What is Search.powersearch.online?
Search.powersearch.online is recognized as browser hijacker which is created by the third party hackers. They use this page for promotional purpose and aims to increase the network traffic of the site illegally. In the first look, Search.powersearch.online may seems like a legitimate page but it is completely unsafe for the system performance. It is also possible that you will find changes in the homepage browser, search engine and other default settings of the PC. During the Internet session, it will display various types of pop ups, advertisements, banner ads and asks the users to download free softwares, videos or music files. It claims to provide best working experience to the users by enabling advanced software. Search.powersearch.online is not a legitimate domain, so you need to remove it quickly from the PC to avoid future hazards.
To be more specific, Search.powersearch.online has basic motive to increase suspicious website and generate lots of revenue for the web hackers. It is an infectious threat which prevent you to use Bing, Yahoo or Google like search engine. In fact, it itself will present to you as search engine that records your keystrokes and starts to display countless popup ads, sponsored products, commercial ads, contextual links etc. which are completely fake and are just shown to flood your PC screen. This would prevent you to perform any activity and hampers your web surfing experience badly and let it go worst for you.
Apart from this, Search.powersearch.online changes entire system settings and causes chaos into machine. It is a noxious infection which disables task manager as well as other security programs and also turn off firewall settings. It weakens security of the infected computer and open backdoor of the PC to make entry of harmful threats such as trojan, worm, rootkit, virus and many more. These threats often corrupts windows machine harshly and make system useless for permanent. Hence, it is urgently required to delete Search.powersearch.online as soon as possible without any time wastage.
Things You Should Know About
Most victims seek help online about how to get rid of Search.powersearch.online from their PCs. But few of them care about how their PCs get infected with browser hijacker or other malware. Here, I would like say that it is also important for us to know about how to prevent PC from malware infection. Why I say that? Nowadays, tons of malicious programs are created by hackers or cyber criminals to exploit computer vulnerabilities so that they can quickly invade users’ PCs. If we don’t form a good habit when surfing the Internet, our computers will still face the risk of infecting malware again. To protect our PCs from malware infection, first we should know that how does malware enter our PCs. Malicious browser hijacker like Search.powersearch.online often comes bundled with spam email attachments, suspicious links, pop ups, malicious sites, freeware downloads, files-sharing software, etc. However, your PC is mostly infected with Search.powersearch.online due to you pay no attention to the installation process of free software. Because some rogue applications often concea
l in freeware. If you are not enough careful, the unwanted programs will install on your computer along with the chosen software.
Distribution Method of Search.powersearch.online
It is very tricky virus which compromises the targeted computer. First of all, it enters system silently without user’s consent. Other than this, when you open any unsafe mail attachment, it sneaks into the computer. It also invades into the system whenever you visit any infectious site and shared torrents files on forum. Moreover, it also takes on some other noxious virus with itself such as adware, Trojan, worms etc. So, you should always be careful while performing any task online. Thus, only then you can protect your system from infection.
Harmful Disorder of Search.powersearch.online
It performs lots of awful tasks to put system at worst situation. Below given some of the major destructive traits of this virus.
Reduction in speed and performance of system.
Disable task manager and control panel.
Modify registry entries of system
Hijacks web browsers installed in the system.
Track online and offline activity of user.
Steal credential information of user.
Search.powersearch.online browser hijacker removal guide
If your computer is infected with this browser hijacker, follow the instructions below to get rid of it from the PC. Have tried many manual methods but the virus is still there Try advanced anti-malware software as mentioned below to detect and delete the threats completely.
Step1:Run SpyHunter to find and delete Search.powersearch.online
Step2:Uninstall potentially unwanted programs via Control Panel
Step3:Remove suspicious add-ons/extensions from browsers
Step4:Repair the default homepage and search engine
Step5:Delete Search.powersearch.online from browser shortcuts
Note: With the steps above, Search.powersearch.online should disappear from your PC. When your computer is infected with such unwanted software and you find the regular manual methods fail to work, use SpyHunter and the problem can be fixed soon. They can find and remove Search.powersearch.online completelyfrom your PC with only a few clicks.
Step1:Run SpyHunter to find and delete Search.powersearch.online
SpyHunter is an anti-malware program that can detect and remove browser hijackers, adware, spyware and other malware completely. It provides you free malware detection. Follow the steps below to delete the infections within your system by using SpyHunter:
- Click here to download SpyHunter.
- SpyHunter starts to scan your system for malware. The scanning may take a few minutes to finish.
- Once done, all the threats on your PC will be showed in the scan results. The tool provides you with brief info and related infections of the threats. You can expand to view more details about the malware. To clear the infections, click on the Fix Threats button.
- You need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter to completely wipe out Search.powersearch.online and other infections.
Step2: Uninstall potentially unwanted programs via Control Panel
Some other additional programs may come along with the browser hijacker.To free up your hard disk space and prevent from further problems, please uninstall those uninvited programs via Control Panel.
- Click on Start button and select Settings.
- Click on Systems.
