What is Search.polimva.com?
Search.polimva.com is identified as a noxious browser hijacker virus created to help third party sites to get higher web ranking and more visitor by increasing web traffics. It is a bogus search engine which serve as an ad-promoter and it only provide advertising results to the system users when the users search anything on this nasty search provider. This unsafe domain will redirect your search queries to some spam or phishing websites which is hosted by the scammers. Therefore, you should never use this insecure search engine to search anything.
In these cases, if you attempt to use Search.polimva.com as a search engine then you will get plenty of bogus advertising banners, unknown pop-up alerts or other false search links to harass the surfing experiences. Whenever such annoying adverts appears in your system screen then Search.polimva.com often redirects your search results to other third party domains or strange websites. The primary purpose of this infection is to promotes lots of advertising web pages and injects various irrelevant advertisements or sponsored links within your trustworthy search results. It is a big and annoying threat to your windows machine. That’s why, you should suggested to eliminate Search.polimva.com from your computer without wasting any time.
Why Search.polimva.com is Dangerous
#1 It will redirect web pages that usually are phishing scam websites and ad-injecting sites.
Search.polimva.com will link users of the affected computers to certain web pages that are not asked by users. When users visit fake websites, they will likely be faced with a requirement for entering their personal information in detail including real name, the email account and password, the mobile phone number and even the credit card number. Once such information is passed on hackers, hackers will gain access to valuable accounts and steal the money. Repetitive advertising contents can also be irritating and risky.
#2 It will change the affected browser’s settings automatically
Search.polimva.com will make unwanted changes to the browser that the user currently uses which is also known as the default browser. The homepage and default search engine will be replaced by this maleficent website without users’ knowledge. Once changed, it is hard to revert those sudden changes.
#3 It will display worthless advertisements all over the web pages recklessly
The affected computer can be severely underpowered and performs sluggishly in that Search.polimva.com mainly displays advertisements with pop-up windows. There could be banner ads, in-text ads and other types of ads on the browser to promote malicious programs. Besides, users’ online activities will be severely disrupted.
#4 It will invite a barrage of malware-laden programs on the computer
A number of strange and unwanted programs will be installed on the compromised computer one after another and users don’t even have the chance to cancel the installation. And then they will clog up the space on the disk and the computer can’t work normally. The screen could freeze frequently.
#5 It will peek at all online activities and expose confidential data to the risk of being stolen
Search.polimva.com stores all data have been generated when users are online and claims that it is for providing better browsing experience and customized service. However, it can also collect crucial data like banking credentials, account names, and passwords. Once cyber criminals obtain such important information, what happens next on the users is bleak.
Proliferation Procedure Of Search.polimva.com:
Downloading several freeware, shareware and drive-by-downloads from various unfamiliar resources.
Opening junk email attachments evolved from several unauthorized person or resource.
Paying visit to several torrents, adult, malicious pop-ups etc.
Upgrading already installed programs or applications from rerouted links
Sharing of files in networking environment and playing online games
Making utilization of infected external storage media from transferring files from one computer system to another.
Downloading pirated software
Not running firewall and security program in the PC.
Dangerous Symptoms Of Search.polimva.com:
Search.polimva.com interrupts the user’s browsing a lot via displaying countless pop-ups onto their browser’s screen in the form of full window banners, pop-ups, background Audio and video ads, transitional in-line text ads etc.
It changes the browser settings such as DNS settings, search provider, homepage etc.
It redirects the user’s searches to several phishing web pages containing more malware infections.
It causes permanent damage to the computer system via overriding the vital registry entries.
It to start it’s execution automatically inside the PC injects it’s vicious codes into the implementable files on the targeted computer system.
Furthermore it makes the system performance extremely dull via consuming all the available resources.
It steals user’s private information and transfer it to the online hackers for marketing purpose.
It also installs additional malwares inside the PC via deactivating the pre-existing system security program.
How to Remove Search.polimva.com from Computer?
Please follow our professional removal steps to quickly get rid of Search.polimva.com. You should know that browser hijacker should be removed from the infected computer as soon as possible in order to prevent further damage created by it. You can choose the manual removal method provided below or use an automatic anti-malware removal tool to eliminate Search.polimva.com and all its malicious files and registry entries.
Free download Search.polimva.com Automatic Removal Tool (Strongly Recommended)
Manual Removal Steps – Only suitable for experienced PC users
Step1: Remove Search.polimva.com from Chrome/Firefox/IE
Remove Search.polimva.com from Chrome
- Click the menu button at the top right corner of Chrome and then choose Settings from the drop down menu.
- In the Settings window, click “Set pages” link of “On startup”.
- Delete Search.polimva.com homepage link “http://Search.polimva.com/” by clicking X icon at the end and then click OK button.
- Return to the Settings window, click “Change” link of “Appearance”.
- Delete the unwanted homepage link “http://Search.polimva.com/ and then click OK button.
- Now, scrolling down, click “Manage search engines” button.
- First, select Google or another preferable one as your default search engine by clicking Make default button. Then remove the unwanted search engine Search.polimva.com by clicking X icon at the end. After finishing the operation, click Done button.
Remove Search.polimva.com from Firefox
- Click the menu button at the top right corner of Firefox and then click Options.
- In the Options window, delete Search.polimva.com homepage link “http://www.Myfavoritesweeps-ipadair-winner2.com/”. Then you can type a preferable page as your new homepage or click “Restore to Default” button.
