What is Search.wallpaperscollection.pro?
Actually Search.wallpaperscollection.pro is a browser hijacker, which appears as a real engine to deceive Internet users. It has the ability to most popular browsers like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, etc. hijack Usually the user have no idea about the arrival and installation of these malicious programs because it does not rely on manual operations to install on a computer. When a user visits malicious or illegal websites, download free software online, games, videos, utility tools and downloading an unknown Spam e-mail than it is to infiltrate the evil infection success in the computer victim.
Moreover, presence of malicious Search.wallpaperscollection.pro will even damage users web browser setting and its working components. It will even destroy the browser default homepage and change it to Search.wallpaperscollection.pro. Apart from that, nasty infection will also lead to create series of shortcuts on your PC desktop. Not only this but also, the noxious infection will create its own registry entry inside the targeted system with the sole motive to get executed automatically. Beside that, malicious infection has also the potential to damage your working web directory. Hence, you should immediately remove Search.wallpaperscollection.pro from your computer. Otherwise, the time is not far when all your confidential information gets hacked and accessed without any intimation.
Why Is Search.wallpaperscollection.pro Dangerous ?
Believe it or not, there is potential risk in all of browser hijackers. But some of users tend to choose to ignore the settings change even after they notice the installation of browser hijacker. If you have a tendency to surf the web many times, then you could be annoyed by this browser hijacker as it continue redirecting web pages, making you unable to reach the website you want to visit. As it is mentioned above, Search.wallpaperscollection.pro will show random pop up ads under the search box. The pop up ads contain two pop up windows. If you are not capable of dealing with browser hijackers, and because it block browser settings to stop you from changing them back, it will control all new tabs. If you are one of inexperienced users, chances are you are not notice the infection that you do not really like. And you probably have this browser hijacker on computer. However, you keep using this search engine to browse, you will get random pop up contents and insecure search results. But being a victim of this browser hijacker is not jus
t about getting endless pop up ads, there could be many other troubles in your browsing and even on computer that you do not have the patience to solve. They could be annoying shortcuts or unwanted installation, and things which you do not have control over.
As mentioned in one of the previous signs, Search.wallpaperscollection.pro virus is incredibly annoying because it adds a lot of shortcuts on desktop. Even all those programs are not installed on system, they all get chance to be installed when any one of their shortcut is clicked. It gives you no chance to escape. Some browser hijackers have evolved so much recently that you actually feel as if you are using a safe search engine when they act like normal. As a matter of fact, all the details you upload and transfer may be collected by browser hijacker silently. You are making your personal details visible, and that is because browser hijacker is spying on what you do. Although you have realized the dangers of its dangerous features, you may have no ability to stop them. The unwanted shortcuts will continue showing up. Even you have already deleted some, the new shortcuts will be saved constantly. With so many uncertainties, you may be petrified of taking actions. When you face uncertain situations, you tend to start hurrying and start
to try what you know to solve the problem. The truth is that, if you do not know hoe to solve the problem, the more you do, the more dangerous it will be. Thus, no matter the search engine you get on computer is dangerous or not, the most effective to avoid any loss is to remove it and clean computer completely. In this reason, once you can not make sure Search.wallpaperscollection.pro is safe, you should get rid of Search.wallpaperscollection.pro in time to avoid loss.
Negative impacts of Search.wallpaperscollection.pro?
It will replace search engine and change browser homepage without users permission
It will redirect the visited website towards some unknown web-pages
It consumes big part of computer resource and degrade system performance
It can add some more unwanted program which can create more trouble
It helps hackers to remotely track victims browsing activities
How to protect PC from Search.wallpaperscollection.pro?
Unfortunately there is not a single way through which this threat invade your PC. It can be injected in your PC through different source. In order to prevent your PC from this infection you have to be very careful while surfing Internet. It can be send in your system through some Spam email. So whenever you get such unknown email then avoid opening its attachment. These kinds of threat also comes bundled with some free downloaded files. So if you have downloaded such files then there is a great chance that the software contains this threat. So always download software or other things from reputable sites only. Besides that hackers also hide these virus in some restricted, adult, hacked and other unsafe site. So you must avoid visiting such site if you really want to protect your PC.
Search.wallpaperscollection.pro browser hijacker removal guide
If your computer is infected with this browser hijacker, follow the instructions below to get rid of it from the PC. Have tried many manual methods but the virus is still there Try advanced anti-malware software as mentioned below to detect and delete the threats completely.
Step1:Run SpyHunter to find and delete Search.wallpaperscollection.pro
Step2:Uninstall potentially unwanted programs via Control Panel
Step3:Remove suspicious add-ons/extensions from browsers
Step4:Repair the default homepage and search engine
Step5:Delete Search.wallpaperscollection.pro from browser shortcuts
Note: With the steps above, Search.wallpaperscollection.pro should disappear from your PC. When your computer is infected with such unwanted software and you find the regular manual methods fail to work, use SpyHunter and the problem can be fixed soon. They can find and remove Search.wallpaperscollection.pro completelyfrom your PC with only a few clicks.
Step1:Run SpyHunter to find and delete Search.wallpaperscollection.pro
SpyHunter is an anti-malware program that can detect and remove browser hijackers, adware, spyware and other malware completely. It provides you free malware detection. Follow the steps below to delete the infections within your system by using SpyHunter:
- Click here to download SpyHunter.
- SpyHunter starts to scan your system for malware. The scanning may take a few minutes to finish.
- Once done, all the threats on your PC will be showed in the scan results. The tool provides you with brief info and related infections of the threats. You can expand to view more details about the malware. To clear the infections, click on the Fix Threats button.
- You need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter to completely wipe out Search.wallpaperscollection.pro and other infections.
