What is Start.iminent.com?
Start.iminent.com is considered as browser hijacker which seems like a genuine search engine site. It is capable to install itself in the system and conducts changes in your default settings. You will find that all your Google, Yahoo or Bing search results will be redirected to Start.iminent.com. It offers a search bar for the users and allows them to search on the web for images, videos, maps, news etc. You need to know that it is a suspicious domain which is used for promotional purpose by the cyber crooks. You will find unwanted alerts and notifications on the screen which will provide you the link to install free videos, softwares, music files etc. Once you will click on the links to install free files, it is possible that spywares or malwares can invade in bundles to harm the system efficiency. Thus, you should not allow Start.iminent.com to stay for long time in the PC.
Start.iminent.com can attack your computer system through bundled freeware programs, network file sharing, suspicious websites and other dubious tricks. This nasty threat is able to attack all famous web browsers including Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and many other. This nasty redirect virus will also inject its codes to the registry editor of your computer. Once installed on your machine, it will get a very tough task to delete Start.iminent.com from your system. It can also track your online habits and web browsing history to gather your private information. It can collect your personal and financial details without your permission. It can also share those details with remote hackers and risk your privacy. It is advised to take immediate steps to completely remove Start.iminent.com from your computer system.
Why Is Start.iminent.com Dangerous ?
Believe it or not, there is potential risk in all of browser hijackers. But some of users tend to choose to ignore the settings change even after they notice the installation of browser hijacker. If you have a tendency to surf the web many times, then you could be annoyed by this browser hijacker as it continue redirecting web pages, making you unable to reach the website you want to visit. As it is mentioned above, Start.iminent.com will show random pop up ads under the search box. The pop up ads contain two pop up windows. If you are not capable of dealing with browser hijackers, and because it block browser settings to stop you from changing them back, it will control all new tabs. If you are one of inexperienced users, chances are you are not notice the infection that you do not really like. And you probably have this browser hijacker on computer. However, you keep using this search engine to browse, you will get random pop up contents and insecure search results. But being a victim of this browser hijacker is not jus
t about getting endless pop up ads, there could be many other troubles in your browsing and even on computer that you do not have the patience to solve. They could be annoying shortcuts or unwanted installation, and things which you do not have control over.
As mentioned in one of the previous signs, Start.iminent.com virus is incredibly annoying because it adds a lot of shortcuts on desktop. Even all those programs are not installed on system, they all get chance to be installed when any one of their shortcut is clicked. It gives you no chance to escape. Some browser hijackers have evolved so much recently that you actually feel as if you are using a safe search engine when they act like normal. As a matter of fact, all the details you upload and transfer may be collected by browser hijacker silently. You are making your personal details visible, and that is because browser hijacker is spying on what you do. Although you have realized the dangers of its dangerous features, you may have no ability to stop them. The unwanted shortcuts will continue showing up. Even you have already deleted some, the new shortcuts will be saved constantly. With so many uncertainties, you may be petrified of taking actions. When you face uncertain situations, you tend to start hurrying and start
to try what you know to solve the problem. The truth is that, if you do not know hoe to solve the problem, the more you do, the more dangerous it will be. Thus, no matter the search engine you get on computer is dangerous or not, the most effective to avoid any loss is to remove it and clean computer completely. In this reason, once you can not make sure Start.iminent.com is safe, you should get rid of Start.iminent.com in time to avoid loss.
What can Start.iminent.com do?
Start.iminent.com manages to penetrate into the computer shareware or freeware installation, unsafe downloads and via other deceptive infiltration method without user’s knowledge.
It generates endless advertisements on the hijacked browser and change Internet settings.
This infection spy on your browsing habits and records all the personal data.
It misleads the user by showing fake security alerts.
This infection has the ability to infect Mac operating system as well as all versions of Windows operating system.
How to Remove Start.iminent.com from Computer?
Please follow our professional removal steps to quickly get rid of Start.iminent.com. You should know that browser hijacker should be removed from the infected computer as soon as possible in order to prevent further damage created by it. You can choose the manual removal method provided below or use an automatic anti-malware removal tool to eliminate Start.iminent.com and all its malicious files and registry entries.
Free download Start.iminent.com Automatic Removal Tool (Strongly Recommended)
Manual Removal Steps – Only suitable for experienced PC users
Step1: Remove Start.iminent.com from Chrome/Firefox/IE
Remove Start.iminent.com from Chrome
- Click the menu button at the top right corner of Chrome and then choose Settings from the drop down menu.
- In the Settings window, click “Set pages” link of “On startup”.
- Delete Start.iminent.com homepage link “http://Start.iminent.com/” by clicking X icon at the end and then click OK button.
- Return to the Settings window, click “Change” link of “Appearance”.
- Delete the unwanted homepage link “http://Start.iminent.com/ and then click OK button.
- Now, scrolling down, click “Manage search engines” button.
- First, select Google or another preferable one as your default search engine by clicking Make default button. Then remove the unwanted search engine Start.iminent.com by clicking X icon at the end. After finishing the operation, click Done button.
Remove Start.iminent.com from Firefox
- Click the menu button at the top right corner of Firefox and then click Options.
- In the Options window, delete Start.iminent.com homepage link “http://www.Start.iminent.com/”. Then you can type a preferable page as your new homepage or click “Restore to Default” button.
- Now switch to click Search tab on the left, search for the unwanted search engine Start.iminent.com and then click Remove button to delete it.