- Select Apps & Features. All the installed programs will be displayed on the right
- Find any program that you don’t want, select it and click on Uninstall button
- Click on Uninstall in the pop-up to confirm the removal. Remove the unwanted programs with the given instructions completely.
- Use Windows key + X key combination to bring up the Power User Menu.
- Select Programs and Features from the menu.
- Search for the program s that may come along with Search.powersearch.online browser hijacker, select them and click on Uninstall button.
- Follow the prompts to completely remove the unwanted programs.
- Click on Start button and choose Control Panel.
- Click on Uninstall a program under Programs category (View by: Category) or Programs and Features(View by: Large icons).
- Find the programs that were installed without permission, select them and click on Uninstall button one by one.
- Complete the removal by following the instructions on the screen.
- Click on Start button and select Control Panel.
- Double click on Add/Remove Programs.
- Select any program unfamiliar to you that was installed recently, click on Remove button.
- Follow the instructions to complete the uninstallation.
Note: If the programs can’t be removed from Control Panel as usual, you may consider using an advanced malware removal tool to uninstall them thoroughly. For the sake of your PC, it’s not suggested that you leave these unexpected programs on the PC.
Step3:Remove suspicious add-ons/extensions from browsers
Sometimes Search.powersearch.online browser hijacker may be caused by certain browser extensions/add-ons. Follow the guide below to disable or remove the harmful add-ons/extensions.
- Click on Tools or the IE menu (gear icon) button, and then click Manage Add-ons from the menu.
- Click on Toolbars and Extensions under Add-on Types.
- Remove any add-on that is unfamiliar to you by selecting it and clicking on the Remove button.
- Click on Tools on the menu bar or the Mozilla Firefox menu button and then select Add-ons.
- In the Add-ons Manager page, click on Extensions on the left side.
- Find any unwanted add-on and remove it by clicking on Remove button next to it.
- Click on the Chrome menu button in the top right corner of the browser and then select More Tools ->Extensions.
- Find any extension related to Search.powersearch.online or strange to you and click chrome-trashcan-icon to remove it.
Step4: Repair the default homepage and search engine
If your default homepage and search engine have been changed to Search.powersearch.online, follow the guide below to reset them.
- Click on the Tools or the IE menu button (gear icon) and click Internet Options.
- Click on the General tab, check Home page field and delete Search.powersearch.online if it is there. Then enter the address of the website that you’d like to set as the default homepage instead. Click OK to save the changes.
- Click on Tools on the menu bar or the IE menu button (gear icon) and select Manage add-ons.
- Click on Search Providers under Add-on Types. If any unwanted search engine is listed there, select it and click Remove button and then click Close. Choose a search engine you want and click Set as default to set it as the default search provider.
- Click on Tools or the Firefox menu button and select Options from the drop-down menu.
- Click on the General on the left side. Under Startup, make sure When Firefox starts: is set to Show my home page. Delete Search.powersearch.online from the Home Page field if you see it there. Then enter the address of your preferred website.
- Click on Search on the left side. Under Default Search Engines section, select the one you’d like to set as the default search engine by clicking on the arrow icon.
- Under One-click search engines section, select the search engine you you don’t want and click on Removebutton. Close the page and the changes will be saved.
- Click on Chrome menu button and select Settings.
- Under On startup, select Open a specific page or set of pages and click the Set pages. Delete Search.powersearch.online and enter the URL of your preferred page in the blank field and click on OK to save the changes.
- Scroll down to the Appearance section, click on the Change link. If any unwanted URL is displayed there, please delete it by clicking on the “X” button. Then type the address of the website you’d like in the editable field and click on OK button.
- Scroll down to the Search section, click on the arrow button and select the search engine that you want. It will become you default search engine.
- To delete the unwanted search engine, click on Manage search engines… link. Delete the search engine you want to remove by clicking on the “X” icon. Click on OK button to save the changes.
Step5: Delete Search.powersearch.online from browser shortcuts
The browser hijacker may add an argument like Search.powersearch.online to your browser shortcuts.In this way, the site can open automatically every time you start the browser. To fix the issue, you need to delete the annoying argument from the browser shortcuts as below:
- Locate to your IE/Chrome/Firefox shortcut icon on the desktop, right click on it and select Properties.
- Check the shortcut path and make sure there are no extra characters like the URL of the browser hijacker behind the target path (e.g. “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe”.) If any harmful content is found, please delete it and then click on OK to save the changes.
Mentioned below are 3 steps to avoid malware while browsing the Web:
1.Don’t use a single password and PIN everywhere. No one uses same key for house, car, office, briefcase and deposit box. Generally, most of the people use different keys. Suppose one uses the same PIN everywhere, then an opportunity is being created for a thief to unlock every door.
2.Do not login (into) third party applications that ask for email logins. Third party applications are programs written to work within operating systems, but are written by individuals or companies other than the providers of the operating system.
3.Do not click on pop-ups that appear while browsing the web. Those pop-ups may contain malware which can be automatically downloaded to the PC. Pop-up ads are a form of advertising intended to attract web traffic or capture email addresses.