What is Search.searchtppp.com?
Search.searchtppp.com is a malicious browser hijacker which creates many unwanted problems for the infected computer. It may easily infect any Windows computer system with the help of bundled software, Spam mails, infected websites and other threats. Once this browser hijacker manages to get inside your computer, your browser homepage and search engine will get replaced with its malicious domain. You will find it very difficult to surf the Internet and usually get redirected on some unknown and dubious websites. This dubious browser hijacker virus Search.searchtppp.com will completely mess up with your system very badly. Your system will get very slow and you will not be able to browser the web peacefully.
To be more specific, it usually generates varieties of annoying banner adverts, pop-up alerts or other pop-up update links to harass your online activities. You should not try to click on such annoying pop-up alerts because Search.searchtppp.com is capable to reroute your relevant search pages or trusted links to other malevolent websites. The prime purpose of this hijacker threat is to bring specific traffic to other unsafe web pages and enhances their raking in vicious search results. The suspicious impact is that, Search.searchtppp.com may monitor the surfing habit of user. It usually gathers your various sensitive information that includes search queries, cookies, email login details, IP location, credit card details and some others. So, to secure your private data and avoid such harmful symptoms then you should delete Search.searchtppp.com as soon as possible.
Hackers or cyber criminals exploit vulnerable system all the time and catch the opportunity to attack your system and inject all types of malware including adware, browser hijacker, spyware, Trojans, ransomware, and so on. Don’t think that it is none of your business. Actually, malware affects us all. Cyber criminals attack computers all around the world and the trend still maintains a rapid growth. From the chart below, we can clearly see a massive growth in malware.
Malware is very annoying and frustrating. Meanwhile, it is also a destructive computer threat as it will endanger computer security and personal privacy. To prevent malware infection, what we should do is to know about malware spreading route. Thus, we can effectively protect our PCs from malware attacks.
There are two popular ways for cyber criminals to spread malware like Search.searchtppp.com on the Internet. One is spam emails/URLs, the other is freeware. In recent years, the numbers of spam emails have been rising. If you don’t want to fall into the trap designed by hackers, you should be vigilant when receiving an email. Do not open any unknown email attachments from strange people. Once received, delete it immediately. Do not put your privacy security at a high risk due to your curiosity.
Source: McAfee Labs Threats Report, August 2015
From the chart, we can see that it has become a common way for cyber criminals to spread malware via spam emails. It is likely that thousands of spam emails are generated every day. So we have to be careful.
Please note that it will definitely diminish the Internet browsing experience using a suspicious website to search information since you will continually encounter annoying redirection issues. To quickly get rid of Search.searchtppp.com from computer and break away from being redirected, please see the best removal guide given below.
Harmful traits of Search.searchtppp.com
It occupies your browser without you knowledge.
It modifies browser settings, default homepage nad default search engine without user approval.
It causes redirection issue towards malicious sites
It fills your browser screen with annoying advertisements, pop-up ads and banners
It spy your online activity and collects user private details for illegal purpose.
It slow down computer performance and make it sluggish and inactive
It install other malware on the compromised PC.
How to Remove Search.searchtppp.com from Computer?
Please follow our professional removal steps to quickly get rid of Search.searchtppp.com. You should know that browser hijacker should be removed from the infected computer as soon as possible in order to prevent further damage created by it. You can choose the manual removal method provided below or use an automatic anti-malware removal tool to eliminate Search.searchtppp.com and all its malicious files and registry entries.
Free download Search.searchtppp.com Automatic Removal Tool (Strongly Recommended)
Manual Removal Steps – Only suitable for experienced PC users
Step1: Remove Search.searchtppp.com from Chrome/Firefox/IE
Remove Search.searchtppp.com from Chrome
- Click the menu button at the top right corner of Chrome and then choose Settings from the drop down menu.
- In the Settings window, click “Set pages” link of “On startup”.
- Delete Search.searchtppp.com homepage link “http://Search.searchtppp.com/” by clicking X icon at the end and then click OK button.
- Return to the Settings window, click “Change” link of “Appearance”.
- Delete the unwanted homepage link “http://Search.searchtppp.com/ and then click OK button.
- Now, scrolling down, click “Manage search engines” button.
- First, select Google or another preferable one as your default search engine by clicking Make default button. Then remove the unwanted search engine Search.searchtppp.com by clicking X icon at the end. After finishing the operation, click Done button.
Remove Search.searchtppp.com from Firefox
- Click the menu button at the top right corner of Firefox and then click Options.
- In the Options window, delete Search.searchtppp.com homepage link “http://www.Myfavoritesweeps-ipadair-winner2.com/”. Then you can type a preferable page as your new homepage or click “Restore to Default” button.
- Now switch to click Search tab on the left, search for the unwanted search engine Search.searchtppp.com and then click Remove button to delete it.
Remove Search.searchtppp.com from IE
- Click the gear icon at the upper right corner of Internet Explorer and then select Internet optionsfrom the drop down menu. (For Windows 8 user)
Note: For Windows 7, Vista, or XP user, click Tools menu and then choose Internet Options from the drop down menu.
- In the Internet options window, delete Search.searchtppp.com homepage link http://Myfavoritesweeps-ipadair-winner2.com/….Then you can type another desired web address as your new homepage or click Use new tab. After that, click Apply → OK button.
