What is Trovi Search?
Don’t be panic here you will get complete solution related to this threat, actually the identified threat Trovi Search is a type of malware program which belongs to browser hijacker family. Such type of domains are specially designed by hackers with intention hijack victims default homepage and take over their browser in order to hijack victims system resources, their browsing activities and other sensitive informations to share with its distributors. This harmful malware may put your computer at high security risk. After invasion it will make huge changes with browsers settings in order to exploit system privacy and make computer vulnerable. Whenever this Trovi Search browser hijacker will exists on your computer till you can’t surf Internet properly, your online activities may always redirected to unsafe and contaminated sites that you never wish to visits.
Trovi Search is capable to allow numerous other infectious threat easily invading your compromised system and lately make it corrupt. You will be always hijacked to unknown and illegal websites without any prior notifications. Trovi Search will block all the running active and processing applications and programs. What’s more severe, this malicious threat will bring modifications in essential system settings mainly to degrade system performance. In order to get rid with all the above mentioned system’s issues, you are advised to take all the possible ways to remove Trovi Search instantly.
Why Need to Remove Trovi Search?
- Trovi Search can interfere with your normal online activities. It blocks some popular and security related sites and forces you to search the Internet through the reputable search engines like Google, Bing and Yahoo.
- Besides, this browser hijacker can affect stability of your browser. It can cause frequent errors and overall performance problems, and may also prevent other plug-ins on your browser from working normally.
- In addition, this browser hijacker can reduce security level of your browser. It will modify various types of settings on your browser, which may bring potential risks. For example, other types of malware can attack your PC via the browser vulnerabilities more easily.
- This browser hijacker would violate your privacy, too. It records your personal information, tracks your browsing habits using cookies, and then discloses that information to third-party advertisers. This information may include your IP address, location, browser type, interested sites, recent search terms, clicked ads, and more.
- This browser hijacker can show you many annoying popup ads. It generates popup ads on your pages, or redirects you to some unknown websites that keeps displaying endless ads.
- The browser hijacker may bring other PUPs (potentially unwanted programs). When your pages are full of popup ads, it is very easy that your accidentally click on any of them. As a result of clicking the ads, you might directly download PUPs on your PC.
Risky symptoms of Trovi Search :
Make changes with your browser settings
Slow down the performance of your computer system
Hang your PC in between of work
Add some ussless extension, toolbar, bookmarks to your browser’s
Allow other virus to damage your PC
Hackers can take access over your PC
Trovi Search browser hijacker removal guide
If your computer is infected with this browser hijacker, follow the instructions below to get rid of it from the PC. Have tried many manual methods but the virus is still there Try advanced anti-malware software as mentioned below to detect and delete the threats completely.
Step1:Run SpyHunter to find and delete Trovi Search
Step2:Uninstall potentially unwanted programs via Control Panel
Step3:Remove suspicious add-ons/extensions from browsers
Step4:Repair the default homepage and search engine
Step5:Delete Trovi Search from browser shortcuts
Note: With the steps above, Trovi Search should disappear from your PC. When your computer is infected with such unwanted software and you find the regular manual methods fail to work, use SpyHunter and the problem can be fixed soon. They can find and remove Trovi Search completelyfrom your PC with only a few clicks.
Step1:Run SpyHunter to find and delete Trovi Search
SpyHunter is an anti-malware program that can detect and remove browser hijackers, adware, spyware and other malware completely. It provides you free malware detection. Follow the steps below to delete the infections within your system by using SpyHunter:
- Click here to download SpyHunter.
- SpyHunter starts to scan your system for malware. The scanning may take a few minutes to finish.
- Once done, all the threats on your PC will be showed in the scan results. The tool provides you with brief info and related infections of the threats. You can expand to view more details about the malware. To clear the infections, click on the Fix Threats button.
- You need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter to completely wipe out Trovi Search and other infections.
Step2: Uninstall potentially unwanted programs via Control Panel
Some other additional programs may come along with the browser hijacker.To free up your hard disk space and prevent from further problems, please uninstall those uninvited programs via Control Panel.
- Click on Start button and select Settings.
- Click on Systems.
- Select Apps & Features. All the installed programs will be displayed on the right
- Find any program that you don’t want, select it and click on Uninstall button
- Click on Uninstall in the pop-up to confirm the removal. Remove the unwanted programs with the given instructions completely.
- Use Windows key + X key combination to bring up the Power User Menu.
- Select Programs and Features from the menu.
- Search for the program s that may come along with Trovi Search browser hijacker, select them and click on Uninstall button.