Remove Start.iminent.com from IE
- Click the gear icon at the upper right corner of Internet Explorer and then select Internet optionsfrom the drop down menu. (For Windows 8 user)
Note: For Windows 7, Vista, or XP user, click Tools menu and then choose Internet Options from the drop down menu.
- In the Internet options window, delete Start.iminent.com homepage link http://Start.iminent.com/….Then you can type another desired web address as your new homepage or click Use new tab. After that, click Apply → OK button.
- Open your Internet Explorer again, click the gear icon at the upper right corner and then select Manage add-ons from the drop down menu. (For Windows 8 user)
Note: For Windows 7, Vista, or XP user, click Tools menu and then choose Manage add-ons from the drop down menu.
- In the Manage add-ons window, click Search Providers on the left. Choose Bing or other preferable one as your default search provider by clicking Set as default button. Then click Remove button to delete Start.iminent.com.
Attention: If you can’t successfully remove Start.iminent.com in this step, you are highly recommended to get rid of this fake search provider with the help of an automatic and professional malware removal tool.
Step2: Fix your Chrome/Firefox/IE shortcut target.
For Chrome user
- Right-click your Chrome shortcut on your Desktop and then selectProperties from the drop down menu.
- In the Properties window, delete all the malicious components behind …\Application\chrome.exe. And then click Apply → OK button
For Firefox user
- Right-click your Firefox shortcut on your Desktop and then select Properties from the list.
- In the Properties window, delete all the harmful components behind …\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe”. And then click Apply → OK button.
For IE user
- Right-click your IE shortcut on your Desktop and then select Properties.
- In the Properties window, delete all the unwanted components behind …\Internet Explorer\iexplorer.exe”.And then click Apply → OK button
Step3: Uninstall Start.iminent.com and any suspicious programs from Windows.
For Windows 7 user:
- Click Windows Start→Control Panel → Uninstall a program under Programs.
For Windows XP user:
- Click Windows Start → Control Panel → Add or Remove Programs.
For Windows 8 user:
- Right-click Windows Start (at the lower left corner of your screen) → Control Panel → Uninstall a programunder Programs
- Look for any suspicious programs from the currently installed programs and then click Uninstall.
Start.iminent.com Automatic Removal Tool – SpyHunter
SpyHunter is a top anti-malware/anti-spyware removal program which specially designed to assist the average computer user in protecting their PC from malicious threats. The top removal software can detect, remove and block browser hijacker, adware, spyware, rootkits, keyloggers, Trojans and more. In addition, SpyHunter responds with advanced technology to stay one step ahead of today’s malware threats and offers additional customization capabilities to ensure every user is able to custom tailor SpyHunter to fit their specific needs. Now download SpyHunter to have a full scan of your PC and run it to quickly get rid of Start.iminent.com virus as well as all potential threats.
>> Click button below to free download the top malware removal tool.
Installation procedure of SpyHunter
- Once finished downloading, double-click SpyHunter-Installer.exe on your computer.
- Click Run button.
- Choose the language you prefer and click OK button.
- Click CONTINUE button to go on.
- Now SpyHunter is installing. Please wait for a moment.
- Click FINISH button to finish SpyHunter installation.
- Launch SpyHunter to have a full scan of your PC by clicking Scan Computer Now.
- Once finished scanning, please click Fix Threats button to remove all detected threats.
Note: SpyHunter’s free version only provides free scan and detection to your PC. To get rid of Start.iminent.com and other potential threats, you need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter.
Considering the tricky browser hijacker Start.iminent.com may have modified your browser settings. Therefore, to ensure your PC is thoroughly free from the virus, you’d better reset Chrome/Firefox /IE to default setting.
Reset Google Chrome
- Click the menu button at the top right corner of Chrome and then select Settings from the drop down menu.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click “Show advanced settings”.
- Continue to scroll down to the bottom of the page and click “Reset settings”.
- When a message box pops up as shown below, click Reset button to reset Google Chrome.
- Restart your computer to take effect.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Click the menu button at the top right corner of Firefox and then click the help icon at the lower right corner.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- In the opened window, clickRefresh Firefox button.
- When a message box pops up as shown below, click Refresh Firefox button to reset Mozilla Firefox.
- Restart your PC.
Reset Internet Explorer
- Click the gear icon at the upper right corner of IE and then select Internet options from the drop down menu. (For Windows 8 user)
Note: For Windows 7, Vista, XP user, click Tool menu → Internet Options.
- In the Internet options window, click Advanced tab at the upper right corner and then click Reset button.
- After a window pops up as shown below. Check the Delete personal settings and then click Reset button.
- Then you will see a message box as shown below, click Close button.
- Restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
Mentioned below are 3 steps to avoid malware while browsing the Web:
1.Do not be lazy to update your antivirus software. If antivirus software is not updated, then you are leaving your computer open for all kinds of malicious attacks from the minute of expiration of the software.
2.Do not click on the phishing mails, which shows that you have won something or saying that your account is at risk, which generally creates a sense of urgency. A Phishing mail usually asks for information’s such as usernames, passwords and credit card details by masquerading as a trustworthy entity. No banks or trusted organizations will ask their users to do that.
3.Do not forget to delete system’s cache, passwords or history. Easiest place for a malware like software to hide in the system generally tends to be in the temporary folders where browser cache, passwords or history is stored. If one fails to check this, then the possibility of identity theft and stealing of bank and email information’s are inevitable. If possible try to reset your browser frequently.