What is SpeedOptimizerGuru?
SpeedOptimizerGuru is deemed as a deceptive potential unwanted application which may install itself into your system without giving any information. As early as this program is penetrated then it starts bombards thousands of users by displaying creepy or unsolicited pop-up advertisements. This nasty potential infection may primarily modify the settings of your web browsers such as Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer or some others. In many ways, SpeedOptimizerGuru usually adds in forms of additional plug-ins, add-ons, browser extensions and often bundled together with number of free applications like download managers, video players and other peer to peer file sharing data etc. After this, you feel very frustrated and hopeless why SpeedOptimizerGuru bug diverts you to some insecure domains rapidly.
The worse impact of SpeedOptimizerGuru is that, this associated one is generally lurk user’s machine along with tons of excessive phishing mails attachments, infectious malware attacks and other illegal social engineering techniques. You found that your recent or trustworthy home page is accidentally rerouted with unethical advertised websites whenever you try to launch your several personal browsers. In majority ways, such released pop-ups or inline links are extremely very bogus and stubborn which has ability to embeds lots of hazardous codes to interfere with your surfing activities and degrade down your browser performance. Such malign adverts are designed by cyber criminals with solely aiming to enhance the web traffics and earn more vicious online revenue by promoting annoying advertisements. In such result, it will add junk files to overly consumes your system resources. Therefore, it is recommend you to uninstall SpeedOptimizerGuru before this one creates lots of threatening issues on the PC.
Why You Need to Remove SpeedOptimizerGuru?
When your computer gets infected by this adware program, you may encounter some unpleasant problems which are listed as below:
- Many pop-up ads appear on the browsers.
This adware is designed to display a lot of ads on your browsers. These ads will pop up on the websites that you are visiting from time to time, which may disturb your online activities. Ads delivered by this adware program may not be effectively blocked even though you have set your browsers to block pop-up ads.
- Other malware programs get installed on your PC.
When staying on your PC, this adware program may deliver various ads on your browsers. Some of them are safe for you to click; while some are not. If you accidentally click on ads that redirect you to malicious sites, you might unwittingly download malware programs on your computer. These malware programs may modify your security settings, damage your files and even steal your personal information and data.
- Computer performance is decreased.
The adware program and other malware programs brought by it may consume your system resources, which would slow down your computer performance. If you don’t remove the adware and other potentially unwanted programs, your computer will run slower and slower as time goes by. Besides, the computer system may suffer from problems like freezing, crashing down and restarting itself.
- Personal information is collected and sent to unknown people.
The adware program has the capability of collecting your personal information (such as your IP address, search queries and most-visited sites) and sending it to its creators via a specific server. That information may be sold to other third parties for marketing purpose. That is the reason why most ads displayed by the adware program are relevant to your recent browsing activities.
Harmful impacts of SpeedOptimizerGuru are as follow :
This threat bombards the user’s browser’s screen with tons of annoying commercial pop-up ads.
It resets the user’s preset browser’s settings including the default homepage, search engine and DNS settings.
Blocks some of desired websites by unknown reason.
This pup keeps constantly redirecting the users to various questionable domain.
It keeps track of the user’s online activities and sniff the user’s personal stuff. Then this sniffed information is transferred to the online marketing agent for practicing numerous unethical activities.
Diminishes the PC’s working efficiency badly by taking up plenty of system resources.
This threat decelerates the browsing speed badly
It deactivates the user’s installed antivirus programs and injects numerous other potentially unwanted programs inside it.
Now after seeing such disastrous impact of this threat, it would be not wrong to claim it very harmful for the PC. Thus in order to avoid such vulnerabilities, reduce crashes and ensure optimal browsing experience it is quite essential to remove SpeedOptimizerGuru immediately from the PC. Regarding this purpose it is advised to use either ‘Manual Removal Method’ or ‘Automatic Removal Tool’.
To implement ‘Manual Removal Method’, users need to follow the below mentioned steps :
First of all user should change system folder settings to show all hidden files.
Then they should search for and remove vicious files generated by this threat on C hard drive.
In the next step user should remove this threat and other unwanted programs from Control Panel.
Finally at last user should eliminate SpeedOptimizerGuru from browsers.
Several Steps to Completely Remove SpeedOptimizerGuru
To make sure you can 100% get rid of SpeedOptimizerGuru from your PC, we highly recommend you to use a Professional Malware Removal Tool. But we still provide the manual removal methods to you.
(Note: The manual removal methods only recommended to computer experts or experienced computer users who are good at dealing with computer problems. If you are a computer novice, you’d better use an automatic removal tool – SpyHunter. SpeedOptimizerGuru is not a simple adware program. It creates a lot of harmful files and folders into your registry editor which are hard to be completely deleted.)
Remove SpeedOptimizerGuru With SpyHunter – Quick & Complete
SpyHunter is a top anti-malware program certified by West Coast Labs’ Checkmark Certification System which can help you detect and remove all types of malware including adware, virus, spyware, worm, Trojans, browser hijacker, rootkits and more. SpyHunter responds with industry-leading innovative technologies to stay one step ahead of today’s malware threats and offers additional customization capabilities to ensure every user is able to custom tailor SpyHunter to fit their specific needs. With SpyHunter, you can browse the web safely and quickly. SpyHunter provides a real-time protection against malware and blocks hacking and phishing attempts. No malicious programs can bypass the detection of SpyHunter. Research shows that more than 50 million users keep their PCs secure with SpyHunter.
How SpyHunter Can Benefit You
Quickly detect and remove SpeedOptimizerGuru.
Delete all harmful registry entries created by SpeedOptimizerGuru.