- Follow the prompts to completely remove the unwanted programs.
- Click on Start button and choose Control Panel.
- Click on Uninstall a program under Programs category (View by: Category) or Programs and Features(View by: Large icons).
- Find the programs that were installed without permission, select them and click on Uninstall button one by one.
- Complete the removal by following the instructions on the screen.
- Click on Start button and select Control Panel.
- Double click on Add/Remove Programs.
- Select any program unfamiliar to you that was installed recently, click on Remove button.
- Follow the instructions to complete the uninstallation.
Note: If the programs can’t be removed from Control Panel as usual, you may consider using an advanced malware removal tool to uninstall them thoroughly. For the sake of your PC, it’s not suggested that you leave these unexpected programs on the PC.
Step3:Remove suspicious add-ons/extensions from browsers
Sometimes Trovi Search browser hijacker may be caused by certain browser extensions/add-ons. Follow the guide below to disable or remove the harmful add-ons/extensions.
- Click on Tools or the IE menu (gear icon) button, and then click Manage Add-ons from the menu.
- Click on Toolbars and Extensions under Add-on Types.
- Remove any add-on that is unfamiliar to you by selecting it and clicking on the Remove button.
- Click on Tools on the menu bar or the Mozilla Firefox menu button and then select Add-ons.
- In the Add-ons Manager page, click on Extensions on the left side.
- Find any unwanted add-on and remove it by clicking on Remove button next to it.
- Click on the Chrome menu button in the top right corner of the browser and then select More Tools ->Extensions.
- Find any extension related to Trovi Search or strange to you and click chrome-trashcan-icon to remove it.
Step4: Repair the default homepage and search engine
If your default homepage and search engine have been changed to Trovi Search, follow the guide below to reset them.
- Click on the Tools or the IE menu button (gear icon) and click Internet Options.
- Click on the General tab, check Home page field and delete Trovi Search if it is there. Then enter the address of the website that you’d like to set as the default homepage instead. Click OK to save the changes.
- Click on Tools on the menu bar or the IE menu button (gear icon) and select Manage add-ons.
- Click on Search Providers under Add-on Types. If any unwanted search engine is listed there, select it and click Remove button and then click Close. Choose a search engine you want and click Set as default to set it as the default search provider.
- Click on Tools or the Firefox menu button and select Options from the drop-down menu.
- Click on the General on the left side. Under Startup, make sure When Firefox starts: is set to Show my home page. Delete Trovi Search from the Home Page field if you see it there. Then enter the address of your preferred website.
- Click on Search on the left side. Under Default Search Engines section, select the one you’d like to set as the default search engine by clicking on the arrow icon.
- Under One-click search engines section, select the search engine you you don’t want and click on Removebutton. Close the page and the changes will be saved.
- Click on Chrome menu button and select Settings.
- Under On startup, select Open a specific page or set of pages and click the Set pages. Delete Trovi Search and enter the URL of your preferred page in the blank field and click on OK to save the changes.
- Scroll down to the Appearance section, click on the Change link. If any unwanted URL is displayed there, please delete it by clicking on the “X” button. Then type the address of the website you’d like in the editable field and click on OK button.
- Scroll down to the Search section, click on the arrow button and select the search engine that you want. It will become you default search engine.
- To delete the unwanted search engine, click on Manage search engines… link. Delete the search engine you want to remove by clicking on the “X” icon. Click on OK button to save the changes.
Step5: Delete Trovi Search from browser shortcuts
The browser hijacker may add an argument like Trovi Search to your browser shortcuts.In this way, the site can open automatically every time you start the browser. To fix the issue, you need to delete the annoying argument from the browser shortcuts as below:
- Locate to your IE/Chrome/Firefox shortcut icon on the desktop, right click on it and select Properties.
- Check the shortcut path and make sure there are no extra characters like the URL of the browser hijacker behind the target path (e.g. “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe”.) If any harmful content is found, please delete it and then click on OK to save the changes.
Mentioned below are 3 steps to avoid malware while browsing the Web:
1.Don’t use a single password and PIN everywhere. No one uses same key for house, car, office, briefcase and deposit box. Generally, most of the people use different keys. Suppose one uses the same PIN everywhere, then an opportunity is being created for a thief to unlock every door.
2.Do not login (into) third party applications that ask for email logins. Third party applications are programs written to work within operating systems, but are written by individuals or companies other than the providers of the operating system.
3.Do not click on pop-ups that appear while browsing the web. Those pop-ups may contain malware which can be automatically downloaded to the PC. Pop-up ads are a form of advertising intended to attract web traffic or capture email addresses.