to save the changes.
How to Protect PC Safe
There are a few basic rules that computer users should follow to short-circuit viruses. The best known bit of advice is this: Never open any attachment unless you know who it’s from and why they are sending it. Refusing to open unsolicited e-mail of any kind is the only sure-fire way to sidestep all forms of trouble.
Anti-virus software is crucial to preventing virus attacks, but this strategy only works if users update their software.Unfortunately, ‘keeping it current’ means updating it weekly, at least but most products today allow one to automate this process, but file downloads can be large and slow.
Factors to consider when buying an anti-virus package include cost, quality of tech support, how frequently the package self-updates and the platforms supported by the program.
Common sense is another good weapon in the fight against viruses. Be wary of opening any email attachments, even from your firends , especially if it has been forwarded to them.Set up your anti-virus product so that it automatically scans incoming e-mail and avoiding e-mail software that allows automatic launching of attachments.
If all of this sounds like a lot of work, it is. There is always a tradeoff between ease of use and security but the extra time you spend updating your anti-virus software now will save you hours of time and buckets of frustration later.If you don’t keep it updated, you might was well be completely unprotected.