What is Search.searchdp.com?
Search.searchdp.com is a browser hijacker which is recently detected by the German speaking users. It seems like a legitimate search engine site which provides quick links for online shopping, news, videos, social media etc. Search.searchdp.com is capable to modify the homepage settings of the compromised PC and interrupts when users tries to visit any genuine page. It allows the users to download VLC Player or Media player classic and in the meantime, it would attach malignant threats with the programs. When you will click on install button then these threats will secretly invade in your system to exploit its vulnerabilities. Thus, it is advised to the users to be aware while installing any program from Search.searchdp.com as well as Openoffice.deWegplaner.de, Routenplaner-kostenlos.com and Vlc-download.de etc. Search.searchdp.com is only used by the remote hackers for advertising purpose. So, avoid clicking on its anymore.
Search.searchdp.com mainly intrude your computer when you browse to malicious websites, share files on unsafe network, download bundled free third party programs and applications. Once this nasty threat get inside your machine, it will also infect the registry editor of your computer. This dubious threat will create new registry entries that will help this threat to get started on your system automatically when you boot your computer. This cunning browser hijacker virus is mainly intended to redirect the web traffic on dubious websites to generate revenue and earn commission. Search.searchdp.com will completely compromise your web browsing experience by unwanted redirection. It may also bring more threats and viruses on your system by redirecting your browser malicious websites. It can also gather your private details by tracking your online habits and send to remote hackers. It is a serious threat fro your system security and privacy. You must remove Search.searchdp.com from your PC soon.
Why Need to Remove Search.searchdp.com?
- Search.searchdp.com can interfere with your normal online activities. It blocks some popular and security related sites and forces you to search the Internet through the reputable search engines like Google, Bing and Yahoo.
- Besides, this browser hijacker can affect stability of your browser. It can cause frequent errors and overall performance problems, and may also prevent other plug-ins on your browser from working normally.
- In addition, this browser hijacker can reduce security level of your browser. It will modify various types of settings on your browser, which may bring potential risks. For example, other types of malware can attack your PC via the browser vulnerabilities more easily.
- This browser hijacker would violate your privacy, too. It records your personal information, tracks your browsing habits using cookies, and then discloses that information to third-party advertisers. This information may include your IP address, location, browser type, interested sites, recent search terms, clicked ads, and more.
- This browser hijacker can show you many annoying popup ads. It generates popup ads on your pages, or redirects you to some unknown websites that keeps displaying endless ads.
- The browser hijacker may bring other PUPs (potentially unwanted programs). When your pages are full of popup ads, it is very easy that your accidentally click on any of them. As a result of clicking the ads, you might directly download PUPs on your PC.
Harmful traits of Search.searchdp.com
It occupies your browser without you knowledge.
It modifies browser settings, default homepage nad default search engine without user approval.
It causes redirection issue towards malicious sites
It fills your browser screen with annoying advertisements, pop-up ads and banners
It spy your online activity and collects user private details for illegal purpose.
It slow down computer performance and make it sluggish and inactive
It install other malware on the compromised PC.
How to Remove Search.searchdp.com from Computer?
Please follow our professional removal steps to quickly get rid of Search.searchdp.com. You should know that browser hijacker should be removed from the infected computer as soon as possible in order to prevent further damage created by it. You can choose the manual removal method provided below or use an automatic anti-malware removal tool to eliminate Search.searchdp.com and all its malicious files and registry entries.
Free download Search.searchdp.com Automatic Removal Tool (Strongly Recommended)
Manual Removal Steps – Only suitable for experienced PC users
Step1: Remove Search.searchdp.com from Chrome/Firefox/IE
Remove Search.searchdp.com from Chrome
- Click the menu button at the top right corner of Chrome and then choose Settings from the drop down menu.
- In the Settings window, click “Set pages” link of “On startup”.
- Delete Search.searchdp.com homepage link “http://Search.searchdp.com/” by clicking X icon at the end and then click OK button.
- Return to the Settings window, click “Change” link of “Appearance”.
- Delete the unwanted homepage link “http://Search.searchdp.com/ and then click OK button.
- Now, scrolling down, click “Manage search engines” button.
- First, select Google or another preferable one as your default search engine by clicking Make default button. Then remove the unwanted search engine Search.searchdp.com by clicking X icon at the end. After finishing the operation, click Done button.
Remove Search.searchdp.com from Firefox
- Click the menu button at the top right corner of Firefox and then click Options.
- In the Options window, delete Search.searchdp.com homepage link “http://www.Myfavoritesweeps-ipadair-winner2.com/”. Then you can type a preferable page as your new homepage or click “Restore to Default” button.
- Now switch to click Search tab on the left, search for the unwanted search engine Search.searchdp.com and then click Remove button to delete it.
Remove Search.searchdp.com from IE
- Click the gear icon at the upper right corner of Internet Explorer and then select Internet optionsfrom the drop down menu. (For Windows 8 user)
Note: For Windows 7, Vista, or XP user, click Tools menu and then choose Internet Options from the drop down menu.
