What is Hot2015Rewards.com?
Hot2015Rewards.com is a browser hijacker that has affected large number of Windows PC around the globe. It has the ability to infect your default browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Opera. Whenever you are surfing on-net, it display several pop-up ads on your browser and all the web pages soon gets covered with Hot2015Rewards.com ads. However, the redirect virus comes along with free downloads or uses spam email attachments to spread its infection. What worse, it install malicious codes into your browser and modify the default homepage without any authorization. It also replaces your default search engine and frequently redirects users to its associated websites.
Being more frequent, Hot2015Rewards.com disables security, stops working of task manager and turn off the default firewall setting. This disturbs PC when it is functioning or reboot process is running and hence blocks you to run any activity on your computer. furthermore, this very browser infection is linked with some dubious websites and allow malware developers to drop thousands of harmful parasites like trojan, worm, virus, rootkit etc. into PC which causes issues like system crash. So, it is our strict recommendation to use Automatic Removal Tool and make quick removal of Hot2015Rewards.com from your PC in order to prevent further damages.
How and Why You Are Redirected to Hot2015Rewards.com
The unwanted redirections to or other websites usually are the result of the break-in of potentially unwanted program. Malware can enter a computer via legitimate download of freeware, foisting on other programs, deceptive pay-per-click ads and many other ways. As reported by some victims of this browser hijacker, their computer are infected after they download programs named Bontio or Pokki. If you try to do a little research about these two programs, you will find that both of them are notorious programs that can even modify the system file and affect the start menu.
no capacity for search services itself.
This browser hijacker could affect most of browsers such as Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox. It can replace the links in the search results so that it will lead the computer user to its page or other pages with sponsored contents instead of their intended destination. When a user clicks on a link, the request will be intercepted and the user is redirected to the page that they did not intend to visit, but the most common way for leading unwanted redirect is to embed malicious code directly into the link. The redirect virus is able to disguise their codes and create variations to escape from detection by security program, so most of antivirus software sometimes finds nothing wrong when users’ browsers work abnormally.
Usually, Hot2015Rewards.com invades into the PC through using unprincipled way like through
free downloads preferably from unknown source.
opening spam attached mails,
accessing suspicious or adult websites,
clicking on dubious links,
outdated antivirus programs,
file sharing through peer to peer network, bluetooth sharing
Inconvenience Caused By Hot2015Rewards.com:
Hot2015Rewards.com brings lots of problem along with itself. Even, it do have capability to disable system security programs in order to prevent itself from real time detection.
It mutely travels into the PC without having any knowledge to the user.
Do have capability to take whole control over browser by modifying all its previous settings along with homepage and default search engine.
Monitor user’s online browsing behavior so as to collect your personal data.
Can expose user’s private and confidential data to cyber crooks in order to get profit.
Keeps popping up unlimited pop-ups, advertisements, fake alerts, notifications on the browser.
Can mislead user to unsafe domain.
Get loaded automatically each time when window launches.
Allows many other harmful programs to download and install into the computer
Hot2015Rewards.com browser hijacker removal guide
If your computer is infected with this browser hijacker, follow the instructions below to get rid of it from the PC. Have tried many manual methods but the virus is still there Try advanced anti-malware software as mentioned below to detect and delete the threats completely.
Step1:Run SpyHunter to find and delete Hot2015Rewards.com
Step2:Uninstall potentially unwanted programs via Control Panel
Step3:Remove suspicious add-ons/extensions from browsers
Step4:Repair the default homepage and search engine
Step5:Delete Hot2015Rewards.com from browser shortcuts
Note: With the steps above, Hot2015Rewards.com should disappear from your PC. When your computer is infected with such unwanted software and you find the regular manual methods fail to work, use SpyHunter and the problem can be fixed soon. They can find and remove Hot2015Rewards.com completelyfrom your PC with only a few clicks.
Step1:Run SpyHunter to find and delete Hot2015Rewards.com
SpyHunter is an anti-malware program that can detect and remove browser hijackers, adware, spyware and other malware completely. It provides you free malware detection. Follow the steps below to delete the infections within your system by using SpyHunter:
- Click here to download SpyHunter.
- SpyHunter starts to scan your system for malware. The scanning may take a few minutes to finish.
- Once done, all the threats on your PC will be showed in the scan results. The tool provides you with brief info and related infections of the threats. You can expand to view more details about the malware. To clear the infections, click on the Fix Threats button.
- You need to purchase the full version of SpyHunter to completely wipe out Hot2015Rewards.com and other infections.
Step2: Uninstall potentially unwanted programs via Control Panel
Some other additional programs may come along with the browser hijacker.To free up your hard disk space and prevent from further problems, please uninstall those uninvited programs via Control Panel.
- Click on Start button and select Settings.
- Click on Systems.
- Select Apps & Features. All the installed programs will be displayed on the right
- Find any program that you don’t want, select it and click on Uninstall button
- Click on Uninstall in the pop-up to confirm the removal. Remove the unwanted programs with the given instructions completely.