Step2: Uninstall potentially unwanted programs via Control Panel
Some other additional programs may come along with the browser hijacker.To free up your hard disk space and prevent from further problems, please uninstall those uninvited programs via Control Panel.
- Click on Start button and select Settings.
- Click on Systems.
- Select Apps & Features. All the installed programs will be displayed on the right
- Find any program that you don’t want, select it and click on Uninstall button
- Click on Uninstall in the pop-up to confirm the removal. Remove the unwanted programs with the given instructions completely.
- Use Windows key + X key combination to bring up the Power User Menu.
- Select Programs and Features from the menu.
- Search for the program s that may come along with Search.wallpaperscollection.pro browser hijacker, select them and click on Uninstall button.
- Follow the prompts to completely remove the unwanted programs.
- Click on Start button and choose Control Panel.
- Click on Uninstall a program under Programs category (View by: Category) or Programs and Features(View by: Large icons).
- Find the programs that were installed without permission, select them and click on Uninstall button one by one.
- Complete the removal by following the instructions on the screen.
- Click on Start button and select Control Panel.
- Double click on Add/Remove Programs.
- Select any program unfamiliar to you that was installed recently, click on Remove button.
- Follow the instructions to complete the uninstallation.
Note: If the programs can’t be removed from Control Panel as usual, you may consider using an advanced malware removal tool to uninstall them thoroughly. For the sake of your PC, it’s not suggested that you leave these unexpected programs on the PC.
Step3:Remove suspicious add-ons/extensions from browsers
Sometimes Search.wallpaperscollection.pro browser hijacker may be caused by certain browser extensions/add-ons. Follow the guide below to disable or remove the harmful add-ons/extensions.
- Click on Tools or the IE menu (gear icon) button, and then click Manage Add-ons from the menu.
- Click on Toolbars and Extensions under Add-on Types.
- Remove any add-on that is unfamiliar to you by selecting it and clicking on the Remove button.
- Click on Tools on the menu bar or the Mozilla Firefox menu button and then select Add-ons.
- In the Add-ons Manager page, click on Extensions on the left side.
- Find any unwanted add-on and remove it by clicking on Remove button next to it.
- Click on the Chrome menu button in the top right corner of the browser and then select More Tools ->Extensions.
- Find any extension related to Search.wallpaperscollection.pro or strange to you and click chrome-trashcan-icon to remove it.
Step4: Repair the default homepage and search engine
If your default homepage and search engine have been changed to Search.wallpaperscollection.pro, follow the guide below to reset them.
- Click on the Tools or the IE menu button (gear icon) and click Internet Options.
- Click on the General tab, check Home page field and delete Search.wallpaperscollection.pro if it is there. Then enter the address of the website that you’d like to set as the default homepage instead. Click OK to save the changes.
- Click on Tools on the menu bar or the IE menu button (gear icon) and select Manage add-ons.
- Click on Search Providers under Add-on Types. If any unwanted search engine is listed there, select it and click Remove button and then click Close. Choose a search engine you want and click Set as default to set it as the default search provider.
- Click on Tools or the Firefox menu button and select Options from the drop-down menu.
- Click on the General on the left side. Under Startup, make sure When Firefox starts: is set to Show my home page. Delete Search.wallpaperscollection.pro from the Home Page field if you see it there. Then enter the address of your preferred website.
- Click on Search on the left side. Under Default Search Engines section, select the one you’d like to set as the default search engine by clicking on the arrow icon.
- Under One-click search engines section, select the search engine you you don’t want and click on Removebutton. Close the page and the changes will be saved.
- Click on Chrome menu button and select Settings.
- Under On startup, select Open a specific page or set of pages and click the Set pages. Delete Search.wallpaperscollection.pro and enter the URL of your preferred page in the blank field and click on OK to save the changes.
- Scroll down to the Appearance section, click on the Change link. If any unwanted URL is displayed there, please delete it by clicking on the “X” button. Then type the address of the website you’d like in the editable field and click on OK button.
- Scroll down to the Search section, click on the arrow button and select the search engine that you want. It will become you default search engine.
- To delete the unwanted search engine, click on Manage search engines… link. Delete the search engine you want to remove by clicking on the “X” icon. Click on OK button to save the changes.
Step5: Delete Search.wallpaperscollection.pro from browser shortcuts
The browser hijacker may add an argument like Search.wallpaperscollection.pro to your browser shortcuts.In this way, the site can open automatically every time you start the browser. To fix the issue, you need to delete the annoying argument from the browser shortcuts as below:
- Locate to your IE/Chrome/Firefox shortcut icon on the desktop, right click on it and select Properties.
- Check the shortcut path and make sure there are no extra characters like the URL of the browser hijacker behind the target path (e.g. “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe”.) If any harmful content is found, please delete it and then click on OK to save the changes.
Mentioned below are 4 steps to avoid malware while browsing the Web:
1.Do not open a fraudulent email or spam mails. Clicking on a fraudulent email will allow the cyber criminals to easily access your computer. Also never access any account information like bank info through email links which can allow access to your account information. Also ensure to have a back up for emails like how you keep record of important hard copy documents. Make sure that all the attachments are scanned before opening them.
2.Do not forget to log out of any account that you have logged in, especially when you are at a cybercafé.
3.Do not download free stuff like screen saver, videos and pictures from other websites. Downloading free stuffs from unknown website can dangerously harm your computer. Suddenly the computer begins to slow down as malicious software’s come along with those downloads. And always access safe websites to download useful information or data.
4.Do not allow an unknown person in your social networking accounts like Twitter and Facebook. Social networking websites have become a craze in the modern generation. Hence, protecting one’s identity and account is really important with increasing threats on the Internet.