Hello, can anyone help me clean this Search.newsfirst.io browser hijacker from my Google Chrome? I have been hijacked by it for several days. I’m not a computer savvy but I have one friend to help me deal with it. He tried to change the Google page back, but the Google is still not there. We don’t know why and how does that happen. Pop-up things are very annoying, which disturbs me a lot. I don’t understand how it log into my web browser and cause so many Internet problems. I need my computer to work normally again, as I have to finish homework online. Help me, please!
What is Search.newsfirst.io?
Search.newsfirst.io is newly defined redirect threat that has dubious feature to take over your system without any desire or approval. This type of pesky infection may attack your system through lots of misleading sources. For some instances, lots of freeware downloads, intrusive email attachments, p2p file sharing networks and other spreading methods by which it gets inside your system silently. As long as Search.newsfirst.io is slipped successfully, it downloads tons of hazardous files in registry key folders. This kind hijacker virus may randomly hijack the functions of your internet browsers such as Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explore, Chrome or even Safari. Like other rogue infection, it begins assaults your home page, search engine and other settings of default browsers. Moreover, Search.newsfirst.io is capable to replace your trustworthy search page and search provider tools without asking any permission.
As a severe hijacker bug, this unreliable infection frequently redirects your authentic search pages to other sponsored or unsafe websites. Apart from this, when Search.newsfirst.io infiltrates in your targeted system, it suddenly damages your legitimate files and injects many suspicious codes to bypass the detection of your antivirus tools and firewall settings. As a result, you couldn’t use your security application to detect this nasty threat. There are numerous deceptive or useless pop-up links that would be inserted in search results. If you click on any irrelevant pop-ups. Then the authors of Search.newsfirst.io may gain lots of unethical benefits. Due to such random diverting issues, you couldn’t browse few websites in normal way. What’s more frustrating, Search.newsfirst.io infection can secretly monitor your surfing details and transmits to third party spammers to misuses them for other malevolent activities. Therefore, if you want to protect both your system and online privacy, you must get rid of Search.newsfirst.io from your system as soon as possible.
The Risks of Browser Hijacker and Redirect Virus
Users may have long held strong views but didn’t always have the medium in which to express them, ave for venting to friends or telling all their problems to the computer experts for help. Users tend to face more risks, such as fake search results, redirection and pop up ads, when they are browsing the web or searching keywords. Everyone gets their own cause about how do they let such browser hijacker or redirect virus in, but not all of them can find the exact carrier on computer without the help of tools. So, it indicates that once users find browser hijacker or redirect virus on computer, there must be other possible threats are downloaded. The increasing prominence of web browser and the internet and the ensuing introduction of browsing security, has led to users accumulating a proliferation of accounts and passwords. For inexperienced users looking to search information by using fake browser hijacker or redirect virus, there is no doubt that the information they upload would be in risks. Similarly, even
the browser hijacker or redirect virus users are infected do not offer any search function, they still can spy on user’s activities as long as they keep hijacking the web pages. Malicious pages always need to record personal details for their developers for legal or illegal purpose. Just being able to collect and send sensitive details gives users no chance to avoid data theft once the infected computer is connecting to the internet. For those who do not realize the hijack, the browser hijacker or redirect virus will have more chances to get personal details.
Problems Triggered By Search.newsfirst.io
Browser will be hijacked.
Homepage of the browser may get changed automatically without any permission.
Tons of irrelevant pop-ups and advertisements will be displayed.
Meanwhile, personal information can be stolen to cause cyber crimes.
Some strange websites may be added to the bookmark folder.
Internet connection become slow and unstable.
Utilizes high CPU resources and thereby lead to death of OS
Cruelly makes your programs non functioning and cause random system crash.
Installed security program may stop working and PC become vulnerable
Search.newsfirst.io browser hijacker removal guide
If your computer is infected with this browser hijacker, follow the instructions below to get rid of it from the PC. Have tried many manual methods but the virus is still there Try advanced anti-malware software as mentioned below to detect and delete the threats completely.
Step1:Run SpyHunter to find and delete Search.newsfirst.io
Step2:Uninstall potentially unwanted programs via Control Panel
Step3:Remove suspicious add-ons/extensions from browsers
Step4:Repair the default homepage and search engine
Step5:Delete Search.newsfirst.io from browser shortcuts
Note: With the steps above, Search.newsfirst.io should disappear from your PC. When your computer is infected with such unwanted software and you find the regular manual methods fail to work, use SpyHunter and the problem can be fixed soon. They can find and remove Search.newsfirst.io completelyfrom your PC with only a few clicks.
Step1:Run SpyHunter to find and delete Search.newsfirst.io
SpyHunter is an anti-malware program that can detect and remove browser hijackers, adware, spyware and other malware completely. It provides you free malware detection. Follow the steps below to delete the infections within your system by using SpyHunter:
- Click here to download SpyHunter.
- SpyHunter starts to scan your system for malware. The scanning may take a few minutes to finish.
- Once done, all the threats on your PC will be showed in the scan results. The tool provides you with brief info and related infections of the threats. You can expand to view more details about the malware. To clear the infections, click on the Fix Threats button.
- You need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter to completely wipe out Search.newsfirst.io and other infections.
Step2: Uninstall potentially unwanted programs via Control Panel
Some other additional programs may come along with the browser hijacker.To free up your hard disk space and prevent from further problems, please uninstall those uninvited programs via Control Panel.
