What is Websearch.coolwebsearch.info?
Websearch.coolwebsearch.info is a browser hijacker and is classified as redirect virus. This nasty domain soon affect your web browsers such as Firefox, Chrome and Opera. The browser hijacker has the ability to block your access to certain websites including your bookmarks or favorite sites while you are working on-net. However, if once it gets installed in your PC then it causes various troubles such as it modifies your browser settings as well as system settings and redirect online PC users to bogus websites. What more, if you open new tab several unwanted ads appears on your browser and a casual click also redirect you to risky websites.
Websearch.coolwebsearch.info included itself at the extensions of the compromised browsers which why after opening a newer tab there will be only ad supported stuff come. Even though you seem this search engine genuine but as a matter of fact this is literally very suspicious. It could raise more troubles after capturing the information like which site you most visited, system related secret information. Even worse, it can mess up with very secretive victim’s banking details which might put them into bankruptcy and so on. Thus all in all this is very dangerous web search engine capable of harming users someway or the other, so for the safety must take Websearch.coolwebsearch.info removal into consideration.
Things You Should Bear in Mind
No matter downloading or installing software, many PC users seem to perform very casually. Randomly download software from all kinds of unknown websites or other unreliable resources without considering whether the download software is regular or the rogue one. Most of them do that just for convenience. It is not a safe way to download software especially freeware. Why I say that? Please carefully read the following content. Computer experts have confirmed that malware like Trustedsurf.com is mainly spread through freeware download, malicious websites, torrent files, spam emails, suspicious links, pop ups etc. However, bundling with freeware download is the most common way to spread malicious programs. Oftentimes, the developer of freeware deliberately packs ad-supported programs, spyware and browser hijackers into free software. Do you know what software you install exactly? Actually there is a good way to check whether the chosen software carry other additional programs or not. Select Advanced or Custom ins
tallation instead of Default or Express installation when installing free software. Unwanted or malicious programs like Trustedsurf.com prefer to conceal within Advanced and Custom installation. Choose the two options will help you avoid installing additional and malicious programs on computer. Don’t be fooled by the so-called useful features promised by the extra or optional apps during the installation process. If you want to keep away from malware, please always opt for Advanced or Custom installation and uncheck unknown apps when you install freeware or any other software.
Harmful impacts of Websearch.coolwebsearch.info
It silently enters the PC and arise several issues on it
It damage the targeted system and degrades its performance
It can download other virus and malware in the system
It display fake security message to mislead users to purchase malicious product
It is associated with remote hackers which is not safe for the privacy of your data
How it make its way into my PC?
Websearch.coolwebsearch.info is a tricky threat which can use several tricks to get inserted in your system. So if you use your computer in improper way then your PC can become a soft target of this threat. It can be send in your system with some email attachment. So don’t excited when got a new mail from unknown user because its attachment may contain the threat. Besides that it also remains hide in some freeware. So when you download and install software from untrusted site then the threat will also get added in your system. There are several kinds of site which has been hacked and they are now used to promote the threat. So you also have to avoid visiting such unsafe site. Moreover, it is also distributed through some ads, pop-ups, links and peer to peer sharing.
Websearch.coolwebsearch.info browser hijacker removal guide
If your computer is infected with this browser hijacker, follow the instructions below to get rid of it from the PC. Have tried many manual methods but the virus is still there Try advanced anti-malware software as mentioned below to detect and delete the threats completely.
Step1:Run SpyHunter to find and delete Websearch.coolwebsearch.info
Step2:Uninstall potentially unwanted programs via Control Panel
Step3:Remove suspicious add-ons/extensions from browsers
Step4:Repair the default homepage and search engine
Step5:Delete Websearch.coolwebsearch.info from browser shortcuts
Note: With the steps above, Websearch.coolwebsearch.info should disappear from your PC. When your computer is infected with such unwanted software and you find the regular manual methods fail to work, use SpyHunter and the problem can be fixed soon. They can find and remove Websearch.coolwebsearch.info completelyfrom your PC with only a few clicks.
Step1:Run SpyHunter to find and delete Websearch.coolwebsearch.info
SpyHunter is an anti-malware program that can detect and remove browser hijackers, adware, spyware and other malware completely. It provides you free malware detection. Follow the steps below to delete the infections within your system by using SpyHunter:
- Click here to download SpyHunter.
- SpyHunter starts to scan your system for malware. The scanning may take a few minutes to finish.
- Once done, all the threats on your PC will be showed in the scan results. The tool provides you with brief info and related infections of the threats. You can expand to view more details about the malware. To clear the infections, click on the Fix Threats button.
- You need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter to completely wipe out Websearch.coolwebsearch.info and other infections.
Step2: Uninstall potentially unwanted programs via Control Panel
Some other additional programs may come along with the browser hijacker.To free up your hard disk space and prevent from further problems, please uninstall those uninvited programs via Control Panel.
- Click on Start button and select Settings.
- Click on Systems.
- Select Apps & Features. All the installed programs will be displayed on the right
- Find any program that you don’t want, select it and click on Uninstall button
- Click on Uninstall in the pop-up to confirm the removal. Remove the unwanted programs with the given instructions completely.