- In the Internet options window, delete Search.searchdp.com homepage link http://Myfavoritesweeps-ipadair-winner2.com/….Then you can type another desired web address as your new homepage or click Use new tab. After that, click Apply → OK button.
- Open your Internet Explorer again, click the gear icon at the upper right corner and then select Manage add-ons from the drop down menu. (For Windows 8 user)
Note: For Windows 7, Vista, or XP user, click Tools menu and then choose Manage add-ons from the drop down menu.
- In the Manage add-ons window, click Search Providers on the left. Choose Bing or other preferable one as your default search provider by clicking Set as default button. Then click Remove button to delete Myfavoritesweeps-ipadair-winner2.com.
Attention: If you can’t successfully remove Search.searchdp.com in this step, you are highly recommended to get rid of this fake search provider with the help of an automatic and professional malware removal tool.
Step2: Fix your Chrome/Firefox/IE shortcut target.
For Chrome user
- Right-click your Chrome shortcut on your Desktop and then selectProperties from the drop down menu.
- In the Properties window, delete all the malicious components behind …\Application\chrome.exe. And then click Apply → OK button
For Firefox user
- Right-click your Firefox shortcut on your Desktop and then select Properties from the list.
- In the Properties window, delete all the harmful components behind …\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe”. And then click Apply → OK button.
For IE user
- Right-click your IE shortcut on your Desktop and then select Properties.
- In the Properties window, delete all the unwanted components behind …\Internet Explorer\iexplorer.exe”.And then click Apply → OK button
Step3: Uninstall Search.searchdp.com and any suspicious programs from Windows.
For Windows 7 user:
- Click Windows Start→Control Panel → Uninstall a program under Programs.
For Windows XP user:
- Click Windows Start → Control Panel → Add or Remove Programs.
For Windows 8 user:
- Right-click Windows Start (at the lower left corner of your screen) → Control Panel → Uninstall a programunder Programs
- Look for any suspicious programs from the currently installed programs and then click Uninstall.
Search.searchdp.com Automatic Removal Tool – SpyHunter
SpyHunter is a top anti-malware/anti-spyware removal program which specially designed to assist the average computer user in protecting their PC from malicious threats. The top removal software can detect, remove and block browser hijacker, adware, spyware, rootkits, keyloggers, Trojans and more. In addition, SpyHunter responds with advanced technology to stay one step ahead of today’s malware threats and offers additional customization capabilities to ensure every user is able to custom tailor SpyHunter to fit their specific needs. Now download SpyHunter to have a full scan of your PC and run it to quickly get rid of Search.searchdp.com virus as well as all potential threats.
>> Click button below to free download the top malware removal tool.
Installation procedure of SpyHunter
- Once finished downloading, double-click SpyHunter-Installer.exe on your computer.
- Click Run button.
- Choose the language you prefer and click OK button.
- Click CONTINUE button to go on.
- Now SpyHunter is installing. Please wait for a moment.
- Click FINISH button to finish SpyHunter installation.
- Launch SpyHunter to have a full scan of your PC by clicking Scan Computer Now.
- Once finished scanning, please click Fix Threats button to remove all detected threats.
Note: SpyHunter’s free version only provides free scan and detection to your PC. To get rid of Myfavoritesweeps-ipadair-winner2.com and other potential threats, you need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter.
Considering the tricky browser hijacker Search.searchdp.com may have modified your browser settings. Therefore, to ensure your PC is thoroughly free from the virus, you’d better reset Chrome/Firefox /IE to default setting.
Reset Google Chrome
- Click the menu button at the top right corner of Chrome and then select Settings from the drop down menu.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click “Show advanced settings”.
- Continue to scroll down to the bottom of the page and click “Reset settings”.
- When a message box pops up as shown below, click Reset button to reset Google Chrome.
- Restart your computer to take effect.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Click the menu button at the top right corner of Firefox and then click the help icon at the lower right corner.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- In the opened window, clickRefresh Firefox button.
- When a message box pops up as shown below, click Refresh Firefox button to reset Mozilla Firefox.
- Restart your PC.
Reset Internet Explorer
- Click the gear icon at the upper right corner of IE and then select Internet options from the drop down menu. (For Windows 8 user)
Note: For Windows 7, Vista, XP user, click Tool menu → Internet Options.
- In the Internet options window, click Advanced tab at the upper right corner and then click Reset button.
- After a window pops up as shown below. Check the Delete personal settings and then click Reset button.
- Then you will see a message box as shown below, click Close button.
- Restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
Mentioned below are 3 steps to avoid malware while browsing the Web:
1.Don’t use a single password and PIN everywhere. No one uses same key for house, car, office, briefcase and deposit box. Generally, most of the people use different keys. Suppose one uses the same PIN everywhere, then an opportunity is being created for a thief to unlock every door.
2.Do not login (into) third party applications that ask for email logins. Third party applications are programs written to work within operating systems, but are written by individuals or companies other than the providers of the operating system.
3.Do not click on pop-ups that appear while browsing the web. Those pop-ups may contain malware which can be automatically downloaded to the PC. Pop-up ads are a form of advertising intended to attract web traffic or capture email addresses.