- Use Windows key + X key combination to bring up the Power User Menu.
- Select Programs and Features from the menu.
- Search for the program s that may come along with Hot2015Rewards.com browser hijacker, select them and click on Uninstall button.
- Follow the prompts to completely remove the unwanted programs.
- Click on Start button and choose Control Panel.
- Click on Uninstall a program under Programs category (View by: Category) or Programs and Features(View by: Large icons).
- Find the programs that were installed without permission, select them and click on Uninstall button one by one.
- Complete the removal by following the instructions on the screen.
- Click on Start button and select Control Panel.
- Double click on Add/Remove Programs.
- Select any program unfamiliar to you that was installed recently, click on Remove button.
- Follow the instructions to complete the uninstallation.
Note: If the programs can’t be removed from Control Panel as usual, you may consider using an advanced malware removal tool to uninstall them thoroughly. For the sake of your PC, it’s not suggested that you leave these unexpected programs on the PC.
Step3:Remove suspicious add-ons/extensions from browsers
Sometimes Hot2015Rewards.com browser hijacker may be caused by certain browser extensions/add-ons. Follow the guide below to disable or remove the harmful add-ons/extensions.
- Click on Tools or the IE menu (gear icon) button, and then click Manage Add-ons from the menu.
- Click on Toolbars and Extensions under Add-on Types.
- Remove any add-on that is unfamiliar to you by selecting it and clicking on the Remove button.
- Click on Tools on the menu bar or the Mozilla Firefox menu button and then select Add-ons.
- In the Add-ons Manager page, click on Extensions on the left side.
- Find any unwanted add-on and remove it by clicking on Remove button next to it.
- Click on the Chrome menu button in the top right corner of the browser and then select More Tools ->Extensions.
- Find any extension related to Hot2015Rewards.com or strange to you and click chrome-trashcan-icon to remove it.
Step4: Repair the default homepage and search engine
If your default homepage and search engine have been changed to Hot2015Rewards.com, follow the guide below to reset them.
- Click on the Tools or the IE menu button (gear icon) and click Internet Options.
- Click on the General tab, check Home page field and delete Hot2015Rewards.com if it is there. Then enter the address of the website that you’d like to set as the default homepage instead. Click OK to save the changes.
- Click on Tools on the menu bar or the IE menu button (gear icon) and select Manage add-ons.
- Click on Search Providers under Add-on Types. If any unwanted search engine is listed there, select it and click Remove button and then click Close. Choose a search engine you want and click Set as default to set it as the default search provider.
- Click on Tools or the Firefox menu button and select Options from the drop-down menu.
- Click on the General on the left side. Under Startup, make sure When Firefox starts: is set to Show my home page. Delete Hot2015Rewards.com from the Home Page field if you see it there. Then enter the address of your preferred website.
- Click on Search on the left side. Under Default Search Engines section, select the one you’d like to set as the default search engine by clicking on the arrow icon.
- Under One-click search engines section, select the search engine you you don’t want and click on Removebutton. Close the page and the changes will be saved.
- Click on Chrome menu button and select Settings.
- Under On startup, select Open a specific page or set of pages and click the Set pages. Delete Hot2015Rewards.com and enter the URL of your preferred page in the blank field and click on OK to save the changes.
- Scroll down to the Appearance section, click on the Change link. If any unwanted URL is displayed there, please delete it by clicking on the “X” button. Then type the address of the website you’d like in the editable field and click on OK button.
- Scroll down to the Search section, click on the arrow button and select the search engine that you want. It will become you default search engine.
- To delete the unwanted search engine, click on Manage search engines… link. Delete the search engine you want to remove by clicking on the “X” icon. Click on OK button to save the changes.
Step5: Delete Hot2015Rewards.com from browser shortcuts
The browser hijacker may add an argument like Hot2015Rewards.com to your browser shortcuts.In this way, the site can open automatically every time you start the browser. To fix the issue, you need to delete the annoying argument from the browser shortcuts as below:
- Locate to your IE/Chrome/Firefox shortcut icon on the desktop, right click on it and select Properties.
- Check the shortcut path and make sure there are no extra characters like the URL of the browser hijacker behind the target path (e.g. “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe”.) If any harmful content is found, please delete it and then click on OK to save the changes.
How to Avoid the Trojan Horse Virus
1.Never open unsolicited emails from unknown senders. Emails from people you don’t know may contain links, attachments or other traps that can get you to inadvertently install Trojans.
2.Avoid downloading and installing programs unless you fully trust the publisher. Some websites attempt to trick users into downloading programs that they claim will perform useful tasks, when in reality installation will only infect your computer.
3.Use firewall software. Firewalls are programs that can block unsolicited connections, which may help prevent Trojans. If you use Windows XP Service Pack 2 or later, Vista or Windows 7, you will have access to Windows Firewall. Make sure it is running properly by clicking “Start,” “Control Panel,” “Security,” “Windows Firewall” and “Change Settings.” Click “On” and “Apply” if it is not already on.