- Use Windows key + X key combination to bring up the Power User Menu.
- Select Programs and Features from the menu.
- Search for the program s that may come along with Websearch.coolwebsearch.info browser hijacker, select them and click on Uninstall button.
- Follow the prompts to completely remove the unwanted programs.
- Click on Start button and choose Control Panel.
- Click on Uninstall a program under Programs category (View by: Category) or Programs and Features(View by: Large icons).
- Find the programs that were installed without permission, select them and click on Uninstall button one by one.
- Complete the removal by following the instructions on the screen.
- Click on Start button and select Control Panel.
- Double click on Add/Remove Programs.
- Select any program unfamiliar to you that was installed recently, click on Remove button.
- Follow the instructions to complete the uninstallation.
Note: If the programs can’t be removed from Control Panel as usual, you may consider using an advanced malware removal tool to uninstall them thoroughly. For the sake of your PC, it’s not suggested that you leave these unexpected programs on the PC.
Step3:Remove suspicious add-ons/extensions from browsers
Sometimes Websearch.coolwebsearch.info browser hijacker may be caused by certain browser extensions/add-ons. Follow the guide below to disable or remove the harmful add-ons/extensions.
- Click on Tools or the IE menu (gear icon) button, and then click Manage Add-ons from the menu.
- Click on Toolbars and Extensions under Add-on Types.
- Remove any add-on that is unfamiliar to you by selecting it and clicking on the Remove button.
- Click on Tools on the menu bar or the Mozilla Firefox menu button and then select Add-ons.
- In the Add-ons Manager page, click on Extensions on the left side.
- Find any unwanted add-on and remove it by clicking on Remove button next to it.
- Click on the Chrome menu button in the top right corner of the browser and then select More Tools ->Extensions.
- Find any extension related to Websearch.coolwebsearch.info or strange to you and click chrome-trashcan-icon to remove it.
Step4: Repair the default homepage and search engine
If your default homepage and search engine have been changed to Websearch.coolwebsearch.info, follow the guide below to reset them.
- Click on the Tools or the IE menu button (gear icon) and click Internet Options.
- Click on the General tab, check Home page field and delete Websearch.coolwebsearch.info if it is there. Then enter the address of the website that you’d like to set as the default homepage instead. Click OK to save the changes.
- Click on Tools on the menu bar or the IE menu button (gear icon) and select Manage add-ons.
- Click on Search Providers under Add-on Types. If any unwanted search engine is listed there, select it and click Remove button and then click Close. Choose a search engine you want and click Set as default to set it as the default search provider.
- Click on Tools or the Firefox menu button and select Options from the drop-down menu.
- Click on the General on the left side. Under Startup, make sure When Firefox starts: is set to Show my home page. Delete Websearch.coolwebsearch.info from the Home Page field if you see it there. Then enter the address of your preferred website.
- Click on Search on the left side. Under Default Search Engines section, select the one you’d like to set as the default search engine by clicking on the arrow icon.
- Under One-click search engines section, select the search engine you you don’t want and click on Removebutton. Close the page and the changes will be saved.
- Click on Chrome menu button and select Settings.
- Under On startup, select Open a specific page or set of pages and click the Set pages. Delete Websearch.coolwebsearch.info and enter the URL of your preferred page in the blank field and click on OK to save the changes.
- Scroll down to the Appearance section, click on the Change link. If any unwanted URL is displayed there, please delete it by clicking on the “X” button. Then type the address of the website you’d like in the editable field and click on OK button.
- Scroll down to the Search section, click on the arrow button and select the search engine that you want. It will become you default search engine.
- To delete the unwanted search engine, click on Manage search engines… link. Delete the search engine you want to remove by clicking on the “X” icon. Click on OK button to save the changes.
Step5: Delete Websearch.coolwebsearch.info from browser shortcuts
The browser hijacker may add an argument like Websearch.coolwebsearch.info to your browser shortcuts.In this way, the site can open automatically every time you start the browser. To fix the issue, you need to delete the annoying argument from the browser shortcuts as below:
- Locate to your IE/Chrome/Firefox shortcut icon on the desktop, right click on it and select Properties.
- Check the shortcut path and make sure there are no extra characters like the URL of the browser hijacker behind the target path (e.g. “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe”.) If any harmful content is found, please delete it and then click on OK to save the changes.
Mentioned below are 4 steps to avoid malware while browsing the Web:
1.Do not open a fraudulent email or spam mails. Clicking on a fraudulent email will allow the cyber criminals to easily access your computer. Also never access any account information like bank info through email links which can allow access to your account information. Also ensure to have a back up for emails like how you keep record of important hard copy documents. Make sure that all the attachments are scanned before opening them.
2.Do not forget to log out of any account that you have logged in, especially when you are at a cybercafé.
3.Do not download free stuff like screen saver, videos and pictures from other websites. Downloading free stuffs from unknown website can dangerously harm your computer. Suddenly the computer begins to slow down as malicious software’s come along with those downloads. And always access safe websites to download useful information or data.
4.Do not allow an unknown person in your social networking accounts like Twitter and Facebook. Social networking websites have become a craze in the modern generation. Hence, protecting one’s identity and account is really important with increasing threats on the Internet.