- Open your Internet Explorer again, click the gear icon at the upper right corner and then select Manage add-ons from the drop down menu. (For Windows 8 user)
Note: For Windows 7, Vista, or XP user, click Tools menu and then choose Manage add-ons from the drop down menu.
- In the Manage add-ons window, click Search Providers on the left. Choose Bing or other preferable one as your default search provider by clicking Set as default button. Then click Remove button to delete Myfavoritesweeps-ipadair-winner2.com.
Attention: If you can’t successfully remove Search.searchtppp.com in this step, you are highly recommended to get rid of this fake search provider with the help of an automatic and professional malware removal tool.
Step2: Fix your Chrome/Firefox/IE shortcut target.
For Chrome user
- Right-click your Chrome shortcut on your Desktop and then selectProperties from the drop down menu.
- In the Properties window, delete all the malicious components behind …\Application\chrome.exe. And then click Apply → OK button
For Firefox user
- Right-click your Firefox shortcut on your Desktop and then select Properties from the list.
- In the Properties window, delete all the harmful components behind …\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe”. And then click Apply → OK button.
For IE user
- Right-click your IE shortcut on your Desktop and then select Properties.
- In the Properties window, delete all the unwanted components behind …\Internet Explorer\iexplorer.exe”.And then click Apply → OK button
Step3: Uninstall Search.searchtppp.com and any suspicious programs from Windows.
For Windows 7 user:
- Click Windows Start→Control Panel → Uninstall a program under Programs.
For Windows XP user:
- Click Windows Start → Control Panel → Add or Remove Programs.
For Windows 8 user:
- Right-click Windows Start (at the lower left corner of your screen) → Control Panel → Uninstall a programunder Programs
- Look for any suspicious programs from the currently installed programs and then click Uninstall.
Search.searchtppp.com Automatic Removal Tool – SpyHunter
SpyHunter is a top anti-malware/anti-spyware removal program which specially designed to assist the average computer user in protecting their PC from malicious threats. The top removal software can detect, remove and block browser hijacker, adware, spyware, rootkits, keyloggers, Trojans and more. In addition, SpyHunter responds with advanced technology to stay one step ahead of today’s malware threats and offers additional customization capabilities to ensure every user is able to custom tailor SpyHunter to fit their specific needs. Now download SpyHunter to have a full scan of your PC and run it to quickly get rid of Search.searchtppp.com virus as well as all potential threats.
>> Click button below to free download the top malware removal tool.
Installation procedure of SpyHunter
- Once finished downloading, double-click SpyHunter-Installer.exe on your computer.
- Click Run button.
- Choose the language you prefer and click OK button.
- Click CONTINUE button to go on.
- Now SpyHunter is installing. Please wait for a moment.
- Click FINISH button to finish SpyHunter installation.
- Launch SpyHunter to have a full scan of your PC by clicking Scan Computer Now.
- Once finished scanning, please click Fix Threats button to remove all detected threats.
Note: SpyHunter’s free version only provides free scan and detection to your PC. To get rid of Myfavoritesweeps-ipadair-winner2.com and other potential threats, you need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter.
Considering the tricky browser hijacker Search.searchtppp.com may have modified your browser settings. Therefore, to ensure your PC is thoroughly free from the virus, you’d better reset Chrome/Firefox /IE to default setting.
Reset Google Chrome
- Click the menu button at the top right corner of Chrome and then select Settings from the drop down menu.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click “Show advanced settings”.
- Continue to scroll down to the bottom of the page and click “Reset settings”.
- When a message box pops up as shown below, click Reset button to reset Google Chrome.
- Restart your computer to take effect.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Click the menu button at the top right corner of Firefox and then click the help icon at the lower right corner.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- In the opened window, clickRefresh Firefox button.
- When a message box pops up as shown below, click Refresh Firefox button to reset Mozilla Firefox.
- Restart your PC.
Reset Internet Explorer
- Click the gear icon at the upper right corner of IE and then select Internet options from the drop down menu. (For Windows 8 user)
Note: For Windows 7, Vista, XP user, click Tool menu → Internet Options.
- In the Internet options window, click Advanced tab at the upper right corner and then click Reset button.
- After a window pops up as shown below. Check the Delete personal settings and then click Reset button.
- Then you will see a message box as shown below, click Close button.
- Restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
How to Protect PC Safe
Trojans are so named because they need your permission to run on your computer, either when you run the program yourself, or if you open a document or image that then runs the program. With this in mind, the first and best defense against Trojans is to never open an email attachment or run a program when you aren’t 100 percent certain of the source, which includes all files downloaded from peer-to-peer programs or websites. But this is rarely possible in today’s interconnected world, so a few more specific security measures are called for.
Always keep your software up to date. This goes doubly true for important programs like your operating system and browser. Hackers exploit known security holes in these types of programs that can help the Trojan do its work, and even if the vendor patches the holes, it won’t do you any good unless you maintain the latest version of your software. To keep your Internet connection as secure as possible, always keep a firewall up. Both software and hardware firewalls are excellent at controlling malicious Internet traffic, and can often stop Trojans from downloading to your computer in the first place.