- Now switch to click Search tab on the left, search for the unwanted search engine Search.polimva.com and then click Remove button to delete it.
Remove Search.polimva.com from IE
- Click the gear icon at the upper right corner of Internet Explorer and then select Internet optionsfrom the drop down menu. (For Windows 8 user)
Note: For Windows 7, Vista, or XP user, click Tools menu and then choose Internet Options from the drop down menu.
- In the Internet options window, delete Search.polimva.com homepage link http://Myfavoritesweeps-ipadair-winner2.com/….Then you can type another desired web address as your new homepage or click Use new tab. After that, click Apply → OK button.
- Open your Internet Explorer again, click the gear icon at the upper right corner and then select Manage add-ons from the drop down menu. (For Windows 8 user)
Note: For Windows 7, Vista, or XP user, click Tools menu and then choose Manage add-ons from the drop down menu.
- In the Manage add-ons window, click Search Providers on the left. Choose Bing or other preferable one as your default search provider by clicking Set as default button. Then click Remove button to delete Myfavoritesweeps-ipadair-winner2.com.
Attention: If you can’t successfully remove Search.polimva.com in this step, you are highly recommended to get rid of this fake search provider with the help of an automatic and professional malware removal tool.
Step2: Fix your Chrome/Firefox/IE shortcut target.
For Chrome user
- Right-click your Chrome shortcut on your Desktop and then selectProperties from the drop down menu.
- In the Properties window, delete all the malicious components behind …\Application\chrome.exe. And then click Apply → OK button
For Firefox user
- Right-click your Firefox shortcut on your Desktop and then select Properties from the list.
- In the Properties window, delete all the harmful components behind …\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe”. And then click Apply → OK button.
For IE user
- Right-click your IE shortcut on your Desktop and then select Properties.
- In the Properties window, delete all the unwanted components behind …\Internet Explorer\iexplorer.exe”.And then click Apply → OK button
Step3: Uninstall Search.polimva.com and any suspicious programs from Windows.
For Windows 7 user:
- Click Windows Start→Control Panel → Uninstall a program under Programs.
For Windows XP user:
- Click Windows Start → Control Panel → Add or Remove Programs.
For Windows 8 user:
- Right-click Windows Start (at the lower left corner of your screen) → Control Panel → Uninstall a programunder Programs
- Look for any suspicious programs from the currently installed programs and then click Uninstall.
Search.polimva.com Automatic Removal Tool – SpyHunter
SpyHunter is a top anti-malware/anti-spyware removal program which specially designed to assist the average computer user in protecting their PC from malicious threats. The top removal software can detect, remove and block browser hijacker, adware, spyware, rootkits, keyloggers, Trojans and more. In addition, SpyHunter responds with advanced technology to stay one step ahead of today’s malware threats and offers additional customization capabilities to ensure every user is able to custom tailor SpyHunter to fit their specific needs. Now download SpyHunter to have a full scan of your PC and run it to quickly get rid of Search.polimva.com virus as well as all potential threats.
>> Click button below to free download the top malware removal tool.
Installation procedure of SpyHunter
- Once finished downloading, double-click SpyHunter-Installer.exe on your computer.
- Click Run button.
- Choose the language you prefer and click OK button.
- Click CONTINUE button to go on.
- Now SpyHunter is installing. Please wait for a moment.
- Click FINISH button to finish SpyHunter installation.
- Launch SpyHunter to have a full scan of your PC by clicking Scan Computer Now.
- Once finished scanning, please click Fix Threats button to remove all detected threats.
Note: SpyHunter’s free version only provides free scan and detection to your PC. To get rid of Myfavoritesweeps-ipadair-winner2.com and other potential threats, you need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter.
Considering the tricky browser hijacker Search.polimva.com may have modified your browser settings. Therefore, to ensure your PC is thoroughly free from the virus, you’d better reset Chrome/Firefox /IE to default setting.
Reset Google Chrome
- Click the menu button at the top right corner of Chrome and then select Settings from the drop down menu.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click “Show advanced settings”.
- Continue to scroll down to the bottom of the page and click “Reset settings”.
- When a message box pops up as shown below, click Reset button to reset Google Chrome.
- Restart your computer to take effect.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
- Click the menu button at the top right corner of Firefox and then click the help icon at the lower right corner.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- In the opened window, clickRefresh Firefox button.
- When a message box pops up as shown below, click Refresh Firefox button to reset Mozilla Firefox.
- Restart your PC.
Reset Internet Explorer
- Click the gear icon at the upper right corner of IE and then select Internet options from the drop down menu. (For Windows 8 user)
Note: For Windows 7, Vista, XP user, click Tool menu → Internet Options.
- In the Internet options window, click Advanced tab at the upper right corner and then click Reset button.
- After a window pops up as shown below. Check the Delete personal settings and then click Reset button.
- Then you will see a message box as shown below, click Close button.
- Restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
Mentioned below are 3 steps to avoid malware while browsing the Web:
1.Don’t use a single password and PIN everywhere. No one uses same key for house, car, office, briefcase and deposit box. Generally, most of the people use different keys. Suppose one uses the same PIN everywhere, then an opportunity is being created for a thief to unlock every door.
2.Do not login (into) third party applications that ask for email logins. Third party applications are programs written to work within operating systems, but are written by individuals or companies other than the providers of the operating system.
3.Do not click on pop-ups that appear while browsing the web. Those pop-ups may contain malware which can be automatically downloaded to the PC. Pop-up ads are a form of advertising intended to attract web traffic or capture email addresses.