Give a timely warning when you visit malicious websites.
Provide a real-time protection to your PC.
SpyHunter Installation Process:
- Once finished downloading, double-click SpyHunter-Installer.exe on your computer.
- Click Run button.
- Choose the language you prefer and click OK button.
- Click CONTINUE button to go on.
- Now SpyHunter is installing. Please wait for a moment.
- Click FINISH button to finish SpyHunter installation.
- Launch SpyHunter to have a full scan of your PC by clicking Scan Computer Now.
- Now, SpyHunter is scanning your PC. Please wait for a few seconds.
- Once finishing scanning, please click Fix Threats button to remove SpeedOptimizerGuru.
Uninstall SpeedOptimizerGuru related programs from Control Panel.
PUP like SpeedOptimizerGuru often installs other unwanted programs on your PC, so you need to uninstall them from your Control Panel. We provide corresponding steps for different operating systems. Please follow our guide to uninstall all suspicious programs now!
- Click Start menu and then select Control Panel.
- In the opened window, click Uninstall a program under Programs.
- Look for any suspicious programs in the list of installed programs and then click Uninstall.
- Click Start menu and then select Control Panel.
- Click Add or Remove Programs
- Search for any unwanted programsin the list of installed programs and then clickChange/Remove button.
- Right-click Start at the lower left corner of your screen and then select Control Panel from the menu.
- In the opened window, click Uninstall a program under Programs.
- Look for any malicious programs from the currently installed programs and then clickUninstall.
Note: In some case, adware like SpeedOptimizerGuru is protected by malicious process that will not allow you to uninstall it from your Control Panel. If it gives you an error message and prevents you from uninstalling SpeedOptimizerGuru, you need to download a Professional Adware Removal Tool to completely get rid of all malicious programs.
Remove SpeedOptimizerGuru From Chrome
- Open Chrome, click the 3 parallel lines icon at the top right corner and then choose More tools→Extensions.
- Search for SpeedOptimizerGuru and then click the recycle bin to remove it.
- Then you will get a pop up as shown below. Click Remove button.
Remove Search.mysearch.com homepage from Google Chrome.
- After you remove SpeedOptimizerGuru, click the Settings tab at the left side of the Extensions window and then clickSet pages.
- In the opened window, delete Search.mysearch.com URL by clicking x icon at the end and then click OKbutton.
- Return to the Settings window and then click Change.
- Delete Search.mysearch.com homepage http://search.mysearch.com…/. Then you can type www.google.com web address into the box as your new homepage and then click OK button.
- Return to Settings page, click Manage search engine button.
- Then you will get a window as shown below. Delete Search.mysearch.com by clicking X icon and then clickDone button.
Reset Google Chrome to default settings.
- In the Settings window, scroll down to the bottom and then click Show advanced settings….
- After that, continue to scroll down until you see Reset settings button and click it.
- When a window pops up, click Reset button to complete the operation.
- Restart your PC.
Remove SpeedOptimizerGuru From Firefox
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click the 3 parallel lines icon at the top right corner and then choose Add-ons from context menu.
- After you get a message box as shown below, look for SpeedOptimizerGuru and then click Remove button to delete it.
Remove SpeedOptimizerGuru homepage from Firefox.
- After you open your Mozilla Firefox, click the 3 parallel lines icon at the top right corner and then clickOptions.
- Then you get a window as shown below. Remove SpeedOptimizerGuru homepage. Then you can type your desired web address into the Home page box as your new homepage.
Reset Firefox to default settings.
- Click the 3 parallel lines icon at the top right corner and then click the help icon.
- Select Troubleshooting Information.
- Click Refresh Firefox button.
- After you see a window as shown below, click Refresh Firefox button.
- Restart your PC.
How to Prevent Adware
1.Beware of the Gimmicks:
If a download or software selection seems to have a few strings attached, then you should probably move on. Pop-ups and advertisements that promise something for free or make an offer “you can’t refuse,” is not worth the hassle that comes when you unsuccessfully satisfy your curiosity.
A good way to avoid annoying adware is to block pop-ups before they even have a chance to entice a click. There are many free options to consider when looking for a reliable pop-up blocker.
Individuals help prevent adware by keeping up with their security patch and Windows operating system updates.
When using a pre-Internet Explorer 7 version on your computer, it is suggested to establish a prompt that alerts Active X installations, which are sometimes responsible for opening up the gateway for malicious downloads to take place. In IE7, the prompt is already turned on by default.
5.Alter Internet Habits:
Some people change the way they make use of the Internet in order to prevent the chaos of adware and other malicious software downloads. While it may sound easy enough, simply using the Internet less is a good way to reduce the risk, as well as prevent adware attacks from taking place. Also, it is a good idea to turn off the computer when it is not in use. Just because you are not manning the controls of your PC, a computer still connected to the online world is sometimes just as vulnerable for attack. Turning off a computer or disconnecting from the Internet when the PC is not in use is a good habit to follow.
SpeedOptimizerGuru pop-up is something unwanted and annoying because it can appear anytime on your web browser and block you from surfing the web properly, especially when you are on e-commerce websites, such as eBay or Amazon. This pop up is generated by Adware that releases loads of pop-up advertisements. Those ads cover your screen and prevent you from viewing the website you want. Also your browser may keep crashing all the time, giving you ‘not responding’ error. Removing these pop-ups is a difficult job because this type of adware will not show any presence in control panel/add or remove programs. It may not be listed there or it could give you endless error messages to prevent the removal. Pop-up ads from SpeedOptimizerGuru can push more system trouble like other potentially unwanted program and malicious software to add up on the system.