- Click on Start button and select Settings.
- Click on Systems.
- Select Apps & Features. All the installed programs will be displayed on the right
- Find any program that you don’t want, select it and click on Uninstall button
- Click on Uninstall in the pop-up to confirm the removal. Remove the unwanted programs with the given instructions completely.
- Use Windows key + X key combination to bring up the Power User Menu.
- Select Programs and Features from the menu.
- Search for the program s that may come along with Search.newsfirst.io browser hijacker, select them and click on Uninstall button.
- Follow the prompts to completely remove the unwanted programs.
- Click on Start button and choose Control Panel.
- Click on Uninstall a program under Programs category (View by: Category) or Programs and Features(View by: Large icons).
- Find the programs that were installed without permission, select them and click on Uninstall button one by one.
- Complete the removal by following the instructions on the screen.
- Click on Start button and select Control Panel.
- Double click on Add/Remove Programs.
- Select any program unfamiliar to you that was installed recently, click on Remove button.
- Follow the instructions to complete the uninstallation.
Note: If the programs can’t be removed from Control Panel as usual, you may consider using an advanced malware removal tool to uninstall them thoroughly. For the sake of your PC, it’s not suggested that you leave these unexpected programs on the PC.
Step3:Remove suspicious add-ons/extensions from browsers
Sometimes Search.newsfirst.io browser hijacker may be caused by certain browser extensions/add-ons. Follow the guide below to disable or remove the harmful add-ons/extensions.
- Click on Tools or the IE menu (gear icon) button, and then click Manage Add-ons from the menu.
- Click on Toolbars and Extensions under Add-on Types.
- Remove any add-on that is unfamiliar to you by selecting it and clicking on the Remove button.
- Click on Tools on the menu bar or the Mozilla Firefox menu button and then select Add-ons.
- In the Add-ons Manager page, click on Extensions on the left side.
- Find any unwanted add-on and remove it by clicking on Remove button next to it.
- Click on the Chrome menu button in the top right corner of the browser and then select More Tools ->Extensions.
- Find any extension related to Search.newsfirst.io or strange to you and click chrome-trashcan-icon to remove it.
Step4: Repair the default homepage and search engine
If your default homepage and search engine have been changed to Search.newsfirst.io, follow the guide below to reset them.
- Click on the Tools or the IE menu button (gear icon) and click Internet Options.
- Click on the General tab, check Home page field and delete Search.newsfirst.io if it is there. Then enter the address of the website that you’d like to set as the default homepage instead. Click OK to save the changes.
- Click on Tools on the menu bar or the IE menu button (gear icon) and select Manage add-ons.
- Click on Search Providers under Add-on Types. If any unwanted search engine is listed there, select it and click Remove button and then click Close. Choose a search engine you want and click Set as default to set it as the default search provider.
- Click on Tools or the Firefox menu button and select Options from the drop-down menu.
- Click on the General on the left side. Under Startup, make sure When Firefox starts: is set to Show my home page. Delete Search.newsfirst.io from the Home Page field if you see it there. Then enter the address of your preferred website.
- Click on Search on the left side. Under Default Search Engines section, select the one you’d like to set as the default search engine by clicking on the arrow icon.
- Under One-click search engines section, select the search engine you you don’t want and click on Removebutton. Close the page and the changes will be saved.
- Click on Chrome menu button and select Settings.
- Under On startup, select Open a specific page or set of pages and click the Set pages. Delete Search.newsfirst.io and enter the URL of your preferred page in the blank field and click on OK to save the changes.
- Scroll down to the Appearance section, click on the Change link. If any unwanted URL is displayed there, please delete it by clicking on the “X” button. Then type the address of the website you’d like in the editable field and click on OK button.
- Scroll down to the Search section, click on the arrow button and select the search engine that you want. It will become you default search engine.
- To delete the unwanted search engine, click on Manage search engines… link. Delete the search engine you want to remove by clicking on the “X” icon. Click on OK button to save the changes.
Step5: Delete Search.newsfirst.io from browser shortcuts
The browser hijacker may add an argument like Search.newsfirst.io to your browser shortcuts.In this way, the site can open automatically every time you start the browser. To fix the issue, you need to delete the annoying argument from the browser shortcuts as below:
- Locate to your IE/Chrome/Firefox shortcut icon on the desktop, right click on it and select Properties.
- Check the shortcut path and make sure there are no extra characters like the URL of the browser hijacker behind the target path (e.g. “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe”.) If any harmful content is found, please delete it and then click on OK to save the changes.
How to Protect PC Safe
Trojans are so named because they need your permission to run on your computer, either when you run the program yourself, or if you open a document or image that then runs the program. With this in mind, the first and best defense against Trojans is to never open an email attachment or run a program when you aren’t 100 percent certain of the source, which includes all files downloaded from peer-to-peer programs or websites. But this is rarely possible in today’s interconnected world, so a few more specific security measures are called for.
Always keep your software up to date. This goes doubly true for important programs like your operating system and browser. Hackers exploit known security holes in these types of programs that can help the Trojan do its work, and even if the vendor patches the holes, it won’t do you any good unless you maintain the latest version of your software. To keep your Internet connection as secure as possible, always keep a firewall up. Both software and hardware firewalls are excellent at controlling malicious Internet traffic, and can often stop Trojans from downloading to your computer in the first place.